A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1300338616' post='2667119']
The terms for the Cult of Justitia are $400-500,000,000; or, a 5-act, 20-scene Shakespearean play "about GOONS and VE somehow, without painting either of us in a negative light" plus some amount of reps smaller than $500,000,000; or, a "50 page legal research paper defending [Schattenmann's] exact opposite opinion on the citizens united ruling" plus an amount of reps smaller than $500 million.
[/quote]
You are so slimy I should up your rep amount every time you lie about them. I see how you omit facts and try to confuse the issue. We were literally talking about this tonight so you can't possibly be so dense as to the think the citizens united term was anything more than an offhand joke, and you keep trying to spin the terms to be worse than they are. These are your offers:
[quote]
(graded play)

400m base amount, % taken off of amount based on a grade given to them for the play (grades run from 0% to 100%). The play is 20 scenes over 4-5 acts. The minimum lines per scene would be 40 (non repeating, coherent) lines. The play's subject must involve GOONS and VE, in a not-entirely-negative light, and it should be done in Shakespearean style. The play may be submitted twice, to improve the grade.

(ungraded play)
Same requirements as above only with no grade portion and a flat 100m paid to GOONS, one submission unless it is deemed insufficient.
[/quote]
So can you please stop lying now, please?

Also in no way does a scene have to cover a page.

Edited by Sardonic

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1300337534' post='2667063']
[b]You're[/b] going to see a lot of rage quits from GOONS in the near future. Pacifica as well however we have seen their ability to rebuild and it's much better then GOONS imo.
[/quote]

I'm about ragequit right now this is ridiculous I can not sustain my nation and glory under these inhumane conditions screw you guys seriously [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/10ye889.jpg[/IMG] [color="#FF0000"][size="5"][b][u]my nation is dying[/u][/b][/size][/color] [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/10ye889.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1300340113' post='2667167']
Not a single NPO nation in its top 61 is in war mode (Bakunin appears to have made a brave strike into the fray. Kudos to him.) That is 4.2 million NS, not even continuing to the vast numbers hiding just below. MK's individuals are scattered about and inevitably emerge.

The numbers of concern are not of population but strength.
[/quote]
And the rationalization hamster runs wild

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1300340113' post='2667167']
Not a single NPO nation in its top 61 is in war mode (Bakunin appears to have made a brave strike into the fray. Kudos to him.) That is 4.2 million NS, not even continuing to the vast numbers hiding just below. MK's individuals are scattered about and inevitably emerge.

The numbers of concern are not of population but strength.
[/quote]
Thank you for your answer.

Gee, is that not what the ol' Emperor Revenge told GATO way back when? You know, either come out of Hippy or stay there forever? Gee, it seems like we have the ol' Hegemony back, only a different taste.

Second point, those nations that are in hippy are usually banking nations. Those are the guys who help rebuild after a war. it has long been accepted strategy for banking nations to drop into hippy for the duration of the war. :et's be real here, you have zero intentions of letting NPO rebuild. Why not just admit that and spare us the hyperbole?

[quote name='Sithis' timestamp='1300339898' post='2667162']
It's even more hilarious that you're accusing DH of tooting our own horn whilst defending CoJ, an alliance full of horn-tooters.
[/quote]

At least for those seeking truth CoJ helps them see through it [b]not you[/b], can't step in their pants can't walk in their shoes bet everything you're worth you lose your tie and your shirt.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1300340351' post='2667177']
You are so slimy I should up your rep amount every time you lie about them. I see how you omit facts and try to confuse the issue. We were literally talking about this tonight so you can't possibly be so dense as to the think the citizens united term was anything more than an offhand joke, and you keep trying to spin the terms to be worse than they are. These are your offers:

[quote](graded play)

400m base amount, % taken off of amount based on a grade given to them for the play (grades run from 0% to 100%). The play is 20 scenes over 4-5 acts. The minimum lines per scene would be 40 (non repeating, coherent) lines. The play's subject must involve GOONS and VE, in a not-entirely-negative light, and it should be done in Shakespearean style. The play may be submitted twice, to improve the grade.

