Joint Val/NoR/DT/Asgaard/RoK announcement

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1308507789' post='2734798']
Play nice children. There really isn't any need for conflict between SF and Mj. Though I fear some people won't let old grudges die.
[/quote]

Ah, so you're one of those who would rather that there be no hostility between [b]anyone[/b] (or at least not between your sphere and anyone you can't easily destroy). Note that things would be very uninteresting if your vision for the world came to pass.

[quote name='Mixoux' timestamp='1308510405' post='2734830']
Things would be a hell of a lot more boring around here if there weren't at least [i]some[/i] old grudges.
[/quote]
I don't quite understand the existence of the grudges is more my problem. And its a lot more fun to have old grudges that aren't just one sided.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1308510588' post='2734835']
Ah, so you're one of those who would rather that there be no hostility between [b]anyone[/b] (or at least not between your sphere and anyone you can't easily destroy). Note that things would be very uninteresting if your vision for the world came to pass.
[/quote]
Or people who he likes.. and other people he likes. Thrawn isn't one to wish for no hostility.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1308509264' post='2734816']
The fact that you (general reference to leftists) see yourselves as opposed to NoR for no good reason is outstanding. Get over it. I don't see NoR threatening the "leftists" because you are leftists, unless you have already started it (see the NoR-Symphony thread). Then, it just turns into childish bickering. Don't you get tired of it?

What have they done to inspire such negative feelings from you? I consider Int to be a good group of people, and to see comments like this (and ones from FinnishCommie in ODN) just depress me.
[/quote]
From my experience the majority of leftists no longer care about Nordreich, A few still harbour a grudge while the rest (incl. myself and Craig) genuinely get on well with Nordreich. The history between the two communities (INT is just the latest incarnation of a community that started back in 2006 with the ICSN, whom I am sure you remember) has been long and storied as you well know, there is enough fuel to burn if someone wished to start a fire so to speak for those of us who have fought the Nordreich (& Norden Verein) community in the past.

I for one wish nothing but the best for my former enemies, they have had to suffer their share of misfortune and it is cool to see them not only existing but thriving. As for Leftists (in general reference) never take the comments of a select few to represent the opinions and desires of the entirety of the leftist movement in CN ;)

Edited by Cataduanes

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1308505754' post='2734774']
It's nice to know you think of me as natural opposition. I'll be keeping that in mind.
[/quote]
Delta you will always be by Xiphs side at least that is the perception you have given. GOD is not thrilled with VAL or NoR there for it would only be natural for you to be opposed to us. To assume otherwise would not be prudent. Many GOD members have already made there feelings known in this thread and your ambiguous comments only lead assumptions down one path. Always liked you Delta hell i like Xiphosis and most know that but he cant let the past die so what you do is up to you, but if you follow your pattern with your closest allies it can only lead down one road. As Xiph has always put it, either you with him or against him there is no in between. Tie that in to the last war with DT and CSN it would seem there is some bad blood there as well. Currently we oppose no one but then again if someone wants to make it that way that is there prerogative. Much love Delta my query is always open to the old maroon crew.

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1308508961' post='2734812']
The threats are already pouring out. I speak with absolutely no sarcasm when I say that this is... [i]awesome![/i] I hope to see great events occur as a result of this bloc.

You guys rock. I'm happier than I've been in a long time.

o/ Mjol... um... Mjoln... um... y'all!

-Craig
[/quote]
Craig im going to take that at face value that you see the potential in this bloc and that it is not some type of Commie/NoR tension. I had thought yall moved beyond that.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1308511083' post='2734839']
Welp. This got ugly (and sad) quickly ...
[/quote]
Hoo it is no uglier or sadder than it has been for the last two years.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1308510588' post='2734835']
[/quote]

No, it is just that as a member of maroon and TTK for years I don't want to see old allies destroyed. I respect GOD, RIA and CSN and I like my current allies too. I also don't want to place TTK and CRAP (current allies) in a tough position because there is conflict between Mj and SF.

That said I am by no means a pacifist and certainly do want something exciting to happen, I just would prefer the conflict be one where I can cheer for one side to lose without qualm.

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1308511842' post='2734855']
From my experience the majority of leftists no longer care about Nordreich, A few still harbour a grudge while the rest (incl. myself and Craig) genuinely get on well with Nordreich. The history between the two communities (INT is just the latest incarnation of a community that started back in 2006 with the ICSN, whom I am sure you remember) has been long and storied as you well know, there is enough fuel to burn if someone wished to start a fire so to speak for those of us who have fought the Nordreich (& Norden Verein) community in the past.

I for one wish nothing but the best for my former enemies, they have had to suffer their share of misfortune and it is cool to see them not only existing but thriving. As for Leftists (in general reference) never take the comments of a select few to represent the opinions and desires of the entirety of the leftist movement in CN ;)
[/quote]
When those who speak up speak negatively, it seems to represent all. Thanks for providing your perspective on it Cata, always good for it friend.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1308511919' post='2734856']
Currently we oppose no one but then again if someone wants to make it that way that is there prerogative.
[/quote]
Bud, as much as I like you, you just finished outlining why various members of your bloc, including your own alliance, would consider my allies, and me by extension, to be natural enemies. You may not be actively plotting to kill anyone, but that's not really necessary for opposition, is it?

