Declaration of Reexistance

Congrats on remaking what was once a glorious alliance. I still don't understand how you guys lost it the first time, though, so I hope you are stronger in this second iteration.

SynthFG, congratulations on the "new" alliance. It was a pleasure warring with you. :)

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1305499331' post='2712378']
Good luck. I truly hope you won't declare war on any RAMlins that don't wish to leave the AA and don't want to apply.

After all, you are technically kind of ghosting their AA, though I doubt anyone will care.
[/quote]
No, it's a coup, by former members, something that is long overdue. If Ram refuses to acknowledge the new leadership, he should be dealt with as they see fit.

If you live out your declaration, as it is stated, you will be most welcome back into a digiterra who desperately needs your leadership. Congratulations on your intent to reconstitute a once proud and powerful alliance. May tech and much aid be with you.

Welcome. Welcome home.

I hate you driz, you promised to link me when you post this, not when it's 7 pages already >_>
That's said, awasome to see you finally did it, sad I couldn't be a part of that.

o/ Grämlins
o/ Ninjas, I'll always remember you guys!

[quote name='Omas Nams' timestamp='1305499882' post='2712388']
Anyone currently on the AA is free to do as they wish. We will only be enforcing our sovereignty after the 7 day period.
[/quote]
How much sovereignty does an alliance have which claims the name of one which has existed for years? I've seen some hopes displayed of a Gramlins with its former glory restored and similar well wishing but I really don't see how this act or even creating a parallel entity in such a manner accomplishes that. If anything it would seem to taint the Gramlin name and image. 'Tis not a good thing but a shame. That isn't to say I doubt there's some sense of enjoyment for you all in acting in this manner - I'm sure many will relish the opportunity to take down the man widely blamed for the down fall of the Gramlins. There's probably better ways though.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1305500070' post='2712391']
No, it's a coup, by former members, something that is long overdue. If Ram refuses to acknowledge the new leadership, he should be dealt with as they see fit.
[/quote]
A coup happens from within. How many of those listed in the DoE had not left but stuck it out until this point? Once more, it is a serious question as with a ponderance of what their position in this version of the Gramlins will be. It will help shape my view as I'm still lacking a definitive position.

Edited by Hyperbad

What you pointed out is more or less how it's going down. We're taking over the AA. I sure am not happy so many people stayed so unreasonably long at Rams side while he was going crazy. We are taking back what is ours, not taking over a foreign entity.

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1305501593' post='2712402']
What you pointed out is more or less how it's going down. We're taking over the AA. I sure am not happy so many people stayed so unreasonably long at Rams side while he was going crazy. We are taking back what is ours, not taking over a foreign entity.
[/quote]
If you left then how is it yours to take back?

[quote]If anything it would seem to taint the Gramlin name and image.[/quote]
Please learn to spell that name correctly before claiming we are tainting it. And if you think that Ramlins had not already tainted the name then I'm not sure what to tell you.

We wanted our home back. We have planted a flag in the ground, rebuilt our house and those who clung to the tattered remains of the old alliance can apply to join the real thing, or move on. It's not a coup, we are just asserting our rights to the AA.

It was a mistake to let Ram run that alliance into the ground, and these folks are rectifying that mistake, their mistake.

As far as I'm concerned it is an internal matter for Gramlins.

I'm throwing my support because of Ram's history, but it is cautious support.

The world is watching you, don't mess it up.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1305501903' post='2712405']
Please learn to spell that name correctly before claiming we are tainting it. And if you think that Ramlins had not already tainted the name then I'm not sure what to tell you.

We wanted our home back. We have planted a flag in the ground, rebuilt our house and those who clung to the tattered remains of the old alliance can apply to join the real thing, or move on. It's not a coup, we are just asserting our rights to the AA.
[/quote]
I can support wanting your own home back, but this is !@#$%^&* when you consider how many people badmouth others who have wanted their own alliances back and have taken efforts to do so, only to have them badmouthed and criticized simply for existing.

That being said, good luck with the Grämlins. As a former member who had long since left before Ramirus came into power, hope you guys can turn the alliance around.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1305501903' post='2712405']
And if you think that Ramlins had not already tainted the name then I'm not sure what to tell you.[/quote]
Whether I think Ramirus has done so himself would appear to be moot. The premise here as I understand it is you're all attempting to set up a different Gramlins organization from that which Ramirus had run, believing him to have caused significant damage to the organization and its image. Could the method chosen in doing this be doing you a disservice. Putting aside the emotional attachment to the issue how does this fit in with Gramlins ethics or do they not touch on anything here? If I'm reading something wrong or from a different philosophical perspective school me in your collective school of thought.

[quote]We wanted our home back. We have planted a flag in the ground, rebuilt our house and those who clung to the tattered remains of the old alliance can apply to join the real thing, or move on.[/quote]
In what way is this version of the Gramlins more real than the one which was already in existence?

[quote]It's not a coup, we are just asserting our rights to the AA.[/quote]
What rights do you all have to the AA when it appears (again, correct me if I'm wrong) you all chose to left instead of collectively enact change?

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1305501917' post='2712408']
It's quite simple. If they win, it is theirs.
[/quote]
Should the losers refuse to concede defeat, what then?

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1305502024' post='2712410']
Why should we apply the principles of morality to those who seek to destroy it?
[/quote]
This is a curious question because it raises others in my mind out of personal ignorance.

How would the Gramlins of old feel about this should they not be involved?

How will this version of the Gramlins' future policy be established or carried out? Is consistency in action be sought or hypocracy the word?

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1305502273' post='2712416']
I can support wanting your own home back, but this is !@#$%^&* when you consider how many people badmouth others who have wanted their own alliances back and have taken efforts to do so, only to have them badmouthed and criticized simply for existing.

That being said, good luck with the Grämlins. As a former member who had long since left before Ramirus came into power, hope you guys can turn the alliance around.
[/quote]
If you're talking about what I think you are, that's because they were revivals of alliances that people didn't like the first time round. Actually I was expecting a bit more badmouthing from people who didn't like 2007-9 Grämlins, when you look at how most revivals are received. And thanks for the well wishes!

[quote name='Hyperbad' timestamp='1305502783' post='2712438']
[/quote]

We actually spoke to Syzygy about this, and he wished us luck. He said another game takes up too much of his time to help us though.

Edited by tobbogon

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1305502922' post='2712445']
If you're talking about what I think you are, that's because they were revivals of alliances that people didn't like the first time round. Actually I was expecting a bit more badmouthing from people who didn't like 2007-9 Grämlins, when you look at how most revivals are received. And thanks for the well wishes!
[/quote]
It just goes to show you how many people don't care about ideals like "wanting your home back" if they didn't like your old home in the first place. Praise gets delivered when some say that line, but criticism and wishes for disbandment and failure on others who do it.

The hypocricy of the whole system is more what I am speaking against, people's perception should be based on the action, not the people behind it.

I look forward to seeing a new face from the Grämlins :) And I may spend some time chilling in your IRC and/or forums too, for old times sake. I was a member in 2007 before rerolling. If anyone can turn Grämlins around its your current line up. Though it would be very ... interesting to see what happens to the "former" members of Grämlins who are still on the AA if they don't leave the AA or apply ...

[quote name='Hyperbad' timestamp='1305502783' post='2712438']
This is a curious question because it raises others in my mind out of personal ignorance.

How will this version of the Gramlins' future policy be established or carried out? Is consistency in action be sought or hypocracy the word?
[/quote]

We are The Grämlins of old. Many in this group were here from the beginning, and are the ones often associated with what name "The Grämlins" truly represents. We will continue our policies of old.