A Joint Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom and the Viridian Entente

Leet Guy

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1320767075' post='2841661']
wait, are MK/VE trying to go back in time, because the amount of spinning they are doing is warping spacetime
[/quote]

What spinning? Our stated goal from this thread was always to get Tetris peace, which we did.

[quote name='GoddessOfLinn' timestamp='1320776876' post='2841744']
NSO had said they was free to leave! So yes it is a litte difficult to understand!

Good then he got it as he wanted! and they rest of us got to see VE for what it is!
[/quote]

Is it really that hard to understand that Tetris would not want to leave the field of battle without their ally?

And yes, you got to see us help our ally get peace, congrats?

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1320785657' post='2841805']
So why not just threaten NSO for their obstinate refusal to admit defeat? Why threaten war against the Legion for acting on a just casus belli?
[/quote]

They both held up peace, the terms are irrelevant as stated in the OP.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1320798914' post='2841914']
On that note, why threaten NSO for assisting their Mutual Defense ally?

EDIT: That refers more to Legion's handling of the peace deal than VE and MK's desire to end the war... don't take it out of context.
[/quote]

Because NSO was one of the main culprits in keeping this war going on for so long, along with Legion.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1320776990' post='2841745']
I'm curious to know why it took so long for VE to actually care about Tetris' well being.

I mean were you even in the peace talks?
[/quote]

I don't know if you missed my qustion but can someone answer please.

I'm pretty sure it's been answered by some VE person, but essentially, they agreed that Tetris screwed up and the initial CB was fair, but they didn't want to release Tetris to an unlimited beatdown for it. Thus, when they thought it was getting that way, they stepped in. Personally, I think they did it in a ham-fisted way that wasn't very sensible, but that's the reasoning as someone from VE explained it somewhere.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1320855859' post='2842207']
Is it really that hard to understand that Tetris would not want to leave the field of battle without their ally?[/quote]

Yes, when Tetris was told by the involved AA that they could leave then yes. Besides everybody could see that it was 'Game Over' for Tetris. It was not like any one could say that they was cowards running to save their infra. They had done their best, but lost! No shame in that.
Tetris keept itself in the war, because of misguided loyalty. If an allied keep your own alliance in war for nothing but their own pride and you yourself has taken damage be on our ability to fight, help or draw enemy fire in any meaningfull way then is is ok to exit a war. Especially when your allieds dont mind and you have already made up your mind to accept the terms of your foe.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1320855859' post='2842207']
And yes, you got to see us help our ally get peace, congrats?[/quote]

Yes, and you did it with the grace of an elephant in a glass-knickknacks-shop! Congrats?

Edited by GoddessOfLinn

[quote name='GoddessOfLinn' timestamp='1320872453' post='2842328']
Yes, when Tetris was told by the involved AA that they could leave then yes. Besides everybody could see that it was 'Game Over' for Tetris. It was not like any one could say that they was cowards running to save their infra. They had done their best, but lost! No shame in that.
Tetris keept itself in the war, because of misguided loyalty. If an allied keep your own alliance in war for nothing but their own pride and you yourself has taken damage be on our ability to fight, help or draw enemy fire in any meaningfull way then is is ok to exit a war. Especially when your allieds dont mind and you have already made up your mind to accept the terms of your foe.

Yes, and you did it with the grace of an elephant in a glass-knickknacks-shop! Congrats?
[/quote]

VE can't dictate to Tetris how it decides to leave a war, that is up to them and it was our duty to help them as an ally. Whether it would have not been cowardly for them to leave is irrelevant to us as an ally.

I understand you're angry that bigger alliances got involved, but you should just accept your victory and move on.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1320839576' post='2842127']
You only fought for 2 weeks. Most people who fought NPO were fighting about a dozen alliances and for far longer than 2 weeks. Your attempt to suggest you might have fought a better war than fan is a joke. They lost 1m NS in the first night because of old nuke rules and fought on against serious opposition numbers and ns. Then they fought on for 2 more years. Ive no idea how the WotC is still called nocb when MK is the real alliance of nocb wars with this attempt to attack Legion for no genuine reason being the latest attempt.[/quote]
If I recall correctly we were fighting 5-6 alliances, but the alliance count doesn't really matter, what matters is the total strength difference of all of them put together. NPO alone was many times our size, and we were hopelessly outnumbered. Most of us also declared 3 wars so we had 6 wars going at time, and did as much damage as we took, which is more than any of NPO's other opponents during that period of their dominance can say. Did we fight on as long as others? No. But we were expecting to and went all in anyway.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1320808730' post='2841980']
I can not believe your all still debating this, MK/VE was clearly just going for Legion to get to NpO and your all still debating that ?, VE does not care about Tetris (proven by the lack of support Tetris was given until MK came in to play) and MK is a joke of an alliance who would never be able to stand up on their own vs someone their size, and you all called them the new hope, of what I might ask because they have done nothing to be hopeful about, most people would rather the old NPO back then those bunch of fools.

MK/VE lack the balls to admit the truth so they will spin and spin, and sure they will quote or ignore my post and complain about how poor my posting is, but one thing is for sure poor posting or not the truth remains the same, MK has no blueballs and VE does not care about tetris.

now we can all just move along.
[/quote]

If MK and VE were just trying to hit Legion then why wasn't this topic a DoW on Legion? It was pretty obvious they wanted peace and they got it. Which is why everyone, when this topic began, saying "omg Legion is going to get the worst of this!" was absolutely retarded.

