Declaration of Reexistance

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1305554159' post='2712821']
I agree with you on this. Anyone who has ever had to deal with Ramirus knows that this coup was a good thing. While I do kinda agree with the point that the old guys should have stayed around the alliance and voted him out, I understand why they left. One of the good things that they can take away from their time out of the Gremlins is experience and a view that they otherwise would not have had.

Seriously, for the doubters, this is a good thing for this alliance and really only involves them. The rest of us are just the peanut gallery sitting back and watching.

I imagine d34th will be back to continue. He probably just had some things he needed to take care of.
[/quote]

The point was, the "older guys" just saw what was going to happen while some of the newer members followed Ram because he appeared as the rebell against the establishment at that time (or whatever reason there was, i still dont quite get it).
We were a minority when we decided to go for other alliances. Now that time has proven us to be right and Gremlins are only a shell of its former self, i would say it is justified to come back and retake the name.

Of course it is not uncritical to force your former brothers off an AA, but they all have the possbility to apply and some already did.

Same people, same name, same friends. Its good when all the problems of a democratic alliance are put at the feet of one person. Its neat, tidy and absolves from blame everyone who enabled bad things to happen or did little to stop them.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1305561106' post='2712862']
Same people, same name, same friends. Its good when all the problems of a democratic alliance are put at the feet of one person. Its neat, tidy and absolves from blame everyone who enabled bad things to happen or did little to stop them.
[/quote]

Democrat-ish. Due to weighted votes, you'd be surprised at how easy it could be once a few people spread their wings, for a single person to destroy what took years to build.

[quote name='SpoiL' timestamp='1305556113' post='2712833']
If he was a democratically elected leader, than why wasn't he a democratically ejected leader. The members are as much of a failure as he is. Go ahead and google your own scapegoat image.
[/quote]
Much more complex than that. Once you stop looking at the world as black and white, come back bro. If only life was so simple as you make it sound. :)

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1305547176' post='2712788']
I'm not sure if you're trying to threaten me or just lecture me. In any case, I think I've been quite polite. I am simply doing my civic duty to fight the onslaught of monotony and humdrumness in public discourse by providing a dissenting view.

Well, your "re-existence" has caused the forum to be littered with tons of completely frivolous and useless "declarations of recognition" so I think in this case it's perfectly fair. I do my best to ignore circlejerks, but when they insist on being so blatant as this, it is difficult to stay silent.

But, you know, congratulations on reclaiming your AA from Ramirus, now that he's inactive and can no longer singlehandedly thwart every one of you. Try to have some fortitude this time.
[/quote]

This is my Emperor. :wub:

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1305561306' post='2712863']
Democrat-ish. Due to weighted votes, you'd be surprised at how easy it could be once a few people spread their wings, for a single person to destroy what took years to build.
[/quote]

Some responsibility must go to the people who walked out and the people who didnt resist. Sure, one person or a couple might have corrupted what Gramlins was but if it only took 10% of the alliance the other 90% allowed it to happen or didn’t try hard enough to stop it, as such some what happened is on them.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1305562857' post='2712868']
Some responsibility must go to the people who walked out and the people who didnt resist. Sure, one person or a couple might have corrupted what Gramlins was but if it only took 10% of the alliance the other 90% allowed it to happen or didn’t try hard enough to stop it, as such some what happened is on them.
[/quote]

And those that allowed it to happen, are rectifying that now.

See?

[quote name='DevastationStation' timestamp='1305518331' post='2712643']
This is very ironic. Just the other day (yesterday, in fact), I was viewing the Gramlins AA and thinking, 'jeez, what a terrible shame', went to your /ooc wiki /ooc, read your proud history, and even felt worse, if you could believe that. This makes me happy, truly.

I wish you guys well, good luck to the [i][b]true[/b][/i] Gramlins.
[/quote]
No, this is pretty ironic, just the other day I Was looking at Grämlins stats and thinking "I wonder if they'd be up for a merge?"

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1305528875' post='2712744']
I believe that treaty was cancelled in the 'paperless' thing, but besides, this is a new alliance, it just happens to have the same name. We are starting with no active treaties.
[/quote]
Aren't you afraid that GOONS will raid you?

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1305552810' post='2712806']
OH YEAH PEOPLE SOUND JELLY

BABY I AM HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
I was thinking about your triceps the other day, talk about somebody being jelly.

