Declaration of Reexistance

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1305518833' post='2712649']
I support the couping of Ramirus by almost anyone. I'd rather have Calzone in power than Ram.
[/quote]

I would rather have P_C in charge than Ram.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1305544206' post='2712779']
It's not like people are forced to come in here and REPLY.
[/quote]

Stop lying. You have a katana at my throat right now and you know it!

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1305550554' post='2712802']
Stop lying. You have a katana at my throat right now and you know it!
[/quote]

You're just bitter because you fell for a plastic weapon and gave me all your money. You even offered your mother. I mean, really?

Congrats to the [s]new and improved[/s] Classic Grämlins.

To those of you who found refuge among the drunken Farkers, thanks for all that you did to benefit our AA, and best wishes as you go home again to rebuild.

[img]http://www.farkistan.org/Smileys/farkistan/fark.png[/img]

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1305552491' post='2712805']
You're just bitter because you fell for a plastic weapon and gave me all your money. You even offered your mother. I mean, really?
[/quote]

That wasn't real money. That was GGA money.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1305519998' post='2712658']
No offense D34th, but remember that time Polaris couped ES? If you dislike alliances who coup leaders (even though ES was not democratically elected, he was the leader of Polaris), then why are you still in Polaris?

In fact, Tyga- an ex-member of Polaris took part in the couping of ES in order to install a new Emperor.

also, En Taro Adun!!

Good luck guys, ya'll really do have an excellent line up and I know you will bring Grämlins back up to their former glory.
[/quote]

I love how D34th stopped posting after this post.

I do think it is a sort of coup, but not all coups are bad by default. If there is someone who takes control of a successful alliance and destroys it to the point where it is but a shell of its former self then that is a good reason to take control of that alliance.

[quote name='leprecon' timestamp='1305553854' post='2712817']

I do think it is a sort of coup, but not all coups are bad by default. If there is someone who takes control of a successful alliance and destroys it to the point where it is but a shell of its former self then that is a good reason to take control of that alliance.
[/quote]

I agree with you on this. Anyone who has ever had to deal with Ramirus knows that this coup was a good thing. While I do kinda agree with the point that the old guys should have stayed around the alliance and voted him out, I understand why they left. One of the good things that they can take away from their time out of the Gremlins is experience and a view that they otherwise would not have had.

Seriously, for the doubters, this is a good thing for this alliance and really only involves them. The rest of us are just the peanut gallery sitting back and watching.

I imagine d34th will be back to continue. He probably just had some things he needed to take care of.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1305547176' post='2712788']
I'm not sure if you're trying to threaten me or just lecture me. In any case, I think I've been quite polite. I am simply doing my civic duty to fight the onslaught of monotony and humdrumness in public discourse by providing a dissenting view.

Well, your "re-existence" has caused the forum to be littered with tons of completely frivolous and useless "declarations of recognition" so I think in this case it's perfectly fair. I do my best to ignore circlejerks, but when they insist on being so blatant as this, it is difficult to stay silent.

But, you know, congratulations on reclaiming your AA from Ramirus, now that he's inactive and can no longer singlehandedly thwart every one of you. Try to have some fortitude this time.
[/quote]

Nice to see Heft trying to singlehandedly remove every shred of goodwill NSO had gained from the last war.

Congrats on that.

Heft, Proud Graduate of the Ramirus School of Diplomacy

[quote name='SpoiL' timestamp='1305556113' post='2712833']
If he was a democratically elected leader, than why wasn't he a democratically ejected leader. The members are as much of a failure as he is. Go ahead and google your own scapegoat image.
[/quote]
To democratically eject a leader means to deal with that leader. Now, that leader seems to have annoyed all these people enough to leave the alliance. I understand why they just want restart Grämlins without having to deal with him again.

Edited by Ojiras Ajeridas

This is quite fascinating to see, I have very good feelings about this resurgence and wish Grämlins the best. Looking forward to respect this true incarnation of the alliance as I used to respect the previous one.

Good luck.

If he was a democratically elected leader, than why wasn't he a democratically ejected leader. The members are as much of a failure as he is. Go ahead and google your own scapegoat image.
[/quote]

The irony of an NSO member complaining about undemocratic practices. It's killing me.

How many ex-Gremlins re-joined the AA in the past 48 hours? How many people on the AA currently support Ramirus? It's probably safe to say that the majority of members on the AA don't support him and that's democratic enough for me. There's no need to arse around and put on some ridiculous democratic charade which everyone already knows the result to before it even ends. This is a very straight forward situation but for some reason you have a problem with it and feel the need to e-lawyer their charter. Why?

