A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='TrotskysRevenge' timestamp='1300340857' post='2667195']
How much mor down? We hav don not one damn thng sinc Karma ekcep rebild NS to #2, befor this war. So just what "notches" ar you talking abot?

I cant spek for NPO gov, but I belev DH abot as much as I belev politshuns.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'm not saying the war is justified. I don't believe it is justified. But I am pretty sure I know what they want. They want to beat you down, get their kicks, and move on.

They're in no position to fight an extended war anyway. Once they beat down your big nations, they won't have nearly enough people to cope with the entire NPO and its allies. Not without a constant outflow of cash to GOONS and MK's lower tier. Money which they can't use to buy tech. So yes, as odd as it may sound, I'd trust them when they say that they just want NPO out of peace mode so they can't beat you down.

It isn't like they've been subtle about their intentions from the start. If you can get past the spin, from both sides, that is.[/color]

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1300340960' post='2667201']
The tripe I'm reading from DH in this thread is unbelievable. You guys do understand that you were the aggressive attackers in this whole thing right? NPO not licking your boots prior to the outbreak of war is no CB. And now you expect them to offer themselves up like lambs for the slaughter and destroy the work of 2 years building? I'd have rejected those terms too.
[/quote]
They haven't rejected them. They are still discussing the matter.

This is pretty hilarious. NPO suddenly finds the same terms they imposed on FAN mean and terrible. Whoever thought these up needs a pay raise, truly, because you're actually forcing NPO to say their actions were wrong, even if it's not directly.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1300341042' post='2667206']
Well RV as Ardus and I have said we're willing to give on things like that diplomatically, but CoJ over here is refusing to play ball at all.
[/quote]
RV is the resident expert on negotiations.

[quote name='Minilla Island' timestamp='1300340602' post='2667184']
Second point, those nations that are in hippy are usually banking nations. Those are the guys who help rebuild after a war. it has long been accepted strategy for banking nations to drop into hippy for the duration of the war. :et's be real here, you have zero intentions of letting NPO rebuild. Why not just admit that and spare us the hyperbole?
[/quote]

It [b]was[/b] accepted strategy for banking nations to drop into PM. Sorry if we can't be assed to accommodate NPO's ancient tactics.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1300337534' post='2667063']
Your going to see a lot of rage quits from GOONS in the near future.
[/quote]

Yeah, that's why GOONS has grown in membership since the war began.

Edited by Carrick

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1300340960' post='2667201']
The tripe I'm reading from DH in this thread is unbelievable. You guys do understand that you were the aggressive attackers in this whole thing right? NPO not licking your boots prior to the outbreak of war is no CB. And now you expect them to offer themselves up like lambs for the slaughter and destroy the work of 2 years building? I'd have rejected those terms too.
[/quote]
Time to bring back an old friend:

[img]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u190/TiagoJeronimo/WaPropaganda.png[/img]

Karma did nothing.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1300341115' post='2667210']
This is pretty hilarious. NPO suddenly finds the same terms they imposed on FAN mean and terrible. Whoever thought these up needs a pay raise, truly, because you're actually forcing NPO to say their actions were wrong, even if it's not directly.
[/quote]

I thought that saying, "We're not as bad as them" is only an admission of guilt?

[/quote]
Didn't NPO do exactly that the other day in an apology? Odd.

[/quote]

Gasp. Maybe we should apologize.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1300340956' post='2667200']
You don't fool me, you're trying to present the terms in the harshest possible light. 500m was never even on the table tonight. Now if you want to negotiate the details of the play, that's fine, but you will be doing that play, unless you really want to pay that flat 400m. So swallow your pride already, who knows? It could be fun, I did say not-entirely negative light, so you could certainly get in a good many barbs. In reality, it would be a more lyrical version of your typical owf tripe, I would have thought you'd have jumped all over that.
[/quote]
Tripe? It's been 6 months since my last thread about GOONS, if you're still upset it must rather have been prime cut. CoJ has informed you in no uncertain terms that we will not create any plays etc for GOONS use in humiliating us on the world stage. You know as well as I do that $500m is the number first proposed by you. And you know as well as I do that this thread brought this debate into the public arena, not me. I will not stand around while Doomhouse claims that the offer on the table is one month of war for the top tier when the truth is that Doomhouse is requiring one month of war PLUS reps from every alliance in our coalition.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1300341115' post='2667210']. Whoever thought these up needs a pay raise, truly, because you're actually forcing NPO to say their actions were wrong, even if it's not directly.
[/quote]
Did you read the statement given by NPO awhile ago regarding FAN?