Tetris keept itself in the war, because of misguided loyalty. If an allied keep your own alliance in war for nothing but their own pride and you yourself has taken damage be on our ability to fight, help or draw enemy fire in any meaningfull way then is is ok to exit a war. Especially when your allieds dont mind and you have already made up your mind to accept the terms of your foe.[/quote]

Well actually, NSO had told us multiple times that if we wanted to exit the war with the offer we had that they'd be completely okay with that. Considering how many people were telling us to do just that, it's not like we'd have taken a PR hit from it either. We chose to stay in on our own accord and giving NSO any of the blame for that is unfair.

[quote]
[/quote]

I really don't think this made anybody who didn't already dislike VE and MK dislike VE and MK.

[ooc]Besides, Mythbusters did a thing on the "bull in a china shop" myth and the bull was actually really careful not to break anything, even when they made it run around and stuff inside of the pen which had relatively little space.[ooc]

Edited by Hereno

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1320885612' post='2842427']
So if I'm reading this correctly: VE threatens a global war so Tetris can avoid abandoning an ally to the horrible fate of admitting defeat.
[/quote]

Try this on for size - Two alliances with two separate agendas came together and the end result was one of those alliances got the result they wished for. Go hate VE in another thread because this isn't the correct one to do it in.

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1320890725' post='2842487']
Try this on for size - Two alliances with two separate agendas came together and the end result was one of those alliances got the result they wished for. Go hate VE in another thread because this isn't the correct one to do it in.
[/quote]

That doesn't make sense. VE is just irrational.

[spoiler] sarcasm [/spoiler]

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1320872836' post='2842333']
VE can't dictate to Tetris how it decides to leave a war, that is up to them and it was our duty to help them as an ally. Whether it would have not been cowardly for them to leave is irrelevant to us as an ally.

I understand you're angry that bigger alliances got involved, but you should just accept your victory and move on.
[/quote]

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1320889949' post='2842468']
Well actually, NSO had told us multiple times that if we wanted to exit the war with the offer we had that they'd be completely okay with that. Considering how many people were telling us to do just that, it's not like we'd have taken a PR hit from it either. We chose to stay in on our own accord and giving NSO any of the blame for that is unfair.

I really don't think this made anybody who didn't already dislike VE and MK dislike VE and MK.

[ooc]Besides, Mythbusters did a thing on the "bull in a china shop" myth and the bull was actually really careful not to break anything, even when they made it run around and stuff inside of the pen which had relatively little space.[ooc]
[/quote]

Yes, when Tetris was told by the involved AA that they could leave then yes. [b]Besides everybody could see that it was 'Game Over' for Tetris. It was not like any one could say that they was cowards running to save their infra. They had done their best, but lost! No shame in that. [/b]
Tetris keept itself in the war, because of misguided loyalty. If an allied keep your own alliance in war for nothing but their own pride and you yourself has taken damage be on our ability to fight, help or draw enemy fire in any meaningfull way then is is ok to exit a war. [b]Especially when your allieds dont mind and you have already made up your mind to accept the terms of your foe.
[/b]

[/quote]

Please also read the Bold parts ;) If you do the following should be clear.

1. No one could think that Tetris was cowards had they left the battlefield without NSO.
2. The only one that keept Tetris on the Battlefield was Tetris itself!

WC, I am not angry, I just dont belive that you only did this to save Tetris, If it had only been for Tetris then what did you need MK for? Why make thoose ill choosen threats about hitting both NSO & Legion when every one could see that the only one you could do any real damage to was Legion. Not to talk about that stuff about 'saving' us all from bad posts on the owf :wacko: Also we only have to deal with the fact that that a bigger alliance got involved, we dont have to accept it.

[OOC]I said elephant ;) [OOC]

Edited by GoddessOfLinn

[quote name='GoddessOfLinn' timestamp='1320961233' post='2842867']
Please also read the Bold parts ;) If you do the following should be clear.

1. No one could think that Tetris was cowards had they left the battlefield without NSO.
2. The only one that keept Tetris on the Battlefield was Tetris itself!

WC, I am not angry, I just dont belive that you only did this to save Tetris, If it had only been for Tetris then what did you need MK for? Why make thoose ill choosen threats about hitting both NSO & Legion when every one could see that the only one you could do any real damage to was Legion. Not to talk about that stuff about 'saving' us all from bad posts on the owf :wacko: Also we only have to deal with the fact that that a bigger alliance got involved, we dont have to accept it.

[OOC]I said elephant ;) [OOC]
[/quote]

MK offered to be a part of this and we accepted. Their reasons are their own and unimportant to us as we knew our goal going in, and we achieved it. If we wanted to roll Legion we would have done it from the beginning, I don't see why that's so hard to grasp.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1320882131' post='2842400']
If I recall correctly we were fighting 5-6 alliances, but the alliance count doesn't really matter, what matters is the total strength difference of all of them put together. NPO alone was many times our size, and we were hopelessly outnumbered. Most of us also declared 3 wars so we had 6 wars going at time, and did as much damage as we took, which is more than any of NPO's other opponents during that period of their dominance can say. Did we fight on as long as others? No. But we were expecting to and went all in anyway.
[/quote]
NPO alone took more damage from MK than MK took from all alliances. That's not even counting the damage taken by VE, TORN and whoever else MK fought.

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1321155158' post='2843990']
NPO alone took more damage from MK than MK took from all alliances. That's not even counting the damage taken by VE, TORN and whoever else MK fought.
[/quote]
The days where SDIs were uncommon~

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1320428350' post='2838495']
Surprisingly, I agree Schatt. The GOONies seem to be reaching for some sort of ulterior motive that simply isn't there. I want peace in our time, and I don't want to have to listen to sixty pages of garbage to get there.
[/quote]

So dont listen.