Joint Val/NoR/DT/Asgaard/RoK announcement

[quote name='Lord Curzon' timestamp='1308551302' post='2735651']
Even now you have a sitting government member of an SF alliance openly threatening this bloc, a fact which I do not [u]recall[/u] seeing from the government members of MJ yet.
[/quote]
Could you point this out to me? I think I missed it.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1308571111' post='2735747']
Anyone else think that keeping up with this thead is like doing homework, it's summer time!
[/quote]
Not at all. This is the most interesting thread we've had in months.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1308571726' post='2735749']
Agreed, but it's still too much reading for Sarm :awesome:
[/quote]

Well here is the TL:DR
1. Bloc declared
2. Gratz and Mehs
then
[quote name='Lord Curzon' timestamp='1308551302' post='2735651']
We saw in order a) a senior member of CSN insult this bloc and intimate that it would be destroyed then b) a minor member of RoK throw out a threat then c) gov members of SF take that threat overly seriously and responded in kind then d) general degeneration.
[/quote]

General degeneration mostly refers to SF and RoK reunion.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Goose' timestamp='1308366413' post='2733540']
/me stumbles about trying to scrape the red X off his back...
[/quote]
[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1308366164' post='2733535'][quote name='Natan' timestamp='1308365091' post='2733513']
Very cute

May you achieve what I wish for you to achieve
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more friend.
[/quote]

Yup, I can feel for both of ya. We'll see how this "winter" plays out won't we :)

I knew this thread had real potential. I'm just upset that all the anger is directed at RoK. I'm accustomed to the butt hurt and angst being directed towards NoR. It's just not fair.

Though I can't quite understand why all the resentment is bubbling up at this very moment. I could understand SF being upset with RoK leaving SF. That's certainly couldn't have been a very clean break to make considering the history there, but I don't recall this degree of outrage. I could understand being upset when RoK canceled some of their other treaties as well. Cancellations always suck and it did give notice as to a general direction RoK wanted to take their foreign affairs. But I still don't recall this degree of outrage. Maybe I'm not remembering it properly or maybe I just missed it, but where was all the outrage towards RoK previous to this bloc announcement? The foreshadowing of RoK's general FA direction was rather clear. At least it was to myself and certainly to any FA department worth a damn.

Maybe you all just kept the butt hurt bottled up and this announcement released it all in one go. If that is the case, you guys need to deal with your frustration better. This just isn't healthy man.

Having said that, I can understand the frustration. But the thinly veiled threats certainly strike me as rather juvenile. Mjolnir is certainly not intimidated.

[quote name='Valdoroth Kai' timestamp='1308572553' post='2735755']
Yup, I can feel for both of ya. We'll see how this "winter" plays out won't we :)
[/quote]
After the contents of this thread, I certainly deserve to use that remark more than Goose does. I mean, were not the ones telling others they'll meet us in hell.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1308579991' post='2735830']
I knew this thread had real potential. I'm just upset that all the anger is directed at RoK. I'm accustomed to the butt hurt and angst being directed towards NoR.
[/quote] What can I say, we aim to please. :P

[quote name='Thunder Strike' timestamp='1308548432' post='2735601']
Can we just role this bloc already?
[/quote]
OH such a tease.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1308548583' post='2735607']
Pot stirring and some ill placed characterizations is one thing, blatant threat is another. Goose's post was along the lines of "hurr roll the nazidisco" or something, to which the other kid responded, in sum, watch your mouth or you may get hit.
[/quote]
Yes the hurr was strong in gooses post but charecterizing this bloc as Nazi Vikings is not something that I find appropriate. While im sure in the SF campfires it was laughed about some of us didnt find it funny here on the OWF or on IRC. Well i take that back it was a weak attempt at trying to stir up a fire that has long since been put out so I guess in a way I chuckled. Not out of laughter but that uncomfortable feeling when someone makes an ass out of himself.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1308550168' post='2735635']
Holy hell this topic got ugly once I got off. Jesus people, I know you hate each other...but [i]$%&@[/i]. I haven't exactly agreed with and/or been on the good side of Delta or Xiph lately, but even I'm disgusted by some of the crap slung at them in this thread. Love em or hate em, they don't deserve that sort of treatment. None of you do.
[/quote]
The post that was over the line was apologized for. Which was responded to with more butt hurt and whining and insults. We all have mud on our hands the blame can be leveled at both sides.

Flinders im sorry man RoK has stolen your thunder from you :P

Beware the Northmen WE DO NOT SOW

Edited by Buds The Man

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1308579991' post='2735830']
I knew this thread had real potential. I'm just upset that all the anger is directed at RoK. I'm accustomed to the butt hurt and angst being directed towards NoR. It's just not fair.

Though I can't quite understand why all the resentment is bubbling up at this very moment. I could understand SF being upset with RoK leaving SF. That's certainly couldn't have been a very clean break to make considering the history there, but I don't recall this degree of outrage. I could understand being upset when RoK canceled some of their other treaties as well. Cancellations always suck and it did give notice as to a general direction RoK wanted to take their foreign affairs. But I still don't recall this degree of outrage. Maybe I'm not remembering it properly or maybe I just missed it, but where was all the outrage towards RoK previous to this bloc announcement? The foreshadowing of RoK's general FA direction was rather clear. At least it was to myself and certainly to any FA department worth a damn.

Maybe you all just kept the butt hurt bottled up and this announcement released it all in one go. If that is the case, you guys need to deal with your frustration better. This just isn't healthy man.

Having said that, I can understand the frustration. But the thinly veiled threats certainly strike me as rather juvenile. Mjolnir is certainly not intimidated.
[/quote]

I'm sorry flinders we'll try to be more hostile towards NoR in the future, but you gotta admit our hostility has long become routine and therefore a little boring. Rok on the other hand has all the spice of a new grudge not yet explored to its fullest extent. Ah the joys of new found rage. :blush:

Also I hope you are not intimidated. This finally looks like it could turn into a nice opposition so please don't ruin it by getting shy now.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1308581069' post='2735841']
What can I say, we aim to please. :P
[/quote]
You please me all night long baby. But cool it with this showing me up on the OWF or I'll develop a (another?) complex. For all the anger in this thread you'd think you declared war on these fine people instead of simply solidifying a branch of the treaty web you were already tied to.