The Nordic Spore Accords

Ardus

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1308779582' post='2738656']
Very interesting treaty.

Should I suppose that the Mushreich faction has achieved victory against the Mushroom Kommuna?
[/quote]
The triumph of the Glorious Mushreich was inevitable.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1308785201' post='2738733']
Not saying it applies to the rest of vikings.bloc, but they're going to be drug along with NoR when MK launches its next war of conquest.
[/quote]
War of conquest? All the Reich is asking for is lebensraum :v:

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1308777326' post='2738613']
Huh, I thought we had seen the last of this wording due to the loophole contained within.
[/quote]
It's not really a loophole. It's a statement that neither party felt it necessary to bring out the e-lawyers into forcing a period of non-aggression, or something similar, should the treaty be cancelled or violated. Why? Because the treaty won't be cancelled or violated.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1308779056' post='2738639']
Not saying it was a dumb move. But it's infuriating, that there's always gullible alliances like NoR ready to lap up whatever scraps you have to offer, under the delusion that you'll actually stand with them in their time of need.
[/quote]
You ever heard of NoCB, where MK threw themselves into an oncoming bus for my alliance, GR?

I wouldn't say they don't honor their treaties when they can and when they are close to people.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1308790623' post='2738822']
Me rikey. Congrats to you both! NoR, can you convince Val to sign one of these with us. :awesome:

edit: "on" = "one", right?
[/quote]

You just want our booze and wenches >_>

At least it's an ODP. But it would really make things more sensible and honest around here if people would just stick with their blocs instead of signing tons of inter-bloc treaties. Obviously nearly any war these days is going to be global, so you have to realize that your ties are just going to determine which coalition of blocs you're going to roll with. Nor's got a shiny new bloc, already, so this is either Nor tying Mj a bit more directly to DH/PB, or it's essentially obsolete. Neither seems like a particularly compelling motivation for a treaty.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1308791339' post='2738830']
At least it's an ODP. But it would really make things more sensible and honest around here if people would just stick with their blocs instead of signing tons of inter-bloc treaties. Obviously nearly any war these days is going to be global, so you have to realize that your ties are just going to determine which coalition of blocs you're going to roll with. Nor's got a shiny new bloc, already, so this is either Nor tying Mj a bit more directly to DH/PB, or it's essentially obsolete. Neither seems like a particularly compelling motivation for a treaty.
[/quote]
Or maybe it's just that we like them!

[quote name='ImperialCubanacan' timestamp='1308778209' post='2738631']
Nordreich and Mushroom Kingdom grew close during the recent war, and in the last few weeks both alliances felt we should cement that friendship with a treaty. There is nothing at all wrong with that.
[/quote]
Treaties are political. Friendship as foreign policy is retardation.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1308779220' post='2738643']
This is actually kind of cool- two alliances who have shown they actually, you know, [i]do stuff[/i]. Congrats to both.
[/quote]
Can I get some examples of things NoR has done? Things other alliances don't do will make your reply valid. This isn't a dig at NoR, I just don't like mush-mouth hailfests.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1308792515' post='2738840']
Or maybe it's just that we like them!
[/quote]
That's great, but what does that have to do with a defensive treaty between two alliances that have completely different sets of allies?

Treaties are indeed political and friendship is friendship. Who says Nordreich and Mushroom Kingdom are all that entirely different? Who sits in our FA discussions and between our discussions with other alliances within Cyber Nations? I do for the most part.

Nordreich and Mushroom Kingdom agreed on a political level to perform this treaty and agreed on a friendship level that we like one another's alliances. It is quite simple really. We are not against them; we grew close together and post war -- we decided our political situations match. There is no overt 'hail the mighty Mushroom Kingdom, Archon is god incarnate' coming from us; merely, an agreeable relationship and treaty.

It is not as cloak and dagger as one may suspect.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1308794638' post='2738857']
Can I get some examples of things NoR has done?
[/quote]
Get mistaken as a far right terrorist group and, as a result, bring FARK to CN in the First Great Greenlight.

To be honest, FARK should probably send Nordreich a tribute of tech and cash every month as thanks for bringing them here. I think the two of them would be the very best friends, I do. They're the original odd couple! And best of all, they both take great pleasure in revealing the press to be populated by brain dead clods.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1308794638' post='2738857']
Can I get some examples of things NoR has done? Things other alliances don't do will make your reply valid. This isn't a dig at NoR, I just don't like mush-mouth hailfests.
[/quote]

There was a certain incident involving a [OOC]RL[/OOC] nation that created so much publicity that a group of rulers relocated to this world and started an alliance of their very own.

/me waves at Fark

Of course, under the heading 'Unintended Consequences' we must also recognize that we inadvertently created a golem by the name of Slayer99 in the process.

These things happen.