A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1300341376' post='2667227']
Nobody is fighting? NPO is fighting 364 wars. The fact is that DH is upset because they failed to destroy NPO's upper/middle tiers who are in peace mode due own DH's incompetence and DH is afraid of look like stupids when the war finish and NPO speedily rebuild themselves.
[/quote]
Scuffling a bunch of unfunded sub-20k nations is not a war. If NPO has no intention of coming out of peace mode that means all those nations will eventually grind into nothingness, with no support. Then all that will be left will be inconsequential nations, and nations in peace mode. Where NPO goes from there is anyone's guess. But I submit that actually fighting a war is better than eternity in peace mode.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' timestamp='1300340728' post='2667191']
I'm sure you'd squeal just as obnoxiously if we were asking traditional pecuniary reparations. I'd have thought as prolific a writer as Schattenmann would jump at the opportunity to put his pen to good use.
[/quote]

Yes, I would complain. The correct way to end a war, any war, is white peace.

I don't really get the point of this since we already knew you wanted NPO to come out before terms but okay then.

I also thought the end was really, really lame and I have no idea what any of those things have to do with you wanting us to come out of peace mode.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1300341638' post='2667241']
You do realize a good majority of NPO's upper tier was in peace mode before Doomhouse + FAN declared on them, correct?
[/quote]

Last I checked 70(Over the entire alliance) wasn't a good majority.

I'll also echo Schattenmann here.

Edited by Gandroff

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300341554' post='2667235']
My good friend, have you had oral surgery recently? Please, just a friendly request to take the gauze out of your mouth.

:ph34r:
[/quote]

Please, show some class. This is pretty damn disrespectful.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1300341743' post='2667252']
Scuffling a bunch of unfunded sub-20k nations is not a war. If NPO has no intention of coming out of peace mode that means all those nations will eventually grind into nothingness, with no support. Then all that will be left will be inconsequential nations, and nations in peace mode. Where NPO goes from there is anyone's guess. But I submit that actually fighting a war is better than eternity in peace mode.
[/quote]
You realize that as war carries on, top end nations that enter the war will become the lower tier. In a war like this if you sent your middle tier in, 6-7 weeks later, they will become the upper tier. This far into a war, saying x amount of "upper tier" nations means nothing.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300341878' post='2667264']
I know that English isn't your first language, and all things considered you do speak it well, but I couldn't help but chuckle at this.

I feel like a total !@#$%^& for chewing at the writing of my own damn side, but it's just too much. My sincere apologies. To both you and Moo, the latter of whom I assume is communicating via a new device where his hooves just can't seem to hit the right letters.
[/quote]
You're the Devil, sent to tempt me to break my own vows against forced disbandment and EZI.

I shall resist.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1300341638' post='2667241']
You do realize a good majority of NPO's upper tier was in peace mode before Doomhouse + FAN declared on them, correct?
[/quote]

As I said: incompetence, it's only DH fault to make the preemptive strike so predictable.

As your master Archon once upon a time said about TOP attack against C&G:

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1264740549' post='2138703']
Also, your opsec sucks.
[/quote]

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1300341819' post='2667259']
Please, show some class. This is pretty damn disrespectful.
[/quote]I was hoping it wouldn't come across as such.

[ooc]I am unaware of why his words are as they are, but I'm working on the assumption he is struggling with an iTouch or something. Please correct me if I am mistaken, I fear O may be out of the loop on this one.[/ooc]

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1300341040' post='2667205']
NPO threatened, within the first couple of days of war, to PZI or EZI every individual nation who was in peace mode for any reason. We are saying we won't give the [i]alliance[/i] peace till they stop systematically using peace mode as a way to avoid fighting entirely as they've been doing for over a month now.

Not comparable at all. Even then the intention, to keep people from using peace mode as a way to avoid war entirely, was fine then and it's fine now.

[b]You realize that that concept of "bank nations" who don't fight at all is at least 3 years outdated, right?[/b]
[/quote]

Many Alliances still use that strategy because it is good sense to have strong nations to help in rebuilding the weak. So, is it really "outdated"? Or, is it "outdated" because it does not allow you the opportunity to attack the larger nations, which will hinder the rebuilding process. I mean, let's be honest here.

I know that English isn't your first language, and all things considered you do speak it well, but I couldn't help but chuckle at this.

