A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1300337217' post='2667044']
You appear to be writing in English, so how come I don't have the slightest idea what you're saying?
[/quote]
[url=http://www.rosettastone.com/learn-english]Can you not read?[/url]

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300337436' post='2667052']
And they say Pacifica's words are thin?

I hardly know how to begin responding to this thread. To the "fair methods" of reducing $500,000,000 in extortion funds from the noble Cult of Justitia via the writing of a 5 act Shakespearean play? To the laughable idea of an "end to crippling reps" by the primary parties who first brought them to this world? To the overall arrogance of the post, or the veiled threats, or perhaps even the hint of desperation to end this war while accusing our coalition of being the ones who grow weary? Or is it the feigned sense of superiority and diplomacy that so rapidly breaks down as this comedy progresses, when you fail to resist reverting to using petty insults, as you mind deludes you to believe you are still giving some sort of grand speech?

I just don't know what to say, to this hilarious, ironic, and blind assessment of the war.
[/quote]
psst here's a retort: its only wrong when NPO does it. I doubt they'll understand though. oh that and its all NPO's fault, that has been working well for a few years now.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1300337511' post='2667061']
That's an invalid tactic and no peace will be granted so long as it is pursued. Had it not been utilized, this war would likely be ending very shortly with the same simple surrender offered to NPO at the end of the war we continue to demand.
[/quote]

I think I've been lied to more in this one topic more than perhaps the entire rest of the year. This war started with very strong rhetoric from DH. Everything.Must.Die and so on. There was talk of huge reps, and even forced disbandment of NPO. Now all of a sudden it was only meant to be a short war and was meant to end in white peace? Give me a break!

[quote name='Free Quebec' timestamp='1300337853' post='2667077']
It would be first time NPO ever fought war for itself.
I think they lose.
[/quote]
I see your join date and will give you a pass on this one.

But you incorrect. The Orders have fought many wars on their own.

For DH to attack NPO without a valid CB then complain that they didnt get destroyed as planned is hilarious.
o/ Doomhouse for the epic feeding tube into GOONS
o/ NPO For seeing a sneak attack coming and protecting so many nations so quickly

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1300337695' post='2667069']
The difference is we can keep this up, our top tier is sitting in war mode, getting their full collections, while your top tier is sitting in peace mode, having their collections stunted and leaving your lower tiers out to fend for themselves.

You've heard our terms, they are more than reasonable.
[/quote]

If you could be trusted, sure. What reason do you have to be trusted at this point?

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1300337920' post='2667080']
People smack talk, and like to smack talk. You used to do it all the time, whether you believe it to be so or not. Both sides do it all the time, so I fail to see why you are so offended by it.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Not offended, just concerned. It is worrying when people start believing their own lies. Rather than watching them spiral into delusion, being the model citizen I am, I try to pull them out of their fantasy world and back into reality. I may not always succeed, but at the very least I try to help.[/color]

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300338011' post='2667085']

[/quote]

excluding the time period from "The Initiative - The Continuum". Yeah not that big of a deal tbh.

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1300337015' post='2667037']
I don't think they're valid. I know they're valid. Hence we're acting on them.
[/quote]

Opinions. You've got them. Just because YOU say it may [u]not[/u] be valid doesn't mean it's the truth. Not much you can really do about it though.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300338011' post='2667085']

[/quote]

I see your alliance, but give you no pass.
let's see the terrible NPO warriors come out of peace and fight like you say they can.

They made great work of ODN one on one, yes?

[quote name='Mofeta' timestamp='1300337900' post='2667079']
How the hell were you ever in charge of planning wars? :psyduck:
[/quote]
I see I hit the mark. You can't respond to my point so you launch an attack.

You believe that just because certain actions are expected that those end results justify your initial move. That is incorrect. You can't claim to be on the weaker side when the fact is that you weren't by any statistical measurement when the declaration came.

Whether I am aware of the logistics involved in planning a war or not is immaterial and not relevant to my point (or the point you attempted to make and failed).

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1300337599' post='2667064']
Ok first off, what does "a simple peace" mean? 0 reps or terms?[/quote]

"Simple surrender" is a term I've been using as opposed to "white peace" to describe terms where one party surrenders to another, and that's it.

[quote]Second you state a majority of nations, does that mean 51%? does it mean 90%?[/quote]

If Pacifica would like a hard figure they are free to ask. They did not persist on that subject in our short meeting last night. I believe they need to decide whether they favor the general principle before we hammer out details.

[quote]Third. You even state "give or take a few days".[/quote]

The end of every war is a difficult endeavor where peace agreements for a whole front are often held up by complications between one or two parties. I expect that some ally of Pacifica will resist peace and, in an effort to stand alongside those who have fought to defend them, the Order will wish to reserve a few more days of war in order to resolve such complications. That will ultimately be up to them, however. After one month they may have peace whenever they desire it.

[quote]Here is the thing. You are essentially saying you're willing to conduct an endless war that you aggressively started if NPO and probably Legion don't meet your terms, terms you didn't outline in any quantitative way.

<VektorZero> How about our allies. Can we expect the same terms for them?
<Ardus[MK]> Legion at the very least.
<Ardus[MK]> Peace term wise

Then you add in your cute little thing about anyone who speaks badly of these terms, more punishment will be given?
[/quote]

I don't recall ever saying those who speak ill of the terms will be punished. What I do know is that certain individuals with Pacifica's ear are spinning false predictions and misrepresenting the simple statements we've made to them. Even if they hesitate on our offer now, they will acquiesce in time when they realize that we're being forthright and honest.

And yes, Legion will also face demands that they leave peace mode, though I have not yet met with them about peace. They have not come to us, as far as I'm aware.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1300337534' post='2667063']
Your going to see a lot of rage quits from GOONS in the near future. Pacifica as well however we have seen their ability to rebuild and it's much better then GOONS imo.
[/quote]

Good thing your opinion is completely detached from the reality of the situation. FYI, Doomhouse had been moving literally a billion dongs to GOONS every round and we can keep this up for months.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1300338114' post='2667090']
No, those are not the terms.
[/quote]

Yeah, I reread and realized I was totally wrong. Was still too lazy to go back and change it though. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/awesome.gif[/img]

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1300338127' post='2667092']
excluding the time period from "The Initiative - The Continuum". Yeah not that big of a deal tbh.
[/quote]
Very true, because you were such a key player back then, right?

I never said it was a "big deal" I pointed out the error of your young comrades statement.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1300337974' post='2667083']
What happens if NPO rejects this? Eternal war? Terrible reps?
[/quote]

Well we sure aren't planning on surrendering to [i]them.[/i]

[quote name='Free Quebec' timestamp='1300338161' post='2667095']
I see your alliance, but give you no pass.
let's see the terrible NPO warriors come out of peace and fight like you say they can.

They made great work of ODN one on one, yes?
[/quote]
My giving you a pass was a courtesy. You were wrong in your comment. You are still incorrect now.

You simply making some smartassed remark will not change the error of your position.

The NPO has fought wars on its own. That is a fact. You stated otherwise. Therefore you are wrong.

See how that works?

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300338169' post='2667097']
I see I hit the mark. You can't respond to my point so you launch an attack.
[/quote]

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300338309' post='2667104']
Very true, because you were such a key player back then, right?
[/quote]

Is this a serious thing?

Am I really reading this?