Joint Val/NoR/DT/Asgaard/RoK announcement

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1308526969' post='2735111']
It's not that they expected you [i]not[/i] to go to war, it's just that common convention within CN is that bloc mates and the collective interests of said blocs are generally what comes first and foremost (to a degree) in a signatory's foreign policy. Quite frankly, that is just how it is. Bloc signatories generally give up political maneuverability in exchange for greater security and a longer political and military reach via concentration of power through like-minded alliances. The fact that RoK's policies and desires deviated from the rest of SF...well...nobody can really fault you for that. People change. I think the real hurt just came from how it was handled in that the deviation and the effects of said split of interests was so sudden and resulted in the same bloc fighting on two sides.

It's not that you or anyone else was wrong for disagreeing/splitting on the issues surrounding the start of the war, it's just that the severe breakdown of communication witihn what is generally supposed to be a solid, single political identity caused a metric $%&@-ton of headaches.
[/quote]

Yeah because we know that the other SF's have always extended this same courtesy to RoK :rolleyes:

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1308528809' post='2735148']
This makes me sick. It sucks to see SF and ex-SF fighting. I can't blame anyone though, I probably would have done the same thing in Taut's shoes.
[/quote]
It's not really that. It's more of SF feeling threatened because a group of alliances who they believe are out for revenge (I think the joke that they made of themselves was already plenty) just banded together, so they're attacking it. The paranoids are out in full force trying to bring down a union of like-minded alliances. It's like a chihuahua that's scared by thunder. It'll bark as loud as it can, even though there is no threat... and it still won't trick anyone or anything into believing that it's a great dane.

I think everyone in Mjolnir was ready to let bygones be bygones. I find it funny that those who wronged so many among us continue to stoke the fire.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1308529424' post='2735160']
It's not really that. It's more of SF feeling threatened because a group of alliances who they believe are out for revenge (I think the joke that they made of themselves was already plenty) just banded together, so they're attacking it. The paranoids are out in full force trying to bring down a union of like-minded alliances. It's like a chihuahua that's scared by thunder. It'll bark as loud as it can, even though there is no threat... and it still won't trick anyone or anything into believing that it's a great dane.

I think everyone in Mjolnir was ready to let bygones be bygones. I find it funny that those who wronged so many among us continue to stoke the fire.
[/quote]

Does that mean that you're about to fade away? If so I can stand being a small dog.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1308529208' post='2735156']
Yeah because we know that the other SF's have always extended this same courtesy to RoK :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Like when we, especially Xiph, tried protecting polar for almost a year despite having no direct tie to them, because Rok was allied to them?

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1308529155' post='2735154']
Great response to his claims. A+++
[/quote]

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1308529208' post='2735156']
[/quote]

It really is, the other response would have been a log dump that showed just how low he just stooped.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1308528541' post='2735143']
You're lying and I'm too disgusted with you to continue talking about it.

I'll see you in hell.
[/quote]

You seem a bit upset there.

All I have to say is this: I remember when Rok were worth something.

When I was proud to be allied to them.

That...wasn't all that long ago. Yet it seems so very, very far away.

We'll see you in hell, Ragnarok.

well this sucks :(

I really like a lot of guys in both SF and Mj. Sad seeing you guys go at each other hey. I'd love to grab you guys throw a beer in both your hands and sit you down and chill out a bit but it seams its way beyond that.

Guess I'll just go back to my corner and get working on these new ACME kit nukes I just bought over the internet :nuke:
... why is there always left over nuts and bolts? I guess they must be spares :P

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1308530172' post='2735174']

[/quote]

Winter is coming....to Hell?

Oh hi folks, didn't see you all there. See, I came into this thread assuming that it was going to be about this grand ol' Vikings bloc, but to my surprise (well, can't say I'm too surprised actually), yet another thread as devolved into a "NO U" fest. And on top of that, someone just had to bring up the whole SF!-ROK thing. Woo!

EDIT

Seems to have stemmed off of a response to something Goose said back on page 12 or something.

[quote name='WarLaw' timestamp='1308503670' post='2734757']
whether you realize it or not, when you speak on this board you represent your own alliance...you best be careful what you say on here, you never know what might happen
[/quote]

[OOC: I swear that this whole SF!-ROK thing is going to become something of an IC equivalent to Godwin's Law]

Edited by SpacingOutMan

[/quote]

"See you in Hell"

I have heard this twice now in this thread, don't you think you might be overreacting a tad :huh:

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1308529110' post='2735153']
O.o

Well, I don't recall seeing that before, although it's likely just a symptom of too much CN dramaz rattling around in my head from these past several years. After a while it all seems to run together at times.
[/quote]

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1308529155' post='2735154']
Great response to his claims. A+++
[/quote]

Fine.

