Declaration of Reexistance

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1305566662' post='2712902']
"The Reformation, Reconciliation and [b]Revenge[/b] of The Grämlins Alliance"

This heading should rightly give enemies of the former Gramlins a reason to be very cautious. I wish you the best of luck, though I fear this Gramlins may reach the same fate as its predecessor.
[/quote]
It was an homage to the announcement that reformed Viridia during the UJW.

(you're welcome HA :P )

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the posts saying 'all the members share responsibility': Yes, that's true, although for those of us who tried our hardest to stop the change of direction and failed, it is only a small part. (What can anyone do but their best?) But the fall of the first incarnation mostly showed the mistakes in the structure of the alliance, and the danger of democracy with falling activity (something which was not expected to be an issue when the system was set up). Ramirus couldn't be kicked because he hadn't violated the charter, even though he was clearly a problem long before those of you outside could see the end approaching.

But if we share in the failure of the first alliance, we are doing our part to correct those mistakes with the second.

Regarding 'legitimacy', this is one of the few occasions where 'might makes right' makes some sense. If you can get three times the number of people to wear the AA on your behalf than were prepared to wear it on the other side's, then in a very real sense you have a mandate to own that AA. But I don't consider it a coup, we are not taking over the alliance from within, we are simply asserting control of one of their assets (the right to wear the alliance affiliation). If Ramlins wish to continue on another AA, they are free to do so.

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1305566662' post='2712902']
"The Reformation, Reconciliation and [b]Revenge[/b] of The Grämlins Alliance"

This heading should rightly give enemies of the former Gramlins a reason to be very cautious. I wish you the best of luck, though I fear this Gramlins may reach the same fate as its predecessor.
[/quote]
It's referencing VE's reformation thread.

-Bama

EDIT: Damn you Srqt :P

Edited by BamaBuc

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1305565212' post='2712888']
It's like blogging for ADD kids who can't think more than a few words to say at one time before getting distracted. Blogging of course is like Angelfire for kids who aren't creative/technically inclined enough to add their own HMTL code.

That's right, get off my lawn.
[/quote]
:lol1:, best post in this thread yet.

Love the old flag Gre, seems you have a lot of support.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1305573899' post='2712941']
Somebody get that guy to reroll. Bob would be a better place for it.
[/quote]
This world and how it runs has changed soooooo much. I'm sure he wouldn't know what to do! /end estalk

Edited by Steve Buscemi

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1305573899' post='2712941']
Somebody get that guy to reroll. Bob would be a better place for it.
[/quote]

Indeed. I tried to get him and Steelrat to come back, but they are occupied in another world...

[quote name='alyster' timestamp='1305576324' post='2712970']
I liked your flag with the skull, will you not be using that one anymore?

Also is Ramirus dead or why haven't we heard any counter declaration (leaving aside the BoS gag)
[/quote]
Ram doesn't really do the OWF, he was on IRC earlier. Either way, what's he going to do? Come argue this and win hearts and minds? -_- Right. He can either shuffle off, get attacked in 6 days, or attack first. Hopefully whatever he does all the fanbois let Grämlins handle it; I'd sort of like a Grämlins-Grämlins cage match if it comes to that.

[quote name='SynthFG' timestamp='1305576140' post='2712966']
Lord Sharpe, Boondock, etc
[/quote]

Captain Will, Kogenta, Puritan John, Hanse, Jmm... i could go on and on :/

Edited by HellAngel

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1305576568' post='2712975']
Ram doesn't really do the OWF, he was on IRC earlier. Either way, what's he going to do? Come argue this and win hearts and minds? -_- Right. He can either shuffle off, get attacked in 6 days, or attack first. Hopefully whatever he does all the fanbois let Grämlins handle it; I'd sort of like a Grämlins-Grämlins cage match if it comes to that.
[/quote]

I somehow hope he turns up, but since there's basically nothing to win in here for him i guess he wouldnt take an obvious route if he was really out for revenge. Which i doubt.