(ungraded play)
Same requirements as above only with no grade portion and a flat 100m paid to GOONS, one submission unless it is deemed insufficient.[/quote]
[/quote]
I stated that one option is a 5-act, 20-scene play plus an amount of reps lower than $4-500m, you called me a liar then said that the option is "Same requirements as above only with no grade portion and a flat 100m paid to GOONS." We said the same thing; if I am lying, you are lying.

[quote](graded play)

400m base amount, % taken off of amount based on a grade given to them for the play (grades run from 0% to 100%). The play is 20 scenes over 4-5 acts. The minimum lines per scene would be 40 (non repeating, coherent) lines. The play's subject must involve GOONS and VE, [b][color="#FF0000"]in a not-entirely-negative light,[/color][/b] and it should be done in Shakespearean style. The play may be submitted twice, to improve the grade.
[/quote]

That's it, DH is trying to disband CoJ by imposing terms impossible of being achieved.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1300339085' post='2667138']
Terms like this are just plain stupid. Hell, I'm a bit surprised they haven't been declared illegal like demanding an alliance provide its conquerers with the keys to its kingdom.
[/quote]
I'm sure you'd squeal just as obnoxiously if we were asking traditional pecuniary reparations. I'd have thought as prolific a writer as Schattenmann would jump at the opportunity to put his pen to good use.

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I still find the terms offered to CoJ to be a little excessive and unnecessary. Both from a moralistic standpoint, and as someone who has an appreciation of the theater. A scene does not necessarily have to have forty lines to be good. Most of the finer scenes I have seen have been quite brief.[/color]

What reason does Pacifica have to believe that a month of war would be the end of it? Karma and the reps paid was supposed to be the end of it. You have given them no reason to believe that you will not hand down crippling reps to them once again after this "month of war."

I personally find your demands to be in poor taste. If they don't come out to play you will fight until Pacifica surrenders and then hand out reps, that you have no business demanding. This is disgraceful.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300340343' post='2667176']
My initial point was never in question because it was correct.
[/quote]

Actually it was very much in question due to being completely wrong. I will point out that the whole back and forth between us has been a direct result of your point being in question.

Though looking back, I suppose you are right; that 'especially' should not have been in there. You win this semantic argument, Moldavi! :((

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1300337263' post='2667045']
[color="#0000FF"]I know I'm not on DH's side, but I really doubt they want to impose eternal war on NPO. They just want to bring it down a few notches. Three rounds is all they need or want. I'm not sure why some of you are trying to make this appear much more sinister than it really is.[/color]
[/quote]

How much mor down? We hav don not one damn thng sinc Karma ekcep rebild NS to #2, befor this war. So just what "notches" ar you talking abot?

I cant spek for NPO gov, but I belev DH abot as much as I belev politshuns.

[quote name='Minilla Island' timestamp='1300340602' post='2667184']
Gee, is that not what the ol' Emperor Revenge told GATO way back when? You know, either come out of Hippy or stay there forever? Gee, it seems like we have the ol' Hegemony back, only a different taste.

Second point, those nations that are in hippy are usually banking nations. Those are the guys who help rebuild after a war. it has long been accepted strategy for banking nations to drop into hippy for the duration of the war. :et's be real here, you have zero intentions of letting NPO rebuild. Why not just admit that and spare us the hyperbole?
[/quote]
NPO's top 60 are not all banks. If they are, an overly generous banking policy is no excuse to dodge war.

I believe we've been very explicit about what happens about after they emerge from peace mode, a notable distinction between the attempts by Pacifica to deal with the problem in the past. NPO knows the exact schedule and terms it will face upon emergence. They could probably calculate accurate predictions of damage they can incur and damage they'll take in the period.

This

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1300334058' post='2666890']
We near the end. The end of silence for fear of persecution
[/quote]

And this

I should up your rep amount every time you lie about them.
[/quote]

taken together crack me up.