[quote name='WarLaw' timestamp='1308503670' post='2734757']
whether you realize it or not, when you speak on this board you represent your own alliance...you best be careful what you say on here, you never know what might happen
[/quote]

Off to a wonderful start.

Congratulations on the bloc.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1308512951' post='2734874']
Bud, as much as I like you, you just finished outlining why various members of your bloc, including your own alliance, would consider my allies, and me by extension, to be natural enemies. You may not be actively plotting to kill anyone, but that's not really necessary for opposition, is it?
[/quote]

I would say a certain individual from your camp considered a few from this bloc natural enemies long before anyone from this group did.

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1308513337' post='2734885']
I would say a certain individual from your camp considered a few from this bloc natural enemies long before anyone from this group did.
[/quote]
Since the side of this argument that I'm on has everything to do with what your bloc's current views are and little to nothing to do with why you have them, you aren't exactly undermining my point as much as you probably think you are.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1308513614' post='2734893']
Since the side of this argument that I'm on has everything to do with what your bloc's current views are and little to nothing to do with why you have them, you aren't exactly undermining my point as much as you probably think you are.
[/quote]

I wasn't trying to undermine you, you came here stating we viewed you as natural enemies and I simply stated that your camp was on top of that long before us.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1308512980' post='2734875']
Off to a wonderful start.
[/quote]
Let's harsh on the man who gets upset with unfair comments and not those who make said comments.

Do you guys realize that the people who went around saying winter is coming in A Song of Ice and Fire, the Starks, are nearly wiped out and killed by their enemies. I think it will fit here nicely though.

Edited by Ozymandius

[quote name='Ozymandius' timestamp='1308514695' post='2734914']
Do you guys realize that the people who went around saying winter is coming in A Song of Ice and Fire, the Starks, are nearly wiped out and killed by their enemies. I think it will fit here nicely though.
[/quote]

Do you realize that they are the protagonists of the tale?

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1308509264' post='2734816']
The fact that you (general reference to leftists) see yourselves as opposed to NoR for no good reason is outstanding. Get over it. I don't see NoR threatening the "leftists" because you are leftists, unless you have already started it (see the NoR-Symphony thread). Then, it just turns into childish bickering. Don't you get tired of it?

What have they done to inspire such negative feelings from you? I consider Int to be a good group of people, and to see comments like this (and ones from FinnishCommie in ODN) just depress me.
[/quote]

You completely misinterpret my comments. I'm not really aware of what FC said (and as you mentioned, he and I aren't in the same alliance), but rest assured that I have a pretty good relationship with most of the guys in the 'reich. We have a friendly rivalry, and I think both parties are content with that. I'm going to jab them, they're going to jab me, and we're all going to laugh about it later. If I had to call it something, I'd call it a jolly ol' cold war. Try not to read much more than that into things.

-Craig

Edited by Comrade Craig

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1308511919' post='2734856']
Always liked you Delta hell i like Xiphosis and most know that but he cant let the past die so what you do is up to you, but if you follow your pattern with your closest allies it can only lead down one road.
[/quote]

To be fair, STA has never let our history with Valhalla die, but we're certainly not "coming for you." I've gotten the impression from this thread that your blocmates think SF is planning to do so. I really have no idea if this is true, but I just want to put it out there that there can be a long term, healthy dislike amongst alliances without anyone coming around the mountain to settle the score.

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1308515930' post='2734937']
You completely misinterpret my comments. I'm not really aware of what FC said (and as you mentioned, he and I aren't in the same alliance), but rest assured that I have a pretty good relationship with most of the guys in the 'reich. We have a friendly rivalry, and I think both parties are content with that. I'm going to jab them, they're going to jab me, and we're all going to laugh about it later. If I had to call it something, I'd call it a jolly ol' cold war. Try not to read much more than that into things.

-Craig
[/quote]

Yeah Craig you are spot on, jolly ol' cold war, kinda like that :P

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1308515930' post='2734937']

-Craig
[/quote]
Hella confusing to those of us not in the know :P

Jerks and such.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1308515932' post='2734938']
To be fair, STA has never let our history with Valhalla die, but we're certainly not "coming for you." I've gotten the impression from this thread that your blocmates think SF is planning to do so. I really have no idea if this is true, but I just want to put it out there that there can be a long term, healthy dislike amongst alliances without anyone coming around the mountain to settle the score.
[/quote]

To be fair, I think most people who do not happen to fall on the arbitrary "side" Xiph has constructed in his head, assume that he's "coming for them." I don't think anyone actually believes that means conflict is going to happen, just like no one ascribed to his delusional conception that a PB vs Polar could not happen, or that an MK-TOP treaty was not allowed to come to pass.

That said, I think it is safe to say Xiph will absolutely be fighting MJ... At least in his mind.

[quote name='Ozymandius' timestamp='1308514695' post='2734914']
[/quote]

The weak and the foolish died off you mean, leaving a blind girl who is also a brutal assassin, a brilliant boy who can talk to animals and the !@#$%^& son who commands the most powerful military force in the North. I think you missed the theme of the books. The weak die so the strong will rule.

Edited by Aeros