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='leprecon' timestamp='1305553854' post='2712817']
[/quote]

I stopped posting one page before that post.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1305513596' post='2712593']
In fact I'm losing my time arguing here, since I speak about what is right and wrong and what is fair and unfair when nobody in this world care about justice or fairness.
[/quote]

I hate to quote myself but as I said is a waste of time continue to argue about this when majority of the replies that I get are people trying to deny this is a coup, "Might makes right" or "Do something about it" posts.

Just to make it clear: what happened in Polaris was before I join and was a very different type of coup, I'll let people wonder why it was so different, and anyway I never defended it, so I don't see the point of people trying to using that as a argument against me.

I already made my point clear and there is no reason to keep posting here so this is my last post in this thread.

Edited by D34th

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1305557571' post='2712839']
The irony of an NSO member complaining about undemocratic practices. It's killing me.
[/quote]

What the hell are you talking about

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1305557705' post='2712840']
I stopped posting one page before that post.

I hate to quote myself but as I said is a waste of time continue to argue about this when majority of the replies that I get are people trying to deny this is a coup, "Might makes right" or "Do something about it" posts.

Just to make it clear: what happened in Polaris was before I join and was a very different type of coup, I'll let people wonder why it was so different, and anyway I never defended it, so I don't see the point of people trying to using that as a argument against me.

I already made my point clear and there is no reason to keep posting here so this is my last post in this thread.
[/quote]

I agree, it's a coup. It's also a perfectly acceptable coup. Why should these ex-gremlins (some of them ex govt) not be allowed to take back what was once their home from the man who helped to destroy it?

I haven't actually heard any solid arguments against this. I've only seen some folks declaring that it's a coup and coups are bad. Poorly planned, amateur coups tend to be bad ideas because, believe it or not, running an alliance is not an easy task. It takes an enormous amount of energy and engagement.

This was not that. This is a well planned coup by a group of long time nation leaders and experienced alliance leaders... a group that any one of us would be lucky to have amongst our memberships. It did not happen because OMG SO UNFAIR WE NO LIKE OUR LEADER. It happened because Gramlins is an alliance which deserves to be brought back to it's glory, rather than languishing about as a husk of its former self. To dismiss this as merely a cookie cutter coup, not so uncommon in this world, is quite a bit of a misconception.

I like Ramirus. I've had numerous conversations with him, and he's interesting and fun to discuss things with. There is no denying, however, that he made the wrong choices with Gramlins and utterly destroyed the alliance.

Best of luck, guys. I don't think you'll need much of it, but you deserve it, nonetheless. Counted amongst you are several folks I hold in the highest regard, and I really hope this works out well for you.

Edited by pezstar

I guess it was inevitable for people to start going into nonsense about legitimacy, but I guess I didn't expect everyone to still be so bitter after all this time. More than a couple even expressed frustration with people "fawning" over Gremlins again. Jesus Christ, jealous much?

Welcome back, old buddies. It was weird without you.

Edited by mrcalkin

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1305558513' post='2712844']
I haven't actually heard any solid arguments against this. I've only seen some folks declaring that it's a coup and coups are bad. Poorly planned, amateur coups tend to be bad ideas because, believe it or not, running an alliance is not an easy task. It takes an enormous amount of energy and engagement.

This was not that. This is a well planned coup by a group of long time nation leaders and experienced alliance leaders... a group that any one of us would be lucky to have amongst our memberships. It did not happen because OMG SO UNFAIR WE NO LIKE OUR LEADER. It happened because Gramlins is an alliance which deserves to be brought back to it's glory, rather than languishing about as a husk of its former self. To dismiss this as merely a cookie cutter coup, not so uncommon in this world, is quite a bit of a misconception.

I like Ramirus. I've had numerous conversations with him, and he's interesting and fun to discuss things with. There is no denying, however, that he made the wrong choices with Gramlins and utterly destroyed the alliance.

Best of luck, guys. I don't think you'll need much of it, but you deserve it, nonetheless. Counted amongst you are several folks I hold in the highest regard, and I really hope this works out well for you.
[/quote]

I would've used this many words, but it's the afternoon and I just woke up. :P

[/quote]

you do know that just because someone is elected doesnt mean the alliance is a democracy right? :P

a corrupt leader with enough followers can put road block after road block in the way of people trying to change the alliance for the better, which is what happened here from what I've gathered

eventually if those road blocks get in the way too much, many will go under ground and wait for the opportune moment to take back what's theirs by force, rather than by a corrupt democracy

[OOC think of Iran/Egypt/Libya/North Korea ;) ]