A Joint Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom and the Viridian Entente

Leet Guy

[quote name='Buzz Lightyear' timestamp='1320691991' post='2841198']
so whyd you agree then? This is the era of legion standing up for itself right?
[/quote]

Because you stand up for yourself, you dont become stupid! If we could have inflicted a high level of damage to VE or MK then my [b]GUESS[/b] is that we would have taken the fight (Heavens know that a great deal of legion wanted to). But after a month of war, that did not (to me atleast) look like a possibility.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Buzz Lightyear' timestamp='1320691991' post='2841198']
so whyd you agree then? This is the era of legion standing up for itself right?
[/quote]

Oh, we stood up for ourselves, alright. MK/VE were irrelevant to the peace process, as it was going to be concluded soon with or without outside interference. We're no NPO and NSO is no FAN, and you can't force an alliance to admit defeat if they're stubborn enough. Besides, admission of defeat wasn't really the point, the point was to war until we we felt the transgressions against us were righted.

So in the end, all the main combatants got the best out of the situation. I think Tetris gained some respect for the way they handled themselves during the war and punishing their own errant members. NSO took to the field and fought doggedly. We had our beef, we hashed it out on the battlefield, and so now it is time to let the past be the past and work on a new era of understanding with the NSO & Co.

Flipping the bird to MK/VE simply out of pride might have been satisfying for some, but if the end result included involving our allies in a war that we had, by most rights, already won, or, at the least, been further engaged by two fresh alliances, we would have been victims of our own hubris. And that is unacceptable.

Frankly, I think they just saw an opportunity and took advantage of it, with the side bonus of claiming assistance to their allies/friends. Since they haven't felt the need to escalate the situation now that peace has been found, however, I will take their word on their good intentions and leave it at that.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1320695526' post='2841211']Frankly, I think they just saw an opportunity and took advantage of it, with the side bonus of claiming assistance to their allies/friends. Since they haven't felt the need to escalate the situation now that peace has been found, however, I will take their word on their good intentions and leave it at that.
[/quote]

Just a little inside baseball - A lot of Viridians at the start of this war were upset with Tetris and were very clear with them that they deserved to get smacked around a bit, but at the same time we did not want it to get out of hand. The war had gone on long enough and whether we were correct to intervene or not, the intent was to end this war now.

I take no issue with those who slam us for engaging in cowboy politics. Whether I agree or not, those arguments have validity and being in a position of power does afford us to be active in ways that others only dream of. But no one should question the original intent which was to help our friends in Tetris. As stated earlier, I'm happy they are done with this and hope they get back on their feet soon.

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1320698025' post='2841230']
Just a little inside baseball - A lot of Viridians at the start of this war were upset with Tetris and were very clear with them that they deserved to get smacked around a bit, but at the same time we did not want it to get out of hand. The war had gone on long enough and whether we were correct to intervene or not, the intent was to end this war now.

I take no issue with those who slam us for engaging in cowboy politics. Whether I agree or not, those arguments have validity and being in a position of power does afford us to be active in ways that others only dream of. But no one should question the original intent which was to help our friends in Tetris. As stated earlier, I'm happy they are done with this and hope they get back on their feet soon.
[/quote]

If the intent really was what was was stated then your gov. had a very strange way to go about it! They made threats to the Legion (who had already had their peace offer accepted by Tetris) and to the only Tetris allied still fighting. Not to talk about the fact that both Legion and NSO was not in anyway keeping Tetris in the war. On top of this the threats against NSO was at best naive since very little damage could be done to NSO at the time of the threats. The fact that the Threats looked like it was target'ed on Legion naturally made atleast some of us in legion a 'alittle' skeptical regarding your intentions.
But in the spirite of the peace we made with Tetris, I will agree with and say as Kzoppitan:

[quote]Frankly, I think they just saw an opportunity and took advantage of it, with the side bonus of claiming assistance to their allies/friends. Since they haven't felt the need to escalate the situation now that peace has been found, however, I will take their word on their good intentions and leave it at that.[/quote]

Edited by GoddessOfLinn

[quote name='GoddessOfLinn' timestamp='1320691701' post='2841197']
You mean you forced Legion to give NSO the white peace that they wanted. What you did was not in any way balanced! It was not noble and it was not necessary in order for Tetris to get peace.

But I am sure that you know this. I see/saw this as an attempt to escalate the conflict in order to roll our friends.
[/quote]

If we wanted to roll you or your friends we would have went it when the war started or just right away instead of giving you 72 hours.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1320711824' post='2841351']
If we wanted to roll you or your friends we would have went it when the war started or just right away instead of giving you 72 hours.
[/quote]
You deffinently wouldnt...first off you were looking after your PR which honestly this hurt...second attacking Legion and NSO wouldnt mean just attacking them two it would mean attacking their allies

[quote name='GoddessOfLinn' timestamp='1320695346' post='2841209'](Heavens know that a great deal of legion wanted to). But after a month of war, that did not (to me atleast) look like a possibility.[/quote]

Then I wish you a speedy recovery, and look forward to when The Legion is ready to go.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1320719010' post='2841411']
You deffinently wouldnt...first off you were looking after your PR which honestly this hurt...second attacking Legion and NSO wouldnt mean just attacking them two it would mean attacking their allies
[/quote]

If we wanted PR, why would we have made this announcement? Our only goal was to achieve peace for our ally in Tetris, the rest is irrelevant.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1320719010' post='2841411']
[/quote]

Been there, done that. Legion's allies would never be an issue. You just can't accept that your vision isn't the one held by anyone else.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1320727344' post='2841481']
And we all know how much MK is grateful for that every time I wake up and start posting on OWF again.
[/quote]

In that case, apologies. I was operating under the assumption that what you (Seerow) said was canon (sp?), not speculation.

Edited by Lincongrad

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1320723541' post='2841449']
If we wanted PR, why would we have made this announcement? Our only goal was to achieve peace for our ally in Tetris, the rest is irrelevant.
[/quote]

In that case it was done in a lets just say clumsy way. All you should have done was to ask, and you would have been told that Tetris was free to leave the field at its own convenience. It would have spared you a lot of bad PR, and keept you out of our hair.

[quote name='GoddessOfLinn' timestamp='1320735474' post='2841531']
In that case it was done in a lets just say clumsy way. All you should have done was to ask, and you would have been told that Tetris was free to leave the field at its own convenience. It would have spared you a lot of bad PR, and keept you out of our hair.
[/quote]

You act as if this was not blatantly obvious to everyone. Tetris would not leave the field of battle without its ally, why is that so hard to understand?

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1320758528' post='2841602']
You act as if this was not blatantly obvious to everyone. Tetris would not leave the field of battle without its ally, why is that so hard to understand?
[/quote]

NSO had said they was free to leave! So yes it is a litte difficult to understand!

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1320765254' post='2841643']
Anyone who knows Impero understands he doesn't give a rip about PR. He only cares about results.
[/quote]

Good then he got it as he wanted! and they rest of us got to see VE for what it is!

Edited by GoddessOfLinn