Declaration of Reexistance

I see the Gremlins situation as similar to a kingdom in which the elder prince left and the throne passed to the younger prince. Yes, the younger prince has legal rights to the throne but they did a poor job ruling the country. Now the elder prince as returned home to clean up the mess left by his younger brother.

Oh, and in response to the person complaining that reborn Gremlins are being hailed and other attempts at reconstituting alliance have been ridiculed, it's because they've done it the right way and most times it's not done well at all.

Edited by Simon De Montfort

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Simon De Montfort' timestamp='1305503497' post='2712462']
I see the Gremlins situation to a kingdom in which the elder prince left and the throne passed to the younger prince. Yes, the younger prince has legal rights to the throne but they did a poor job ruling the country. Now the elder prince as returned home to clean up the mess left by his younger brother.

Oh, and in response to the person complaining that reborn Gremlins are being hailed and other attempts at reconstituting alliance have been ridiculed, it's because they've done it the right way and most times it's not done well at all.
[/quote]
Can you clarify as to what this "right way" is? The way I see it the praise is because of who those people are who are reforming their alliance, and not the act of reforming their old home.

But meh, such talk is derailing the thread. This should be about Grämlins. If you want to talk more about this PM me or find me on IRC.

I am pleased to see the reclamation of a once great alliance, but whether this is going to be a return to greatness or not depends a lot on who you choose to associate with this time around.

I always liked you guys, so I hope you make good choices this time around.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1305502952' post='2712446']
I have reason to suspect suspect hypocracy isn't the word. Or any sort of word for that matter.
[/quote]
I'd be glad to hear that. All that's left is for me to hear how everything fits (or doesn't).

[quote name='tobbogon' timestamp='1305503176' post='2712453']
We actually spoke to Syzygy about this, and he wished us luck. He said Eve takes up too much of his time to help us though.
[/quote]
Intriguing but how telling is it to speak with someone a year+ later as it is to consider the stances taken or espoused during a time prior to trouble arising? I also don't know Syzygy nor ever spoken with him so from this perspective it's also possible they have an emotional draw to this as a matter of personal interest as opposed to what others were doing.

[quote name='LiquidMercury' timestamp='1305503393' post='2712459']
We are The Grämlins of old. Many in this group were here from the beginning, and are the ones often associated with what name "The Grämlins" truly represents. We will continue our policies of old.
[/quote]
Perhaps but that's a vague statement and really doesn't do much in addressing the questions I raised for someone asking them from a position of ignorance such as myself.

Edited by Hyperbad

Syz was a former member/founder.

Hyperbad, you'll come to realize when dealing with us that we've never really been ones to go out and tell everyone what we're doing or explain everything we do. What we do, we do because we feel it is right and in line with our principals. You asked what the older Gre members would feel about this and I'd say this statement, that is from old members, members that were here from the beginning, is truly what we feel. We feel as though our home was destroyed and invaded. An infestation if you will. We are simply taking our home back. Sometimes you can't pass judgement from a single moment and you'll need to simply weigh an alliances measure over time. We will hold to the principals of old, ones of honorable intent, and let our merits and actions dictate the cyberverse' opinion of us. Again I know it's vague, but you're question really comes down to "are you guys going to suck or are you going to be cool?" All of our opinions are going to be biased of course in that we believe we will suck and be overlording tyrants of the world that none have ever seen. If you're interested in finding out who we are, feel free to come chat with us in our channel as that median is a bit more productive.

If you're looking for a specific answer to "what are your principals" go look up our previous codex as that is about the most definitive answer you'll have on the question of "what was Grämlins, what did they stand for?"

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1305503732' post='2712466']
Can you clarify as to what this "right way" is? The way I see it the praise is because of who those people are who are reforming their alliance, and not the act of reforming their old home.

But meh, such talk is derailing the thread. This should be about Grämlins. If you want to talk more about this PM me or find me on IRC.
[/quote]
Two criteria, IMO:
- Is the alliance one worthy of being revived?
- Is there a critical mass of enough members to make it a successful alliance?

The answer to both those questions for Gremlins is yes, unlike for most alliances that are recreated. The fact that it was hijacked by someone like Ramirus and that's why most left just reinforces it.

I have to say this is good to see. It's overdue. I only wish the infestation had never been allowed to happen in the first place.

