A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='Henry' timestamp='1300346218' post='2667442']
I'm not under the impression that white peace with specific dates was on the table.

But if it was, I'm sure one of your gov can correct me.
[/quote]
Ardus has said in this thread that before the agreement was made a specific timeline for peace would be annouced. Read the thread before writing.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Henry' timestamp='1300345834' post='2667427']
By the logic your myriad followers are spewing: it's our choice if we don't come out of peacemode, therefore it's our choice that the war continues. Let us put aside the fact that we didn't choose this war. You, after all, declared war on us.

Please explain why you would not offer ridiculous Karma scale reps at the end of 1 month and after we reject said reps, why the war would not continue, by "our choice"?
[/quote]
1. You could not pay such reps after emerging from peace mode.
2. Reparations are inefficient and would result in us growing at a slower speed than is otherwise attainable.
3. There is no point in continuing the war once your top-tier has emerged and fought.
4. Doing so would wipe out diplomatic capacity save with a few allies. This would result in the demolition of the Doomhouse's power and influence.
5. I've said since very early on in the war that we would not demand reparations of NPO and have remained constant in that.

OOC: 6. It'd be bad for the game.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1300346283' post='2667444']
The fact that your side started the war without any proven reason make any claims that your side make unreasonable. It's only DH's fault and incompetence if they failed to destroy NPO upper tie and it's totally unfair try to punish NPO because of that.
[/quote]
It's impossible to declare war on someone in peace mode. How could we have possibly destroyed them?

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1300346224' post='2667443']
The war has hardly been real for the nations that have been hidden in peace mode since before war was even declared.
[/quote]
So...it isn't real then? Which is it? Even if some (or quite a few) nations were in peace mode since the war began you can't possibly lose more than 50% of your NS without losing members if the war isn't real.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1300345532' post='2667415']
The fight has been no less real than the Polar-VE fight. Ask NPO and the Hopeless Coalition if this fight has been 'real' for them.
[/quote]

So the months of your sides whining about the NPO and ally's use of peace mode was just my imagination running away with me? The truth is they've got you right where they want you... You know, besides the part about being outnumbered and subjected to an unprovoked attack after having their growth stunted for a year.:)

[quote name='TrotskysRevenge' timestamp='1300346137' post='2667437']
Oh rely? Then wher ar ther statmnts and posts to that efek in this thred?
[/quote]
This is a Doomhouse thread. Though we fight alongside them, FAN and NoR are not members of the Doomhouse Accords.

If you would like confirmation of their agreement, however, your government has logs of our meeting.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1300345917' post='2667429']
My point was that you're making a claim, with no evidence, and then refusing to back it up. I could just as easily claim that NPO would, in your words, thrash MK.
[/quote]
You could. But it's a hypothetical thing that I'm not really interested in.

[quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1300346290' post='2667445']
Ardus has said in this thread that before the agreement was made a specific timeline for peace would be annouced. Read the thread before writing.
[/quote]

I don't believe the term white peace was actually used. The difference between white peace and a peace with various terms attached can be huge.

fake edit: Ardus just cleared up most of the random junk in this thread.

real edit: someone just leak the damn logs already.

Edited by Henry

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1300346437' post='2667448']
So...it isn't real then? Which is it? Even if some (or quite a few) nations were in peace mode since the war began you can't possibly lose more than 50% of your NS without losing members if the war isn't real.
[/quote]

CSM's point is that the war is real for NPO. They are actively losing nation strength and what-not. However, the reason that Doomhouse wishes for NPO's peacemode warriors to step out of their protective cages, is because they have not yet experienced this war. The war is, say, less real for them. Comprende?

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1300346650' post='2667453']
CSM's point is that the war is real for NPO. They are actively losing nation strength and what-not. However, the reason that Doomhouse wishes for NPO's peacemode warriors to step out of their protective cages, is because they have not yet experienced this war. The war is, say, less real for them. Comprende?
[/quote]
I see that. I'm saying that just because a few nations have not fought doesn't mean anything in terms of large scale war especially when such damage has occurred (which does not occur if the alliance in question isn't already suffering).

[quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1300346361' post='2667447']
It's impossible to declare war on someone in peace mode. How could we have possibly destroyed them?
[/quote]

You right, you couldn't because as I said, DH was incompetent letting NPO escape to peace mode.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1300345287' post='2667400']
You are incorrect. Both the Federation and Nordreich attended and agreed to the offer in the formal meeting with your leaders.
[/quote]

Then why isn't that mentioned in the OP? The omission is rather glaring and makes me doubt what you say.