[quote name='eyriq' timestamp='1305549525' post='2712797']
In our community, when decline and mismanagement are so wide spread, we should celebrate nations banding together behind their once great heritage and attempting to restore it to previous heights. Ramirus failed as the Grämlins elected leader, but it seems that even that failure isn't enough to kill the Grämlins.
[/quote]
I think that besides the coups-are-bad camp, after that the most concern has been directed at how will these guys be handling their business. Grämlins of yore was highly unique for its vocal stances in opposition to a lot of things that were going on, and they also took a lot of crap--the throwdowns between Bilrow and Bob Janova are the stuff of legends. But they were also highly mundane in their practice of signing treaties with everyone regardless of- or in opposition to their own stances.
If the same path is followed by these same men who did it before, then I wouldn't be able to agree that Grämlins under them is any better off than Grämlins under Ramirus. Ramirus' arguments against those practices are in large part what catapulted him to power and then ensconced him there unassailable.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1305554159' post='2712821']
I agree with you on this. Anyone who has ever had to deal with Ramirus knows that this coup was a good thing. While I do kinda agree with the point that the old guys should have stayed around the alliance and voted him out, I understand why they left. One of the good things that they can take away from their time out of the Gremlins is experience and a view that they otherwise would not have had.
[/quote]
It's very easy to have mixed feelings on the means and ends.

Some old guys did try voting him out, but it wasn't that easy when not everyone wanted him gone. Some people threatened to leave, move forward, blah blah blah. Ram wasn't the only reasoning the alliance started to crumble, it was internal tension about numerous things which nothing could be done.

Now, some of you who know nothing can cry, !@#$%*, and moan about the past since you have nothing else to do, but the point is we're still here, we're back, and have learned something. I don't expect ninety-percent of you to grasp this either. :) #Waitingforwittycomebacks ujelly bro?

Edited by Ejayrazz

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1305557705' post='2712840']
I stopped posting one page before that post.

I hate to quote myself but as I said is a waste of time continue to argue about this when majority of the replies that I get are people trying to deny this is a coup, "Might makes right" or "Do something about it" posts.

Just to make it clear: what happened in Polaris was before I join and was a very different type of coup, I'll let people wonder why it was so different, and anyway I never defended it, so I don't see the point of people trying to using that as a argument against me.

I already made my point clear and there is no reason to keep posting here so this is my last post in this thread.
[/quote]

So if I were to rejoin Grämlins and support the new government, I would in fact not be supporting the coup then?

Also, your argument is entirely subjective as is most of the arguments made in this thread. So of course it is a waste of your time and ours to be honest.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1305563991' post='2712875']
Some old guys did try voting him out, but it wasn't that easy when not everyone wanted him gone. Some people threatened to leave, move forward, blah blah blah. Ram wasn't the only reasoning the alliance started to crumble, it was internal tension about numerous things which nothing could be done.

Now, some of you who know nothing can cry, !@#$%*, and moan about the past since you have nothing else to do, but the point is we're still here, we're back, and have learned something. I don't expect ninety-percent of you to grasp this either. :) #Waitingforwittycomebacks ujelly bro?
[/quote]
* Now talking in #Waitingforwittycomebacks

There is no one here, you have duped me, good sir!

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1305564101' post='2712878']
* Now talking in #Waitingforwittycomebacks

There is no one here, you have duped me, good sir!
[/quote]
That was a twitter joke, not IRC. Nice try.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1305564611' post='2712885']
Are twitters like ghettoblasters? You young people and your newfangled thingamajigs.
[/quote]

You should hope they don't pull out the whosawhatsit thingymadoohickey. It's most unpleasant.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1305564611' post='2712885']
Are twitters like ghettoblasters? You young people and your newfangled thingamajigs.[/quote]

It's like blogging for ADD kids who can't think more than a few words to say at one time before getting distracted. Blogging of course is like Angelfire for kids who aren't creative/technically inclined enough to add their own HMTL code.

That's right, get off my lawn.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1305511350' post='2712557']
I hope we can all remember that alliances are supporting a coup against a democratic alliance.
[/quote]
You really need to stop looking at things in such a black and white manner. A coup is not bad just because it is a coup. You have to look at the whole situation. The Grämlins have a leader who has run the alliance into the ground stripped it of any prosperity and destroyed it's reputation. Unfortunately there is only one way to save it and that is by a coup. Extreme situations call for extreme actions and in this case they are justified.

Good luck Grämlins, I hope you can restore your alliance to the one I once respected so much and with the crew you have I am extremely optimistic.

"The Reformation, Reconciliation and [b]Revenge[/b] of The Grämlins Alliance"

This heading should rightly give enemies of the former Gramlins a reason to be very cautious. I wish you the best of luck, though I fear this Gramlins may reach the same fate as its predecessor.