Gentlemen, regardless of our history, you have a friend in Old Guard.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1305505637' post='2712481']
Two criteria, IMO:
- Is the alliance one worthy of being revived?
- Is there a critical mass of enough members to make it a successful alliance?

The answer to both those questions for Gremlins is yes, unlike for most alliances that are recreated. The fact that it was hijacked by someone like Ramirus and that's why most left just reinforces it.
[/quote]
Look, I'm as happy about their reformation as the next guy, but this "hijacked" thing is silly. Grämlins elected Ramirus, and then he stayed in power because all the people that could have voted him out left.

[quote name='LiquidMercury' timestamp='1305505230' post='2712479']
Syz was a former member/founder.

Hyperbad, you'll come to realize when dealing with us that we've never really been ones to go out and tell everyone what we're doing or explain everything we do. What we do, we do because we feel it is right and in line with our principals. You asked what the older Gre members would feel about this and I'd say this statement, that is from old members, members that were here from the beginning, is truly what we feel. We feel as though our home was destroyed and invaded. An infestation if you will. We are simply taking our home back. Sometimes you can't pass judgement from a single moment and you'll need to simply weigh an alliances measure over time. We will hold to the principals of old, ones of honorable intent, and let our merits and actions dictate the cyberverse' opinion of us. Again I know it's vague, but you're question really comes down to "are you guys going to suck or are you going to be cool?" All of our opinions are going to be biased of course in that we believe we will suck and be overlording tyrants of the world that none have ever seen. If you're interested in finding out who we are, feel free to come chat with us in our channel as that median is a bit more productive.

If you're looking for a specific answer to "what are your principals" go look up our previous codex as that is about the most definitive answer you'll have on the question of "what was Grämlins, what did they stand for?"
[/quote]
I wish to apologize as there's apparently a miscommunication on my part. When I had asked about what the Gramlins of old would feel or think I wasn't refering to the old members per se but the organization a time prior to all of the challenges within the organization up to the present date in time as there generally are shifts in ones perspective over time where even if small might build up or individually be significant despite the number of said changes or how specific they are. That type of difference was also what I was thinking of in my inquiry about the policies of this version of the Gramlins. I suppose you're right though in that time is largely what tells and this venue isn't generally the best to get the sort of answers sought. Perhaps I'll make the inquiries elsewhere - as stated, I haven't been very active here as of late.

I still disagree with the chosen course of action though and think it's ill-advised (even a bit of a dick move) but if it really doesn't go against your collective ideals then there really isn't much more for me to post on.

Hail to The Grämlins, I remember you guys from long ago and I am very happy to see this happen. One of the best alliances of Cyber Nations and hopefully will be the best if not one of the best once again. You have competition in Umbrella. I would like to see how this goes.

Also, people... when referring to The Grämlins, please use the proper spelling. :smug:

So this is nothing more than a coup made by those who leaved Grämlins and let the alliance be destroyed by Ramirus, but now those people are now coming back because they are bored and decided steal the AA for them? I really don't understand how so many alliances are supporting a blatant coup like this one, well I can wonder why...

Edited by D34th

[quote name='Ziperia' timestamp='1305501084' post='2712398']
I hate you driz, you promised to link me when you post this, not when it's 7 pages already >_>
That's said, awasome to see you finally did it, sad I couldn't be a part of that.

o/ Grämlins
o/ Ninjas, I'll always remember you guys!
[/quote]

I was looking for you in the channels , and i didn't see you. :(
Better late then never :P that's why I posted in your embassy.
Gremlins love ya man.

[quote name='pasquali' timestamp='1305505944' post='2712484']
I have to say this is good to see. It's overdue. I only wish the infestation had never been allowed to happen in the first place.

Gentlemen, regardless of our history, you have a friend in Old Guard.
[/quote]
Glad to have your support , It's much appreciated.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1305506182' post='2712487']
Look, I'm as happy about their reformation as the next guy, but this "hijacked" thing is silly. Grämlins elected Ramirus, and then he stayed in power because all the people that could have voted him out left.
[/quote]
It's true that he was elected, but that's because the people who opposed him and/or left did so in a trickle, never having the critical mass at any one time to stop him.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1305507719' post='2712503']
So this is nothing more than a coup made by those who leaved Grämlins and let the alliance be destroyed by Ramirus, but now those people are now coming back because they are bored and decided steal the AA for them? I really don't understand how so many alliances are supporting a blatant coup like this one, well I can wonder why...
[/quote]

Well, then, perhaps your alliance should do something about it.