Declaration of Reexistance

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1305525396' post='2712710']
Well at least Ram knows where to go to when he's forced off Gre. I doubt many alliances would take him in, rightfully so.
[/quote]

Forced off? Ha. He is going to make Janova unconditionally surrender for this insolence.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1305523024' post='2712686']
Yes really.[/quote]
Okay, I'll point out the difference using Cyberverse examples.

Coup: CDS 2007
Revolution: Gremlins 2011

Done.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1305523024' post='2712686']
If you see my other posts in here, you'll see that I don't disagree with you.
[/quote]
I'd rather not.

What's so bad with the word "coup" that you all need to run away from it like it's got the cooties? If anyone deserves to be overthrown, its Ramirus.

[quote]do you consider the old treaty with MHA still active or is that something that is gone with the RAMlins when they are disposed of off the AA?[/quote]
I believe that treaty was cancelled in the 'paperless' thing, but besides, this is a new alliance, it just happens to have the same name. We are starting with no active treaties.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1305528085' post='2712736']
What's so bad with the word "coup" that you all need to run away from it like it's got the cooties? If anyone deserves to be overthrown, its Ramirus.
[/quote]
Seriously. Own it guys! Most of us don't actually care if you toss Ramirus off the AA. At least, I don't, but then again I am Emperor of the NSO, and we're kind of openly cool with that whole idea.

I'm just slightly annoyed at having to watch people fawn over Gramlins again. That was one thing I had hoped to leave firmly in the past. Oh well, le sigh, shrug.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1305528085' post='2712736']
[/quote]
There's nothing inherently wrong with it at all. It just isn't the most appropriate word to use in this circumstance. And even if it was a coup, you're right, there was damn good reason to execute it.

It appears to me that any thread about Gremlins is doomed to devolve into 100 pages of worthless debate over the definition of words. You all should just ask Ram, he does know more than the average 18 year old punk on the internet!

[quote name='Schmoo' timestamp='1305532570' post='2712752']
It appears to me that any thread about Gremlins is doomed to devolve into 100 pages of worthless debate over the definition of words. You all should just ask Ram, he does know more than the average 18 year old punk on the internet!
[/quote]
I heard that one too, seems some people were just pumping him full of hot air. Terrible business that, glad its over now.

For me it has no importance if this is a coup, a revolution or the miracle of May 16th. I'm happy that Grämlins finished their times in exile, and while I'm sad seeing some of them leaving their new home at TOP, I'm happy to see them turning home.

Send me a post card from the Land of Grämlins!

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1305528895' post='2712745']
Seriously. Own it guys! Most of us don't actually care if you toss Ramirus off the AA. At least, I don't, but then again I am Emperor of the NSO, and we're kind of openly cool with that whole idea.

I'm just slightly annoyed at having to watch people fawn over Gramlins again. That was one thing I had hoped to leave firmly in the past. Oh well, le sigh, shrug.
[/quote]

Thats an odd thing to say for someone in your position. If i was a member of your alliance i wouldnt want my emperor to tell any new alliance how he is annoyed by their existance.

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1305541403' post='2712775']
Thats an odd thing to say for someone in your position. If i was a member of your alliance i wouldnt want my emperor to tell any new alliance how he is annoyed by their existance.
[/quote]

I don't think he's annoyed by your existence, just the collective chubbie everyone seems to have for you.

Also, I refer to every DoE for the past few years. Many leaders have expressed annoyance to them.

Take it easy Francis. I don't know what you expect. You squat on an AA with powerful backing (oh yes, treaty-less, how daring!) and get irritated when someone thinks the high five party is silly?

I'd be clapping along with the rest if you talked Ram down and got him to hand over the keys willingly, maybe it's a pipe dream, but it would seem more... Grämlin-ey?

I don't know, have fun. Don't be too harsh on the people you're kicking out, they might need some time to find a home that your buddies won't jump on.

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1305541403' post='2712775']
[/quote]
I'm not sure if you're trying to threaten me or just lecture me. In any case, I think I've been quite polite. I am simply doing my civic duty to fight the onslaught of monotony and humdrumness in public discourse by providing a dissenting view.

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1305544206' post='2712779']
It's not like people are forced to come in here and REPLY.
[/quote]
Well, your "re-existence" has caused the forum to be littered with tons of completely frivolous and useless "declarations of recognition" so I think in this case it's perfectly fair. I do my best to ignore circlejerks, but when they insist on being so blatant as this, it is difficult to stay silent.

But, you know, congratulations on reclaiming your AA from Ramirus, now that he's inactive and can no longer singlehandedly thwart every one of you. Try to have some fortitude this time.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1305547176' post='2712788']
I'm not sure if you're trying to threaten me or just lecture me. In any case, I think I've been quite polite. I am simply doing my civic duty to fight the onslaught of monotony and humdrumness in public discourse by providing a dissenting view.

Well, your "re-existence" has caused the forum to be littered with tons of completely frivolous and useless "declarations of recognition" so I think in this case it's perfectly fair. I do my best to ignore circlejerks, but when they insist on being so blatant as this, it is difficult to stay silent.

But, you know, congratulations on reclaiming your AA from Ramirus, now that he's inactive and can no longer singlehandedly thwart every one of you. Try to have some fortitude this time.
[/quote]

Some time ago NSO came to me asking why i didn't like them. Please dont ask again.

[quote]I'm not sure if you're trying to threaten me or just lecture me. In any case, I think I've been quite polite. I am simply doing my civic duty to fight the onslaught of monotony and humdrumness in public discourse by providing a dissenting view. [/quote]

I don't like Gre, I don't think I'll like the second Gre (or whichever this is) but if you think "providing a dissenting view" fights the monotony and humdrumness of the OWF in ANY way, you're pretty insane.

Ramirus as the democratically elected leader of the Grämlins proceeded to redefine the alliance and eventually run it into the ground. Pre-reformation it no longer shows up on public lists (less than 20 members) and isn't recognized as an alliance by many alliance charters (less than *arbitrarily* defined number). It fails to represent the alliance that many former Grämlins left, let alone the one that they helped form.

In our community, when decline and mismanagement are so wide spread, we should celebrate nations banding together behind their once great heritage and attempting to restore it to previous heights. Ramirus failed as the Grämlins elected leader, but it seems that even that failure isn't enough to kill the Grämlins.