A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1300336004' post='2666983']
Oh please. They attacked an alliance with out provocation after collecting the largest reps ever. This war was totally unjustified and like I said, I hope they are stuck aiding GOONS for months to come.
[/quote]
Surely you're talking about all that tech from TOP. I don't know what those reps have to do with our war against Pacifica.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1300335824' post='2666973']
Alright, fair enough wrt which comment you were referring to... but I'm still confused. Who are my new masters again?
[/quote]
The same as everyone else's. The victors.

That is the way of the Cyberverse. I am not knocking the system, I just find it disappointing that the masters can't seem to put two or more coherent thoughts together lately without including an [i]ad hominem[/i] attack.

Edited by Ivan Moldavi

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1300335880' post='2666977']
A prolonged siege that strips NPO of half its income while costing Doomhouse almost nothing doesn't really seem like that great of a strategy to me.
[/quote]

Economically? Of course not. But if keeping them in war that they cant actually fight pisses them off then it'd be totally worth it in my opinion.

Oh please. They attacked an alliance with out provocation after collecting the largest reps ever. This war was totally unjustified and like I said, I hope they are stuck aiding GOONS for months to come.
[/quote]

Just because you don't like the reason doesn't mean it was started for no reason. Roquentin has posted novels about the motive behind the declaration, honestly.

So, 1) Even though I already know the answer to this, I must ask: is dogpiling and more or less destroying an alliance ('cause, lets face it, GOONS is a shadow of what it was [i]antebellum[/i]) a cowardly and punishable act now when it was perfectly acceptable in the past?

and 2) When the Doomhouse alliances declared on NPO without a valid [i]cassus belli[/i], they were signing a waiver that allowed for this to happen. They were prepared for this exact eventuality, and if they truly weren't, they someone needs to clean their glasses, 'cause I think there's something obstructing their view.

Also, I love how this topic was posted 24 hours after the first official peace discussions took place last night. Kinda looks like you're taking an "all or nothing" stance in negotiations. Fair 'nuff. As they say, come at me bro.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1300335668' post='2666967']
Figures that the response from the other side is to avoid addressing the substance of the post.
[/quote]
You brought this war to our doorstep, we will fight it as we damn well please, and at our own damn pleasure.

[quote name='infinite citadel' timestamp='1300335961' post='2666978']
It's because most of our 56 have been slipping in and out the entire war, where as you have a good 50+ nations that have stayed in peace mode for the entire war, which happen to be in the upper tier.
[/quote]
Now I am not CN technical genius, even though I am your Minister of Trades ;) , but wouldn't a 10% rate of continuous peace mode be fairly consistent with the concept of banking nations within an alliance? Are you saying that alliances no longer have banks? (This may be true, I am genuinely asking.)

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1300335697' post='2666968']
If I were in charge of NPO I'd tell you to get lost and continue the war. You Doomhouse guys started this for no reason. Seeing you guys stuck with it for a long time to come would make me smile. Obviously it's the NPO' choice, but that's what I'd do.
[/quote]
And they are stuck with it as well. The difference is that for us our upper tiers get to stay in war mode and rain down aid on our lower tier, while their upper tier is stagnant in peace mode and their lower tier doesn't get any aid.

[quote name='Gumpper' timestamp='1300335815' post='2666972']
I might be a young nation but as I read the statistics right now, The of NPO's 523 Nations only 187 are in peace mode. This is approximately 35.75% of the nations of the NPO, most slipping in and out fighting the war.

Of the Mushroom Kingdom's 185 nations 56 are in Peace Mode.. approximately 30.3% of their total nations... are we seriously still getting flamed about a five percent difference?

Just saying...

Reason for Edit: fixed misspelling
[/quote]
Have you looked at the spread of those nations? Almost all of our peace moders have fought at one point and will fight again, and are using it tactically so they can come back out recharged and out of anarchy. Almost all of your peace moders are there to avoid war entirely, as a strategic effort to avoid fighting.

[quote name='ShotgunWilly' timestamp='1300336189' post='2666991']
So, 1) Even though I already know the answer to this, I must ask: is dogpiling and more or less destroying an alliance ('cause, lets face it, GOONS is a shadow of what it was [i]antebellum[/i])
[/quote]
You think we're destroyed? How quaint, we've gained over 100 members over the course of this war, in the stats that matter most we're doing fine, and still launching tons of offensive wars.

[/quote]

Clearly you haven't been reading up on any of what Roq has posted. There was plently of provocation you just need to read a bit more.

[quote name='Moridin' timestamp='1300336034' post='2666984']
And here I thought those were already over!
[/quote]
An uninformed individual might conclude otherwise given how evil we supposedly are. It is necessary to remind folks that since Karma, as power has shifted and re-cemented, the course of history has flowed against these things.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1300335668' post='2666967']
Figures that the response from the other side is to avoid addressing the substance of the post.
[/quote]

I think it's mostly that everyone has difficulty reading an announcement that seems to be comprised entirely of self-righteous ramblings, so we just go for the bits that don't make us cringe.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1300335018' post='2666931']
I hope my comrades don't take this bait. Comrades stay please don't make a single comment in this thread. It's not worth it. If they want to talk, let them address our leaders via private channels.
[/quote]

And the true valor of the NPO shines through.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300336273' post='2666994']
Now I am not CN technical genius, even though I am your Minister of Trades ;) , but wouldn't a 10% rate of continuous peace mode be fairly consistent with the concept of banking nations within an alliance? Are you saying that alliances no longer have banks? (This may be true, I am genuinely asking.)
[/quote]

Maybe when the war is done you can bring NPO out of 2007.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1300334058' post='2666890']
2. We have witnessed the departure of Ragnarok from the storied SuperFriends bloc after choosing to defend Polaris over all others.
[/quote]

Polaris was the first of their allies attacked; defending them is what any decent ally would do.

