Declaration of Reexistance

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very ironic. Just the other day (yesterday, in fact), I was viewing the Gramlins AA and thinking, 'jeez, what a terrible shame', went to your /ooc wiki /ooc, read your proud history, and even felt worse, if you could believe that. This makes me happy, truly.

I wish you guys well, good luck to the [i][b]true[/b][/i] Gramlins.

Edited by DevastationStation

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1305511350' post='2712557']
I hope we can all remember that alliances are supporting a coup against a democratic alliance.

[/quote]

I support the couping of Ramirus by almost anyone. I'd rather have Calzone in power than Ram.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1305510599' post='2712535']
So the fact that a bad leader was democratically chosen by Grämlins membership and was slowly destroying the alliance while those who could stop him were leaving like rats abandoning a sinking boat, give the right to those same rats now come back and coup said leader just because he is bad even if they are nothing more than [b]EX[/b]-members? In past Grämlins was an alliance well know by their allies and enemies how one of the most honorable alliances around, so tell me: Where is the honor in this move?
[/quote]

No offense D34th, but remember that time Polaris couped ES? If you dislike alliances who coup leaders (even though ES was not democratically elected, he was the leader of Polaris), then why are you still in Polaris?

In fact, Tyga- an ex-member of Polaris took part in the couping of ES in order to install a new Emperor.

also, En Taro Adun!!

Good luck guys, ya'll really do have an excellent line up and I know you will bring Grämlins back up to their former glory.

[quote name='DevastationStation' timestamp='1305518331' post='2712643']
This is very ironic. Just the other day (yesterday, in fact), I was viewing the Gramlins AA and thinking, 'jeez, what a terrible shame', went to your /ooc wiki /ooc, read your proud history, and even felt worse, if you could believe that. This makes me happy, truly.

I wish you guys well, good luck to the [i][b]true[/b][/i] Gramlins.
[/quote]
It's nice to know we had people thinking about us even when we were practically none existent (under Ram's vision of the gremlins) and all this time.

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1305517208' post='2712634']
Okay, let's say that it is. Why is a coup inherently bad? Moreover, you have argued against this development because of Ramirus being democratically elected. What makes a democratically elected leader [i]inherently[/i] good?

As Azaghul has stated - I believe it was Azaghul - this is more of a revolution than a coup. There is a difference. These Gramlins had a right, if not a duty, to rebel against a government that, while democratically elected, had run the alliance and its attached community into the ground, isolated it in political affairs, and destroyed any semblance of respect it once held. Yes, it is unfortunate that they took quite a while to fulfil this duty to rebel, but sometimes, these things take a while.
[/quote]If you differentiate between a coup and a revolution, I can grant you that, but really, in this world, both terms are one and the same.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1305510960' post='2712543']
Is the leader of NSO really complaining about another alliance being pompous?
[/quote]
If anyone on Bob takes our pomposity seriously then they obviously need to learn how to understand irony and sarcasm.

That said, this is interesting. Good luck to you guys.

Edited by Varianz

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1305521495' post='2712671']
If you differentiate between a coup and a revolution, I can grant you that, but really, in this world, both terms are one and the same.
[/quote]
No, not really. And even if we pretend you're correct for the sake of debate, it still does nothing to invalidate what I just said or the questions I asked of D34th.

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1305522830' post='2712683']
No, not really. [/quote]
Yes really.

[quote]And even if we pretend you're correct for the sake of debate, it still does nothing to invalidate what I just said or the questions I asked of D34th.
[/quote]
If you see my other posts in here, you'll see that I don't disagree with you.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, only did some brief scanning of everything that was posted, but since you are reclaiming the Gramlins AA, do you consider the old treaty with MHA still active or is that something that is gone with the RAMlins when they are disposed of off the AA?

Also best of luck to my friends in The Ninjas in your return home.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1305512701' post='2712584']
Hooray for the people I'm supposed to like! Boo at the people I'm supposed to dislike!
[/quote]
That's the ticket.

@D34th:
Is liking the new Gremlins too mainstream?

[IMG]http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr253/wa9738/hipsterfool.png[/IMG]