An apology to a friend

HeroofTime55

Well, I feel like the biggest !@#$@#$ !@#$% on the planet right now.

I was entirely unaware of what had occurred to you. My posts, once the context became revealed to me, were beyond rude, far beyond what is at all acceptable behavior towards any human being.

I thought it was a mere struggle against technology. I shouldn't have assumed without looking around first.

I feel absolutely terrible and horrified at what I have said.

I offer my sincere and most heartfelt apologies to you, and my sincere wishes that you recover from your situation.

There's not much else I can say. It was beyond wrong, I am truly sorry.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making fun of D34th too? I understand he's hard to understand so is NEW and some others including myself because guess what? English [i]isn't[/i] our first language and although you may find it hilarious at some of the comments we make the simple fact as we know another language that you don't. I found that to be very ignorant as well honestly since it hit a little closer to home but continue on as you were.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1300342742' post='2667306']
Making fun of D34th too? I understand he's hard to understand so is NEW and some others including myself because guess what? English [i]isn't[/i] our first language and although you may find it hilarious at some of the comments we make the simple fact as we know another language that you don't. I found that to be very ignorant as well honestly since it hit a little closer to home but continue on as you were.
[/quote]
Not often I agree, but completely agree here.

Seriously, I think if people had a lick of common sense, they would give their peers a bit of leeway when they post in a public area, this one in particular. This is not exactly a place for fine literature and after our own late hours come there's not a one of us that is not subject to the "typo demons" catching hold of our digits and putting them on the wrong key. I call for a little more civility in our conversation. Not everyone has a doctorate in English here.

It will avoid costly mistakes such as these. Asking for a clarification is one thing.. berating over grammar or eloquence is another.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300342544' post='2667300']
Well, I feel like the biggest !@#$@#$ !@#$% on the planet right now.
[/quote]

Just now? :laugh:

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1300342742' post='2667306']
[/quote]

I really have no problems with people making fun of my english, that is in fact horrible, but see the guy who made himself look like the biggest fool ever in the VE-NpO surrender thread because he failed to understand the plain english of a surrender clause who everyone, including me, understood making fun of my english is at least laughable.

Edited by D34th

First of all, I honestly didn't notice anything poor about your English skills, D34th. I think you're just being self conscious.

As for HoT. You know what you can learn from this? Actually, not just you. WE CAN ALL LEARN FROM THIS.

Quit sarcastically insulting people in general!

You just never know. It's quite a simple thing to avoid doing. You can express your opinions without taking shots at people.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1300343226' post='2667324']
Just now? :laugh:

I really have no problems with people making fun of my english, that is in fact horrible, but see the guy who made himself look like the biggest fool ever in the VE-NpO surrender thread because he failed to understand the plain english of a surrender clause who everyone, including me, understood making fun of my english is at least laughable.
[/quote]
First of all, lets separate RP from IRL here.

Second, I wish I could speak another language half as good as you speak English. Try not to take it personally if I find humor in the occasional novel word arrangement you come up with. You're in a much better position than I.

There's a bunch of things I want to say to a bunch of people, but can't really get them off on account of being rather upset with myself. At least responded to D34th because I felt it was relevant.

Thank you Moo for being far more forgiving and understanding than you needed to be. I wish you nothing but the best in your recovery.

With that, I'm definitely calling it a night.

Alls well that ends well.

As a sidenote, MVP and d34th, I wouldnt have known English was your 2nd language if you hadn't announced it in threads before. You guys are very good at English and I think it's time you dropped blaming it as being a 2nd language as an excuse :P because most native speakers still can't use it all that well.

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAGGGG

Man even i get embarrassed when i read some of HoT's posts.

That said not everyone knows or has to know about some things (like moo's posting) and i generally see no reason why this has to be brought up even more when people can simply use the PM system and solve this privately. Meh, that's just me though.