Declaration of Reexistance

The alliance had 9 members the last time i checked, of which about 5 said they were completely inactive (in the process of joining us). So yeah, that wasnt much of an election i guess..

Edited by HellAngel

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1305613976' post='2713529']
All the talk of Ramirus made me think of the poor Filipino Heroes who joined Gre, they all ended up fighting to the last then deleting mostly...very sad :(
[/quote]

Yeah, it is sad. When Ramirus was demanding war with IRON/DAWN, it was mostly the Filipino Heroes who were losing everything, and he didn't care. Shortly after his nation was on the chopping block, he agreed to peace.

That's why I think he won't fight over the coup. If he fights, he loses, and he knows it. He was all in favor of "war forever" until his nation was involved.

[quote name='Baldr' timestamp='1305779556' post='2714748']
Yeah, it is sad. When Ramirus was demanding war with IRON/DAWN, it was mostly the Filipino Heroes who were losing everything, and he didn't care. Shortly after his nation was on the chopping block, he agreed to peace.

That's why I think he won't fight over the coup. If he fights, he loses, and he knows it. He was all in favor of "war forever" until his nation was involved.
[/quote]
Yeah sounds about right, I was pretty close to the FH's. The FH leader, Bathala, and I conversed regularly, I even tried to persuade him and other FH members to abandon Gre when the war against IRON/DAWN was clearly leading them to destruction...but they refused out of loyalty to Gre/the AA (rather than Ram):(

Edited by Cataduanes

I am a little late posting to this. However, I do want to say, if this is indeed true, and the originators are back and plan to bring the respect back to this great alliance then I o/ this decision.

[quote name='Baldr' timestamp='1305779556' post='2714748']

[/quote]
Ramirus never actually did agree to peace, as I recall, so....

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1305783898' post='2714790']
Yeah sounds about right, I was pretty close to the FH's. The FH leader, Bathala, and I conversed regularly, I even tried to persuade him and other FH members to abandon Gre when the war against IRON/DAWN was clearly leading them to destruction...but they refused out of loyalty to Gre/the AA (rather than Ram):(
[/quote]

I recall Ram lying to the FH members or at least allowing the perpetuation of misinformation. Several of the FH guys thought that we had attacked Grämlins and had no idea that it was an extension of the war.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1305641090' post='2713629']
Who determines what rights they do and don't have?
[/quote]
Turning your back on your alliance means you give up any say in what happens to that alliance. They have no rights there because when they left they were saying they dont want anything to do with the alliance or how its run. The comments of former Gramlins here confirm this. They say they tried everything then decided to give up and leave.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1305757627' post='2714562']
Also, Grämlins absolutely was founded on democracy, and was a representative democracy for most of its history (as the new one is).
[/quote]

Ghosting the AA as you and your co-conspirators are doing doesnt mean you have a say in the Gramlins democratic process. You are not signed up members, most of you didnt want to stay signed up so you gave up your citizenship. Only the real Gramlins can give it back to you. The day of the viceroy has returned. A leader is being put in charge of Gramlins by 3rd parties (most likely MK)

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Artigo' timestamp='1305787602' post='2714830']
I recall Ram lying to the FH members or at least allowing the perpetuation of misinformation. Several of the FH guys thought that we had attacked Grämlins and had no idea that it was an extension of the war.
[/quote]
Yeah no doubt, very tragic to see the FH sink in such a fashion.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1305800084' post='2714859']
Turning your back on your alliance means you give up any say in what happens to that alliance. They have no rights there because when they left they were saying they dont want anything to do with the alliance or how its run. The comments of former Gramlins here confirm this. They say they tried everything then decided to give up and leave.

Ghosting the AA as you and your co-conspirators are doing doesnt mean you have a say in the Gramlins democratic process. You are not signed up members, most of you didnt want to stay signed up so you gave up your citizenship. Only the real Gramlins can give it back to you. The day of the viceroy has returned. A leader is being put in charge of Gramlins by 3rd parties (most likely MK)
[/quote]

I think i just fell in love with you. Do you want to work for us? I have some things planned...

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1305803788' post='2714873']
I think i just fell in love with you. Do you want to work for us? I have some things planned...
[/quote]

I doubt that's what MK had in mind. Maybe you should ask them.

[/quote]

What real Grämlins? the shell of inactive nations and no government? Grämlins was a culture of people with a common interest and goal. What is there to do once you exhaust every legal avenue but to leave? you stand there and call us ghosts and co-conspirators. Rams response once he found out was pretty much "lol take it", is this a response a "Real Grämlin" would say?

Why in gods name would MK want to set this all up months in advance, take the effort to talk to alliances just to move some nations a AA that is not even remotely affiliated with them. I believe only 1 nation moved over from the MK AA.

Take your damn tin foil hat off!

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1305812778' post='2714907']
What real Grämlins? the shell of inactive nations and no government? Grämlins was a culture of people with a common interest and goal. What is there to do once you exhaust every legal avenue but to leave? you stand there and call us ghosts and co-conspirators. Rams response once he found out was pretty much "lol take it", is this a response a "Real Grämlin" would say?

Why in gods name would MK want to set this all up months in advance, take the effort to talk to alliances just to move some nations a AA that is not even remotely affiliated with them. I believe only 1 nation moved over from the MK AA.

Take your damn tin foil hat off!
[/quote]

and people call you the nutkase :P

alright puns aside...we all know that if anyone would have been the puppeteer it'd have been Fark :awesome:

Edited by Lurunin

[/quote]

I think your looking at this from a rather skewed point of view, an alliance like a nation is defined not by legislation or political process, it exists because it is defined by a shared culture, language, norms and values. The political process exists only to protect the culture, principles and or norms and values of that community. Where it fails to do so those who claim true to everything that alliance has come to embody have a duty to stand up in the face of arbitrary rule in order to protect said community. In the case of Gramlins I only wish those who have now stepped forward to save a once quite excellent alliance had done so a lot sooner.

Nevertheless I wish you all the best in reclaiming the name of a once great alliance from the idiot who dragged it into the muck.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1305496159' post='2712348']
This is rich coming from an alliance that bandwagoned in on the unwarranted curbstomping of Pacifica, and especially coming from you. I'm sorry, but wow.
[/quote]

Sorry to be late in replying, but the matter you bring up has been 'talked to death' and I see no particular reason to continue doing that when there are far more interesting topics.

As to the second part, I neither know nor care what you think you know about me. In case you haven't figured it out yet, a HoT post is automatically deserving of maximum derision. You are an ill-informed clown, always have been and always will be. I lobbied fairly hard for you in the WPE competition, and I see that in retrospect I was proven correct. Again.

Toodles.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1305827657' post='2715018']
tl,dr

[img]http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowldc/files/original/Pot-calling-the-kettle-black-734818.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
What?

I'm sure you can find a good many people that will call Zog a good many things, but I don't think most would consider him a horrible poster. He is consistently comprehensible and quite often right.