Rok, like many others, saw through the CB setup and they chose to defend their ally, with whom no diplomatic resolutions were sought prior to the war.

It was a simple issue of Rok defending a friend against a group of alliances that were hungry for war and willing to sacrifice their friendship with Rok.

I'm going to read the rest of the OP now... stopped when I got to #2. lol

edit: 2 typos :/

Edited by Farnsworth

[quote name='ShotgunWilly' timestamp='1300336189' post='2666991']
So, 1) Even though I already know the answer to this, I must ask: is dogpiling and more or less destroying an alliance ('cause, lets face it, GOONS is a shadow of what it was [i]antebellum[/i]) a cowardly and punishable act now when it was perfectly acceptable in the past?

and 2) When the Doomhouse alliances declared on NPO without a valid [i]cassus belli[/i], they were signing a waiver that allowed for this to happen. They were prepared for this exact eventuality, and if they truly weren't, they someone needs to clean their glasses, 'cause I think there's something obstructing their view.

Also, I love how this topic was posted 24 hours after the first official peace discussions took place last night. Kinda looks like you're taking an "all or nothing" stance in negotiations. Fair 'nuff. As they say, come at me bro.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Although I won't say the tactic used against GOONS was cowardly, as most of us were best matched for GOONS (NSO, ASU, NAC, and maybe even Invicta), it was a necessary tactic due to Legion's refusal to fight everyone. That prevented any alliance from being able to hit MK or Umbrella without being horrible outnumbered. That changed eventually, and an offense against MK was launched once some more alliances were found. But let's face it, the damage to neither alliance is permanent. GOONS was never that big to begin with. Their rebuilding will be a little slow, but the aid from Umbrella will be immense. And the large war chest requirements of MK will facilitate their rebuilding, even though they were not hit that badly.[/color]

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1300336411' post='2667005']
Maybe when the war is done you can bring NPO out of 2007.
[/quote]
Doubtful. Shall I assume that to mean there are no banking nations in CN any longer? I have no idea. Pierconium has zero infrastructure.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300336273' post='2666994']
[/quote]
I would hope to Johan that alliances don't have banks anymore.

We stopped having them in '07.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='Farnsworth' timestamp='1300336429' post='2667006']
Polaris was the first of their allies attacked; defending them is what any decent ally would do.

Rok, like many others, saw through the CB setup and they chose defend their ally, with whom no diplomatic resolutions were sought prior to the war.

It was a simple of issue of Rok defending a friend against a group of alliances that were hungry for war and willing to sacrifice their friendship with Rok.

I'm going to read the rest of the OP now... stopped when I got to #2. lol
[/quote]
I neither praised nor criticized them for it. Twas a mere observation of a major aspect of this war.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1300336085' post='2666986']
Surely you're talking about all that tech from TOP. I don't know what those reps have to do with our war against Pacifica.
[/quote]

Don't give me that. Karma may have been a rag tag bunch of alliances, but we were together for a common cause [I]which we achieved[/I]. We moderated Pacifica's behavior, and stunted their growth. To turn around and be part of an unprovoked attack is just disgraceful, not that such a thing means much to your side.

And I agree with the others Pacifica: Taking Doomhouse at their word seems like a bad idea.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1300335789' post='2666971']
Doomhouse actually had a reason, fyi.
[/quote]
The reasons were? I won't hold my breath for a reply.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1300336517' post='2667009']
I would hope to Johan that alliances don't have banks anymore.

We stopped it having them in '07.
[/quote]
Alright, thanks. As I said, I had no idea.

So none of the peace-mode MK nations have been in since the start of the war? Would be something if it was just a handful, like 12-15, or roughly 10%. Just wondering.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300335835' post='2666975']
Also, if this would have been the initial declaration of war it would have received praise from me. I am all for a straight up fight. But it doesn't. It comes weeks into it after the combatants are set and several others have been freed up, undoubtedly to bring additional pressure into acceptance of these terms. After spending weeks getting prepared financially and militarily, with a clear statistical advantage, that's when this "enlightened" method of warfare comes up.
[/quote]

What are you even trying to argue here? Doomhouse declared without a numerical advantage, especially when factoring in various counters. And we certainly expected to fight your upper-tier nations from the get-go. The only thing that denied us a 'straight-up fight' from the very beginning was the staggering cowardice displayed by your coalition. We are merely offering you a chance to redeem yourselves.

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1300336331' post='2666999']
Clearly you haven't been reading up on any of what Roq has posted. There was plently of provocation you just need to read a bit more.
[/quote]

What? The ones where you assumed that they'd intervene in a war that didn't involve them when it was obvious that doing so would bring down overwhelming force upon them? If that's what you're talking about then you'd best just close your mouth, because all of those were just pathetic.