The Nordic Spore Accords

Ardus

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1308782165' post='2738693']
It appears to be more an ODP than a PIAT. It contians an explicit optional military assistance clause, and the intelligence clause is extremely limited (dealing only with leaks, something which alliances with a decent relationship would inform each other of anyway).
[/quote]

Well, the treaty could have been made like Nemhauser's MSPAINT example; but that was too simple. The treaty needed something to confuse the masses with.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1308779056' post='2738639']
But it's infuriating, that there's always gullible alliances like NoR ready to lap up whatever scraps you have to offer, under the delusion that you'll actually stand with them in their time of need.
[/quote]

I wonder why they didn't align with you..

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1308779578' post='2738655']
Well, to be fair, that was more hopefulness on my part. Everyone knows that big parties always resolve these things, nobody wants to actually risk upsetting the order of the world. Cowardice abound. Just how things are, most unfortunately.

Isn't helped by this era of fear we live in, I mean, after all, nobody wants to be sidelined for a year, and that's the modern consequence of losing "The Big One."
[/quote]

you must live in a different era than we do. we finished our reps two weeks ago and that was only delayed because GOONS didn't have the slots available. now we're not rebuilt but that's just because we lost a lot in this last war but that's the nature of the game, not any "era" we live in. i personally am not terribly happy how close this brings us "that side" but it's no indictment of the world writ large.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1308779056' post='2738639']
But it's infuriating, that there's always gullible alliances like NoR ready to lap up whatever scraps you have to offer, under the delusion that you'll actually stand with them in their time of need.
[/quote]

Lapping up scraps... wait, could it be?

[img]http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/RedNPO/DHribbon2.png[/img]

NOOOOOOO.

Edit: Congrats to all parties involved and whatnot.

Edited by Melancholy Culkin

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1308779578' post='2738655']
Everyone knows that big parties always resolve these things, nobody wants to actually risk upsetting the order of the world. Cowardice abound. Just how things are, most unfortunately.
[/quote]

/me Likes upsetting this world.

Worldwide delivery in 25 hours or less. :ph34r:

[quote name='Durabo' timestamp='1308783199' post='2738708']
I wonder why they didn't align with you..
[/quote]
I don't want NoR. It's not so much this particular treaty that irks me, it's the fact that this ties the rest of vikings.bloc directly to MK. And we all know how it's not "just an ODP," it's a bridge that will be taken instead of fulfilling more serious obligations on the losing side of the next fight. Because that's how cowards operate. Instead of actually defending the parties they have strong ties to, they'll look for any narrow thread via which to throw in with the other side. It happens every war, and NoR is just the kind of alliance to pull a stunt like that. Not saying it applies to the rest of vikings.bloc, but they're going to be drug along with NoR when MK launches its next war of conquest.

[quote name='Indian Bob' timestamp='1308783381' post='2738711']
you must live in a different era than we do. we finished our reps two weeks ago and that was only delayed because GOONS didn't have the slots available. now we're not rebuilt but that's just because we lost a lot in this last war but that's the nature of the game, not any "era" we live in. i personally am not terribly happy how close this brings us "that side" but it's no indictment of the world writ large.
[/quote]
With all due respect for your contributions in that war, SNAFU isn't a particularly important alliance, and you were far from the focal point of that war.

NPO and her closest allies have been taken out of commission for the foreseeable future, and that goes double for NPO itself. That "limited way" crap wasn't just so they could have fun blowing stuff up, you know.

And you can't deny the trend of the post-Karma era. Mostly because there is 3 global wars' worth of cold hard facts to back up the reality of the situation. If you're at the center of a losing war, you can expect to be sidelined for at least a year. And for some reason, we're supposed to believe that this is somehow better than pre-Karma.

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1308783446' post='2738712']
Lapping up scraps... wait, could it be?

[img]http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/RedNPO/DHribbon2.png[/img]

NOOOOOOO.
[/quote]Oh lawdy, people are still butthurt at the ribbons? :v:

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1308779495' post='2738652']
No, you just can't see an MK thread without flipping out and bemoaning all the horrible things we're doing.

It's PIAT, calm down and take a deep breath crazy.
[/quote]

Hey man, it's these low level non-commitment treaties that are killing this world. The [size="1"]small [/size][size="2"]things matters, man.[/size]

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1308785201' post='2738733']
I don't want NoR. It's not so much this particular treaty that irks me, it's the fact that this ties the rest of vikings.bloc directly to MK. And we all know how it's not "just an ODP," it's a bridge that will be taken instead of fulfilling more serious obligations on the losing side of the next fight. Because that's how cowards operate. Instead of actually defending the parties they have strong ties to, they'll look for any narrow thread via which to throw in with the other side. It happens every war, and NoR is just the kind of alliance to pull a stunt like that. Not saying it applies to the rest of vikings.bloc, but they're going to be drug along with NoR when MK launches its next war of conquest.

With all due respect for your contributions in that war, SNAFU isn't a particularly important alliance, and you were far from the focal point of that war.

NPO and her closest allies have been taken out of commission for the foreseeable future, and that goes double for NPO itself. That "limited way" crap wasn't just so they could have fun blowing stuff up, you know.

And you can't deny the trend of the post-Karma era. Mostly because there is 3 global wars' worth of cold hard facts to back up the reality of the situation. If you're at the center of a losing war, you can expect to be sidelined for at least a year. And for some reason, we're supposed to believe that this is somehow better than pre-Karma.

Oh lawdy, people are still butthurt at the ribbons? :v:
[/quote]
You whining isn't going to make anyone feel sympathy for you. In all seriousness, congrats to both parties again.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

Oh lawdy, people are still butthurt at the ribbons? :v:
[/quote]

I'm sure people are but the point of my post clearly went way over your head. It's funny you bring up butt-hurt though considering the things this treaty has apparently done to your... butt.

[/quote]

i never said we were important but the only thing you can possibly be saying is worse now than it was before is the reps and i'm just pointing out that we took on our (admittedly small portion) and TPF's and we're done. if you're not talking about reps then this new statement seems to suggest that <gasp> people take damage in war. yeah the attack on NPO sucked and was b.s. but saying that they took damage and therefore are out of the picture for a year is just stating the obvious. we're not all that big, but we pulled our bigger nations out of PM a lot sooner than the rest of the coalition, so by extension we should be out of commission a lot longer than the NPO any of the other "focus points" and i'm telling you that's just not going to be the case.

pick a fight that makes sense. "big wars damage alliances and that takes time to rebuild" isn't it.

[/quote]

I am not exactly sure how it differs from the pre-Karma era. How many alliances got on the wrong side of the fence and never made it back until NPO falled?