Joint Val/NoR/DT/Asgaard/RoK announcement

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1308548427' post='2735600']
I believe he is saying that Goose started the pot stirring early on in the thread.
[/quote]

Pot stirring and some ill placed characterizations is one thing, blatant threat is another. Goose's post was along the lines of "hurr roll the nazidisco" or something, to which the other kid responded, in sum, watch your mouth or you may get hit.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1308548583' post='2735607']
Pot stirring and some ill placed characterizations is one thing, blatant threat is another. Goose's post was along the lines of "hurr roll the nazidisco" or something, to which the other kid responded, in sum, watch your mouth or you may get hit.
[/quote]
"Goose started the fire..but he continued it!!!"

The other kid has also been in RoK it appears for 27 days, and been involved in this great place for under a year, while Goose is a former leader of CSN.

Who we should expect to make a more appropriate comment?

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1308549094' post='2735619']
"Goose started the fire..but he continued it!!!"

The other kid has also been in RoK it appears for 27 days, while Goose is a former leader of CSN.

Who we should expect to make a more appropriate comment?
[/quote]

I did notice the seniority, hence why I originally said "some kid with eyes bigger then his stomach". Instead of perpetuating it though, it would have been better for you guys to diffuse it right then and there, no?

Immediately forming rank and laying down the argument lines kind of gives his post legitimacy, 27 days or not.

As for appropriateness, well, I think its a question of whether or not a threat is an appropriate response to an inappropriate comment. Around here, it isn't. Stirring the pot, even distastefully, is the norm. Once you have something like a threat in play though of course past history gets brought up, which is why it's kinda stupid to call it "butt hurt" when its actually just "an argument" :x

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1308549782' post='2735629']
I did notice the seniority, hence why I originally said "some kid with eyes bigger then his stomach". Instead of perpetuating it though, it would have been better for you guys to diffuse it right then and there, no?

Immediately forming rank and laying down the argument lines kind of gives his post legitimacy, 27 days or not.

As for appropriateness, well, I think its a question of whether or not a threat is an appropriate response to an inappropriate comment. Around here, it isn't. Stirring the pot, even distastefully, is the norm. Once you have something like a threat in play though of course past history gets brought up, which is why it's kinda stupid to call it "butt hurt" when its actually just "an argument" :x
[/quote]

You are missing the bigger picture of this thread.

Holy hell this topic got ugly once I got off. Jesus people, I know you hate each other...but [i]$%&@[/i]. I haven't exactly agreed with and/or been on the good side of Delta or Xiph lately, but even I'm disgusted by some of the crap slung at them in this thread. Love em or hate em, they don't deserve that sort of treatment. None of you do.

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1308550136' post='2735633']
You are missing the bigger picture of this thread.
[/quote]

Golly, you got me, I'm notorious for not being a big picture kind of guy.

....lol

(I think you misunderstood what me and bob were actually talking about, which was basically all academic anyway)

Immediately forming rank and laying down the argument lines kind of gives his post legitimacy, 27 days or not. [/quote]
I don't see that as how it went down, but I can see why you would.

[quote]
[/quote]
We know what it is. :smug:

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[/quote]

I think that is an unfair characterization of what happened there. We saw in order a) a senior member of CSN insult this bloc and intimate that it would be destroyed then b) a minor member of RoK throw out a threat then c) gov members of SF take that threat overly seriously and responded in kind then d) general degeneration.

I think we can be intellectually honest enough to admit that there is plenty of blame to go around. Even now you have a sitting government member of an SF alliance openly threatening this bloc, a fact which I do not [u]recall[/u] seeing from the government members of MJ yet.

I believe the proverb is "You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." No?

[quote name='Lord Curzon' timestamp='1308551302' post='2735651']
I think that is an unfair characterization of what happened there. We saw in order a) a senior member of CSN insult this bloc and intimate that it would be destroyed then b) a minor member of RoK throw out a threat then c) gov members of SF take that threat overly seriously and responded in kind then d) general degeneration.

I think we can be intellectually honest enough to admit that there is plenty of blame to go around. Even now you have a sitting government member of an SF alliance openly threatening this bloc, a fact which I do not [u]recall[/u] seeing from the government members of MJ yet.

I believe the proverb is "You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." No?
[/quote]

Analogizing the case to that quote certainly is an interpretation, however I don't think its any more reasonable then mine. But hey, reasonable minds can differ. My original point was though that the hurrr ass hurt comments are just kind of stupid since everything that followed [i]can [/i] in some respects be traced back to a threat.

One thing though, I don't think there is any "blame" to go around really, per se. Just people who don't like each other very much arguing, nothing wrong with that.

[quote name='Goose' timestamp='1308473509' post='2734596']
Roll [s]techno[/s]Nazi-Viking!

Winter didn't turn out so well for those that claimed it was always coming.
[/quote]

Can I have some Foie Gras with that?

LOL @ the epic butthurt in this thread.

On a brighter note: congrats on the bloc guys, I see this working out just fine! Great bunch of alliances here.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1308551654' post='2735655']
Analogizing the case to that quote certainly is an interpretation, but I don't think its any more reasonable then mine though. But hey, reasonable minds can differ. My original point was though that the hurrr ass hurt comments are just kind of stupid since everything that followed [i]can [/i] in some respects be traced back to a threat.

One thing though, I don't think there is any "blame" to go around really, per se. Just people who don't like each other very much arguing, nothing wrong with that.
[/quote]

Ah, saw you're original comment. You're right.

However, hopefully you can understand why

[quote]Instead of perpetuating it though, it would have been better for you guys to diffuse it right then and there, no?

Immediately forming rank and laying down the argument lines kind of gives his post legitimacy, 27 days or not. [/quote]

appeared to be an assignment of blame for the topic's degeneration.

this is an awesome bloc and I loved the story. <- Wrote 3 days ago and forgot to click "post", feelings have not chaged
o/ all

Damn, a man goes on a bender for a weekend and misses all the fun of something like what you would see when a couple breaks up and the woman sees the husband is in a new relationship and starts a massive scene of crying and slapping. Its embarrassing for the husband and, most of the crowd that gathers, is a mixture of dark humor and a collective "ah, i can see why he had to get out"

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1308529704' post='2735165']
Does that mean that you're about to fade away? If so I can stand being a small dog.
[/quote]
Sounding more like a whining female dog each day, or at the very least neutered. I understand wanting to defend your alliance but you don't need to jump into each debate and try and sound like the the most loyal member. Please, for your own sake, stop.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1308533832' post='2735268']
Wow RoK.
[/quote]
kinda the same for you, just because being self-righteous feels good and lets you take any criticism as validation dosen't mean its a good idea.

I'm saddened to see friends drink the Kool aid and keep going back for more.

[quote name='Ozymandius' timestamp='1308514695' post='2734914']
Do you guys realize that the people who went around saying winter is coming in A Song of Ice and Fire, the Starks, are nearly wiped out and killed by their enemies. I think it will fit here nicely though.
[/quote]

As a Shelley fan I think this is the post of the the thread. A perfect metaphor for what has become of SF since the last war with the perfect moniker.

[quote]"Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay[/quote]

A literal embodiment of the hubris of a once great and powerful being, now with a shattered visage, still sneering but naught but sand and rubble to rule. Thank you for being hear and living up to your namesake so well. You made my night and my hangover so much better. If you were any younger or less established, I would say you had to be a plant or a multi of some kind.

Shine on you crazy diamond