An apology to a friend

HeroofTime55

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't even aware anything had happened to Moo. Get well soon man and good on you HoT for stepping up to the plate to give a public mea culpa.

Won't say much as as others before me have hit on all the proper points.

As an ESL teacher, currently squatting in Coastal China and hoping to heck that the Japanese reactor doesn't explode and spew radiation all over me, I'm quite enthused by the non-Engirshee speaking portion of our community. I've watched Fok with amusement for quite sometime. I find NEW interesting as well.

No real sense is making fun of someone's written English unless you can demonstrate native proficiency in a second language yourself. Even then it is a bit tasteless to heckle a non-native speaker.

Heckle the contents of the message and not the way the message is written.

Anyhow, off point ramble over.

Get well soon Moo.

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1300343622' post='2667340']
You just never know. It's quite a simple thing to avoid doing. You can express your opinions without taking shots at people.
[/quote]

You will be wandering the wastes and perhaps pass on to the great beyond thirsty. For the oasis you seek, does not exist in this realm.

edit: had to correct a typo, lest someone tear my throat out for it.

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

[quote name='TrotskysRevenge' timestamp='1300344513' post='2667370']
Why so srs? :P

It is cler to me he didnt kno; Ive not knon him to insult peple.

Its al gud aftr you smugle in piza and gud milkshaks. :P
[/quote]

hell yeah pizza and milkshakes

so how are you doing moo?

Haven't talked to you in a while, you still in the inpatient rehab center?

Also, are you enjoying the jello?

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1300389352' post='2667992']
D34th's first language isn't English? I didn't even notice...

What, if I may ask, [i]is[/i] your first language?
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I recall him saying it was Portuguese, but I may be incorrect.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1300391091' post='2668027']
I'm pretty sure I recall him saying it was Portuguese, but I may be incorrect.
[/quote]

I think so too, Brazilian Portuguese at that. I remember because I'm the same :ph34r:

[quote name='TrotskysRevenge' timestamp='1300344513' post='2667370']
Why so srs? :P

It is cler to me he didnt kno; Ive not knon him to insult peple.

Its al gud aftr you smugle in piza and gud milkshaks. :P
[/quote]

You have a big heart, Moo. :wub:

Good luck with everything, stay strong man.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1300345669' post='2667422']
Alls well that ends well.

As a sidenote, MVP and d34th, I wouldnt have known English was your 2nd language if you hadn't announced it in threads before. You guys are very good at English and I think it's time you dropped blaming it as being a 2nd language as an excuse :P because most native speakers still can't use it all that well.
[/quote]

Surely you would have noticed English is not my first language either? If not then I must try harder :P

Also it takes a better man to apologise for being a total !@#$% bag, well done HoT.

I agree with most of the said. English native speakers often don't understand how difficult it is to learn and speak a foreign language because English is spoken everywhere. Discussing and with that presenting arguments in a foreign language is even more difficult. I hope that in the future people refrain from mocking others because of their errors. Rather mock them because of the content :)

Good luck Moo!

I'm somewhat skeptical of all the people saying they didn't realize D34th wasn't a native English speaker, he does make a very good effort but sometimes his syntax is really hilarious. [size="1"](don't hurt me D34th I love you![/size]) :P

Definitely better than my Portuguese though!

I suppose I don't count since I moved to an English speaking country at a pretty young age, but English isn't my first language either. Go figure. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif[/img]

[quote name='Chickenzilla' timestamp='1300412658' post='2668579']
HoT. That was !@#$@#$ low of you.
[/quote]It was ignorant, but no harm was intended. Hence my quick apology when I realized what happened, one which Moo has been so gracious to accept. This is a matter between me and Moo, a man who I consider a good friend.

But real classy of you (And a small handful of others in this thread, you know who you are) to take your pot-shots over this incident.