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1300340647' post='2667186']
At least for those seeking truth CoJ helps them see through it [b]not you[/b], can't step in their pants can't walk in their shoes bet everything you're worth you lose your tie and your shirt.
[/quote]
Praise admin, CoJ has helped me to see the truth! Where may I repent my sins?

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1300341135' post='2667212']
RV is the resident expert on negotiations.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]If it were a hundred million or so I'd have bothered negotiating. But not chump change that could be paid by one nation. Especially when doing so gave me a golden turd I could show the public.[/color]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1300340897' post='2667198']
Of course the other option is to simply not come out of peace mode. Weeks, months, years go by as nations toil away under penalties and threat of attack should they leave, all because they chose that path over actual war. No honor there, merely one painting oneself into a corner by deciding to hide in peace mode, and finding that they can't come out again without war.

And before someone pipes up with the eternal war snarks, how can there be a war if nobody is fighting?
[/quote]

Nobody is fighting? NPO is fighting 364 wars. The fact is that DH is upset because they failed to destroy NPO's upper/middle tiers who are in peace mode due own DH's incompetence and DH is afraid of look like stupids when the war finish and NPO speedily rebuild themselves.

[quote name='The Warrior' timestamp='1300340793' post='2667193']
What reason does Pacifica have to believe that a month of war would be the end of it? Karma and the reps paid was supposed to be the end of it. You have given them no reason to believe that you will not hand down crippling reps to them once again after this "month of war."

I personally find your demands to be in poor taste. If they don't come out to play you will fight until Pacifica surrenders and then hand out reps, that you have no business demanding. This is disgraceful.
[/quote]
We will fight until they come out, period.

No one ever said that Karma would be the end of NPO ever having to fight a war again. For most people this war isn't about Karma.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1300341388' post='2667228']
We will fight until they come out, period.

No one ever said that Karma would be the end of NPO ever having to fight a war again. For most people this war isn't about Karma.
[/quote]
Only the ones that planned it.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1300341352' post='2667226']
[color="#0000FF"]If it were a hundred million or so I'd have bothered negotiating. But not chump change that could be paid by one nation. Especially when doing so gave me a golden turd I could show the public.[/color]
[/quote]
You don't have to explain why to me. I got on after the thread went up, looked at the logs, and went "that was coming."

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1300341376' post='2667227']
Nobody is fighting? NPO is fighting 364 wars. The fact is that DH is upset because they failed to destroy NPO's upper/middle tiers who are in peace mode due own DH's incompetence and DH is afraid of look like stupids when the war finish and NPO speedily rebuild themselves.
[/quote]

You do realize a good majority of NPO's upper tier was in peace mode before Doomhouse + FAN declared on them, correct?

[quote name='montypython' timestamp='1300339742' post='2667157']
I have never uttered the statements which you so eloquently stated. If you want to state things like, DH is "erasing years of work from hundreds of players," then you should consider why these rulers of nations would state as their reasons for ruling their respective nations. I also don't like how you state that we attacked "completely unprovoked." If you look at some logs I can post for you (as you did in one of your previous statements), it's quite clearly stated that you stated statements which provoked our (as you stated) attacks. A lasting peace is not to be expected with the attitude that your statements carry. Maybe you should think about how you state things.
[/quote]
You'll note, "some on your side have said". I didn't claim you specifically stated as such. Your second sentence doesn't have a coherent thought to address so I'll skip it. I would however appreciate you posting the logs which you cite as provocation worthy of unending war or destruction of complete upper tier.

I didn't start this war, you guys did. I think you'd have a hard time finding more than a sentence or two said about umbrella from me in the last year before you attacked our MADP partner.

So raising questions is worthy of getting attacked again? Did I take this statement wrong? Please address it if I did and what you actually meant.

[quote]A lasting peace is not to be expected with the attitude that your statements carry.[/quote]

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1300341638' post='2667241']
You do realize a good majority of NPO's upper tier was in peace mode before Doomhouse + FAN declared on them, correct?
[/quote]
A lesson in opsec for Doomhouse, free of charge.