Edited by Waterana

Neither choice seems reasonable or preferable. Either NPO can get out of peace mode and get destroyed quickly or they can stay in peace mode and get destroyed slowly. I'm not sure if it would be wise to accept such a proposal.

Edited by kulomascovia

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1300346325' post='2667446']
4. Doing so would wipe out diplomatic capacity save with a few allies. This would result in the demolition of the Doomhouse's power and influence.
[/quote]

If MK's word was still worth something...it seems like it would be in our interests to continue the war in hopes that you change your mind and then watch you try to impose reps on us.

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1300345739' post='2667426']
While FAN was never offered terms, this situation is much the same. I'll cross over my points about no way Pacifica could ever count on your word. If this is a trap, which it could very well be, Pacifica isn't getting real terms either, they are just being called out, which Pacifica did quiet often toward FAN.
[/quote]

FAN was never offered terms at all, NPO's terms are literally "Fight for one month, then white peace"

You see the difference between, no terms at all and getting offered terms?

[quote name='Henry' timestamp='1300345834' post='2667427']
By the logic your myriad followers are spewing: it's our choice if we don't come out of peacemode, therefore it's our choice that the war continues. Let us put aside the fact that we didn't choose this war. You, after all, declared war on us.

Please explain why you would not offer ridiculous Karma scale reps at the end of 1 month and after we reject said reps, why the war would not continue, by "our choice"?
[/quote]

Then why accept any terms at all if you find their word to be so worthless? You only have their word [i]any[/i] surrender agreement will be honored, let alone the one they just publicly announced.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1300346283' post='2667444']
The fact that your side started the war without any proven reason make any claims that your side make unreasonable. It's only DH's fault and incompetence if they failed to destroy NPO upper tie and it's totally unfair try to punish NPO because of that.
[/quote]

Did somebody just try to use the F word in relation to armed conflict? What part of [i]life[/i] every gave you the impression that war was fair?

[quote name='Henry' timestamp='1300347815' post='2667465']
If MK's word was still worth something...it seems like it would be in our interests to continue the war in hopes that you change your mind and then watch you try to impose reps on us.
[/quote]

It would not be in your interests to sit in peace mode doing nothing forever.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1300347137' post='2667457']
You right, you couldn't because as I said, DH was incompetent letting NPO escape to peace mode.
[/quote]
You misunderstand. It is not NPO's nations that fight and cycle out to peace mode that we are targetting with this. It is those nations that [b]have yet to fight[/b] this war and who have hidden in peace mode the entire time.

I'm tickled by the situational irony of NPOers deluding themselves into seeing their peace mode as a show of defiance.

This thread is inconsequential. In the span of a week you will make your decision and consequently you will either have your exposed assets annihilated and ZMed or you will come out and finish this war.

I have other obligations to attend to, so let's get this over with quickly.

Edited by Instr

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1300347901' post='2667468']
Then why accept any terms at all if you find their word to be so worthless? You only have their word [i]any[/i] surrender agreement will be honored, let alone the one they just publicly announced.
[/quote]

That is the question of the day isn't it.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1300347912' post='2667470']
[/quote]

If CN has taught us anything, it is that nothing last forever. Hell has frozen over at least once.

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1300346650' post='2667453']
[/quote]

Whether some of our members experience the war or not is our business, not yours. We didn't want this war in the first place.It was forced on us because MK and friends were 'scared', or some rot about Polar, or we didn't kiss the derrieres of alliances that hate us after karma, whichever one is being used this week or just choose your favorite. They are interchangeable. You lot got to decide when and why to start this war, but you don't get to decide how we fight it.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1300348015' post='2667472']
You misunderstand. It is not NPO's nations that fight and cycle out to peace mode that we are targetting with this. It is those nations that [b]have yet to fight[/b] this war and who have hidden in peace mode the entire time.
[/quote]
NSO has nations who have not yet fought. Can we too expect a demand that we expose them to a month of being stomped?

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1300347912' post='2667470']
[/quote]

Neither would getting destroyed. In fact, I would argue that sitting in peace mode is in fact better than coming out. When you consider what nations do during peace time, it's not much different from what they do in peace mode. So it's not really something very terrible (aside from the economic penalties). The reconstruction costs after such a destructive move would probably be greater than the money that NPO nations have now. This proposal is not very reasonable.