I feel like a total !@#$%^& for chewing at the writing of my own damn side, but it's just too much. My sincere apologies. To both you and Moo, the latter of whom I assume is communicating via a new device where his hooves just can't seem to hit the right letters.
[/quote]

Great to see you making a complete and total ass of yourself.

I think reps should be having HoT as an ally permanently. It's pretty damn Draconian but anything more may be much, just oh too much.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1300341388' post='2667228']
We will fight until they come out, period.

No one ever said that Karma would be the end of NPO ever having to fight a war again. For most people this war isn't about Karma.
[/quote]

I hope that you are sorely disappointed then.

Your word isn't worth anything to Pacifica at this point. Karma was largely believed to be the war which paid the hegemony back for their tyranny, and it served it's purpose. You managed to keep the hegemonic lords locked in reparation payments for over a year and now that they have rebuilt and failed to issue an apology you have decided to strike them.

If after one month of fighting, DH feels although they have not done enough damage to Pacifica, you will only continue to destroy them or impose reps again. It seems like an asinine thing to do for Pacifica to leave pm to suit your desires when there is no guarantee that your month of war is enough to end this.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1300341759' post='2667253']
Yes, I would complain. The correct way to end a war, any war, is white peace.
[/quote]
It's completely natural for the victor to want to have something to show for their victory, and this is an effort to move away from lengthy and economically damaging terms to something a bit more lighthearted, and certainly less time-consuming. The fact that you're complaining about something that damages nothing but Schattenmann's over-inflated ego astounds me.

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1300341912' post='2667266']
You realize that as war carries on, top end nations that enter the war will become the lower tier. In a war like this if you sent your middle tier in, 6-7 weeks later, they will become the upper tier. This far into a war, saying x amount of "upper tier" nations means nothing.
[/quote]
I didn't say anything about upper tier, I was comparing unsupported nations currently engaged in full war versus nations avoiding the war in peace mode.

If it's really the Hopeless Coalition's plan to come out of peace mode and do whatever it is you said, I'd like to see it. So far, their awesome "strategy" seems to be "stay in peace mode, forever." Maybe they're hoping we'll get tired and grant them white peace for being such poor sports.

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1300341040' post='2667205']
NPO threatened, within the first couple of days of war, to PZI or EZI every individual nation who was in peace mode for any reason. We are saying we won't give the [i]alliance[/i] peace till they stop systematically using peace mode as a way to avoid fighting entirely as they've been doing for over a month now.

Not comparable at all. Even then the intention, to keep people from using peace mode as a way to avoid war entirely, was fine then and it's fine now.

[/quote]
So you'd also advocate the justness in holding an alliance in perma war if they do not comply with sending nations out of peacemode?

[quote name='Minilla Island' timestamp='1300342035' post='2667273']
Many Alliances still use that strategy because it is good sense to have strong nations to help in rebuilding the weak. So, is it really "outdated"? Or, is it "outdated" because it does not allow you the opportunity to attack the larger nations, which will hinder the rebuilding process. I mean, let's be honest here.
[/quote]
It is in fact actually outdated.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1300340860' post='2667196']
NPO's top 60 are not all banks. If they are, an overly generous banking policy is no excuse to dodge war.

I believe we've been very explicit about what happens about after they emerge from peace mode, a notable distinction between the attempts by Pacifica to deal with the problem in the past. NPO knows the exact schedule and terms it will face upon emergence. They could probably calculate accurate predictions of damage they can incur and damage they'll take in the period.
[/quote]
Have they actually refused the term? That's what is confusing to me about this announcement. Most of the concerns I've seen about coming out have to do more with whether or not you can be trusted to actually stick by what you say (declaring because "everyone must die" has a tendency to make people not trust you very much).

If you want them to come out, then some guarantees and assurances will have to be made.

[quote name='montypython' timestamp='1300340962' post='2667202']
I think it's quite clear that I never stated that my feelings were hurt, you clearly misunderstood my statements. Provocation is quite clearly defined, but to what extent your actions constitute provocation is clearly perceived incorrectly by the vast majority of Pacificans.
[/quote]
No, you're incorrect! (seriously, that's about as much of a response as I can get out of this since you didn't really say anything....)

[/quote]

You sir are a moron. Educate yourself on what happened then come back and apologize.