When, after months of work, mostly by Xiphosis and almost none* by Rok gov, to prevent a war between Polar and PB to come to pass, SF received the CB from VE, we all groaned and the first thing we heard from Rok on the subject, from Rampag3, was that he was angry enough to hit Polar himself. What followed were, what? a couple days of discussion by SF delegates during which time Tautology was an active participant and never [I]once[/I] objected to the CB, war or indicated that he'd want to defend Polar. He also had a conversation directly with Impero where he indicated that he didn't have a problem with the CB but never, and this will be important later, said the words "I will not be defending Polar."

Then, less than a day before war was going to be declared, Hoo left to join Polar because Rok wasn't planning to defend, and the alliance had a major issue about the whole thing. This was immediately followed by Taut claiming to his membership that woah, woah, woah, he always intended to defend Polar, and he'd never said "I won't defend Polar" so it must be true! Also, SF's fault for not stopping the war, and not his. We then discussed, with Taut, what we'd be doing about the mess of conflicting treaties that were going to result. I told him I'd be defending Rok. I then went and got a last minute agreement from the PB side that they'd go easy on Rok if RIA fought for the PB side as well (which, incidentally, I was going to do anyway because we had treaty obligations to uphold. This meant GOD and R&R were able to deal with their own obligations, but committed to defending Rok if anyone more than SLCB was put on them. We all, in that chat with Taut, discussed the fact that Rok would be going in for Polar, GOD and R&R would be helping defend PB, and RIA would be doing both. When GOD and R&R declared, Rok was upset about SF splitting from them, so Taut told them that GOD and R&R had declared without consulting him and that they were trying to get in early to avoid having to help Rok.

Then, after the war, there was a discussion in the delegates channel about reviewing treaties. In it, dislike was expressed for two of Rok's treaties, the more problematic of which they wound up canceling anyway, and when pressed on the matter, Kait walked out of the bloc on a spur of the moment decision, despite not planning in doing so at the beginning of the conversation, there being nothing in the conversation that required immediate or even rapid action and the fact that most of the bloc gov, including myself, weren't present and that I got to find out that Rok intended to leave by reading about their withdrawal on the OWF.

Excuse me for being upset to discover how much they actually valued our relationship.

*They did, in fact, a couple months earlier cheer on the idea of SF attacking one of Polar's direct allies (UINE) in a political climate that would have almost certainly resulted in Polar getting rolled by PB

[color="#0000FF"]Well as much as I would hate to break up this happy SF reunion, I'm going to differ from the choir of "burn in hell" and wish you all some more luck. I truly am quite fond of most of the members of the bloc, and have no ill-feelings towards the others.

I am amazed the the amount of hostility towards this group though. While neither DH nor PB was given a warm reception, their criticisms were about how evil they'd be. Other blocs have been greeted with apathy. This may be the first [i]major[/i] bloc that I've seen announce itself and be threatened, however subtlety, and so soon.[/color]

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1308530624' post='2735190']
"See you in Hell"

I have heard this twice now in this thread, don't you think you might be overreacting a tad :huh:
[/quote]

Who says Hell is a bad place? I, myself, would cherish such warm weather and sadistic clamoring.

We'll see you in hell, Ragnarok.[/quote]

I can remember when GOD didn't make punk moves and support b.s. terms too. :)

Of course Ragnarok is still worth something...as for GOD...yes, you are due in hell. Ask for a window seat on the train down.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1308530754' post='2735193']
Fine.
[/quote]

Delta, i wasn't being obtuse, or questioning your truthfullness. I was just saying I didn't remember it.

I was more worried about keeping Valhalla and as many of our allies that i could convince out of the VE/Polar war then i was paying attention to the whys of said war.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1308531393' post='2735210']
Delta, i wasn't being obtuse, or questioning your truthfullness. I was just saying I didn't remember it.

I was more worried about keeping Valhalla and as many of our allies that i could convince out of the VE/Polar war then i was paying attention to the whys of said war.
[/quote]
I know, didn't mean to imply otherwise.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1308531795' post='2735218']
I think the go-to-hells show just how much GOD, CSN and RIA really ever valued their relationship with Rok to begin with.
[/quote]
You're right, you only get this much emotion when someone you cared about gives you the finger and walks out.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1308531795' post='2735218']
I think the go-to-hells show just how much GOD, CSN and RIA really ever valued their relationship with Rok to begin with.
[/quote]

Wasn't aware CSN made any such comment (seriously). Quote? And they gave us a proverbial middle finger on the way out when tempers flared; it's only natural to be upset when a close friend just walks out on you.

Edited by SpacingOutMan