An apology to a friend

HeroofTime55

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300417258' post='2668658']
It was ignorant, but no harm was intended. Hence my quick apology when I realized what happened, one which Moo has been so gracious to accept. This is a matter between me and Moo, a man who I consider a good friend.

But real classy of you (And a small handful of others in this thread, you know who you are) to take your pot-shots over this incident.
[/quote]
I don't give a $%&@ about you. (You're some dude I met in some war right?) But really its !@#$@#$ common knowledge, and it happened to a good friend of mine in rl. So $%&@ you and $%&@ off.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1300431376' post='2668869']
Moo forgave him and you're only making a show of an already resolved issue. Not sure what you're trying to prove but now it's you making an ass of yourself.
[/quote]
I didn't read that. However if the point is proven, I apologize to HoT. However, thanks for thinking looking out for moo and people who have had damage like that is proving something.

[quote name='Chickenzilla' timestamp='1300432381' post='2668883']
I didn't read that. However if the point is proven, I apologize to HoT. However, thanks for thinking looking out for moo and people who have had damage like that is proving something.
[/quote]

It's on the first page, yo.

HoT is Moo's friend as well you know.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300417258' post='2668658']
This is a matter between me and Moo,
[/quote]
And yet you make a thread about it.

You have a habit of posting before thinking to try and seem funny or smart, on this occasion you've unwittingly crossed the OOC line and it's come back to bite you on the arse. Fortunately it seems you've been forgiven; I'd like to think this would provoke you to embrace a more thoughtful and respectful way of posting but looking at some of you posts since that clearly isn't happening. If you don't offend someone like this again in the future it'll be through luck rather than consideration.

[quote name='bros2' timestamp='1300420486' post='2668715']
rehab places have hot nurses

same with inpatient places at hospitals.
[/quote]
Per Moo the rehab center hes currently at does indeed have hot nurses, the previous place did not and that made for a very unhappy cow

Blaming your own ignorance of a situation for how you treat people is a cop out. You always have and always will treat people like crap and make personal insults.You had a short break and came back claiming you learned your lesson...

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1300374263' post='2667723']
I wasn't even aware anything had happened to Moo. Get well soon man and good on you HoT for stepping up to the plate to give a public mea culpa.

Won't say much as as others before me have hit on all the proper points.

As an ESL teacher, currently squatting in Coastal China and hoping to heck that the Japanese reactor doesn't explode and spew radiation all over me, I'm quite enthused by the non-Engirshee speaking portion of our community. I've watched Fok with amusement for quite sometime. I find NEW interesting as well.

No real sense is making fun of someone's written English unless you can demonstrate native proficiency in a second language yourself. Even then it is a bit tasteless to heckle a non-native speaker.

Heckle the contents of the message and not the way the message is written.

Anyhow, off point ramble over.

Get well soon Moo.
[/quote]

Can I just check what ESL means - I only know it as English Sign Language?

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1300404892' post='2668430']
I'm somewhat skeptical of all the people saying they didn't realize D34th wasn't a native English speaker, he does make a very good effort but sometimes his syntax is really hilarious. [size="1"](don't hurt me D34th I love you![/size]) :P

Definitely better than my Portuguese though!
[/quote]
I agree. D34th is pretty hard to mistake for a native speaker and not the first person I would have thought of as a model ESL poster. Lebubu, potato and Cortath (or maybe it's Branimir that I'm thinking of) are all far better.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1300444769' post='2668966']
Blaming your own ignorance of a situation for how you treat people is a cop out. You always have and always will treat people like crap and make personal insults.You had a short break and came back claiming you learned your lesson...
[/quote]
I never claimed that I would play a different character. I said that I would respect the rules, and I have.

If you can't differentiate between the character I play in IC areas of this forum, and me as an actual human being, then you have a real problem. Stop taking the !@#$ I say on IC forums personally. We are all people here, we are all humans, and we should all respect each other on those grounds, and leave petty IC squabbles over a goddamn game where they belong, in the game.

I know I crossed a line, and I am not saying that ignorance was an excuse, it merely demonstrates that I did not have malicious motive, which is what he was implying.

For those questioning why this is public, you need to sit down and think for a second, because that is a rather stupid question.

[quote name='Comrade Trotsky' timestamp='1300481525' post='2669346']
Eh, at the risk of sounding stupid, is Moo TrotskysRevenge?
[/quote]
yes, and it's a legit question, all Pacifican emperors besides Moldavi have had a nickname, Cortath is Chuckles for example.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1300482047' post='2669350']
yes, and it's a legit question, all Pacifican emperors besides Moldavi have had a nickname, Cortath is Chuckles for example.
[/quote]

Ah I see. There can only be one Trotsky, anyways :P

Also, why doesn't Ivan have a nickname? I bet he feels all left out :(

Edited by Comrade Trotsky

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1300482047' post='2669350']
[/quote]

Ah **** yeah. I'm still eyeing your ****ing avatar and sig. If you get rid it of it for Boxxy I'm going to kill you (Not really though).

I too wonder why this in public and why I'm agreeing with Alterego...

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1300482296' post='2669354']
Ah **** yeah. I'm still eyeing your ****ing avatar and sig. If you get rid it of it for Boxxy I'm going to kill you (Not really though).

I too wonder why this in public and why I'm agreeing with Alterego...
[/quote]
I am glad you like it, that's the point after all.
[quote name='Comrade Trotsky' timestamp='1300482173' post='2669352']
Ah I see. There can only be one Trotsky, anyways :P

Also, why doesn't Ivan have a nickname? I bet he feels all left out :(
[/quote]
Ivan Moldavi needs no nickname.

Edited by Mogar