Of course the other option is to simply not come out of peace mode. Weeks, months, years go by as nations toil away under penalties and threat of attack should they leave, all because they chose that path over actual war. No honor there, merely one painting oneself into a corner by deciding to hide in peace mode, and finding that they can't come out again without war.

And before someone pipes up with the eternal war snarks, how can there be a war if nobody is fighting?

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1300340695' post='2667188']
I stated that one option is a 5-act, 20-scene play plus an amount of reps lower than $4-500m, you called me a liar then said that the option is "Same requirements as above only with no grade portion and a flat 100m paid to GOONS." We said the same thing; if I am lying, you are lying.
[/quote]
You don't fool me, you're trying to present the terms in the harshest possible light. 500m was never even on the table tonight. Now if you want to negotiate the details of the play, that's fine, but you will be doing that play, unless you really want to pay that flat 400m. So swallow your pride already. Who knows? It could be fun, I did say not-entirely negative light, so you could certainly get in a good many barbs. In reality, it would be a more lyrical version of your typical owf tripe, I would have thought you'd have jumped all over that.

Edited by Sardonic

The tripe I'm reading from DH in this thread is unbelievable. You guys do understand that you were the aggressive attackers in this whole thing right? NPO not licking your boots prior to the outbreak of war is no CB. And now you expect them to offer themselves up like lambs for the slaughter and destroy the work of 2 years building? I'd have rejected those terms too.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1300340184' post='2667172']
While I'm sure mhawk is very sorry about hurting your feelings, the statement "Doomhouse attacked NPO unprovoked" is a factually true statement, unless you're working from a very strange definition of provocation ("existing" perhaps?).
[/quote]
I think it's quite clear that I never stated that my feelings were hurt, you clearly misunderstood my statements. Provocation is quite clearly defined, but to what extent your actions constitute provocation is clearly perceived incorrectly by the vast majority of Pacificans.

Edited by montypython

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1300340860' post='2667196']
NPO's top 60 are not all banks. If they are, an overly generous banking policy is no excuse to dodge war.

I believe we've been very explicit about what happens about after they emerge from peace mode, a notable distinction between the attempts by Pacifica to deal with the problem in the past. NPO knows the exact schedule and terms it will face upon emergence. They could probably calculate accurate predictions of damage they can incur and damage they'll take in the period.
[/quote]

Aww.. tha baby dragon is whining.. again...

When I come out of peace with nukes in tow, I'll come looking for you. I will give you a reason to whine.

You better be begging for peace, not offering it.

Also, Fluttershy is cuter than you! B-)

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Minilla Island' timestamp='1300340602' post='2667184']
Gee, is that not what the ol' Emperor Revenge told GATO way back when? You know, either come out of Hippy or stay there forever? Gee, it seems like we have the ol' Hegemony back, only a different taste.[/quote]
NPO threatened, within the first couple of days of war, to PZI or EZI every individual nation who was in peace mode for any reason. We are saying we won't give the [i]alliance[/i] peace till they stop systematically using peace mode as a way to avoid fighting entirely as they've been doing for over a month now.

Not comparable at all. Even then the intention, to keep people from using peace mode as a way to avoid war entirely, was fine then and it's fine now.

[quote]Second point, those nations that are in hippy are usually banking nations. Those are the guys who help rebuild after a war. it has long been accepted strategy for banking nations to drop into hippy for the duration of the war. :et's be real here, you have zero intentions of letting NPO rebuild. Why not just admit that and spare us the hyperbole?
[/quote]
You realize that that concept of "bank nations" who don't fight at all is at least 3 years outdated, right?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1300340764' post='2667192']
[color="#0000FF"]I still find the terms offered to CoJ to be a little excessive and unnecessary. Both from a moralistic standpoint, and as someone who has an appreciation of the theater. A scene does not necessarily have to have forty lines to be good. Most of the finer scenes I have seen have been quite brief.[/color]
[/quote]
Well RV as Ardus and I have said we're willing to give on things like that diplomatically, but CoJ over here is refusing to play ball at all.