Announcement from VE, PC, Fok, iFOK, MN, and NpO

[quote name='Jimbei' timestamp='1300099604' post='2664407']
five Alliances to take down one, who would have ever expected it?
[/quote]
Brilliant catch! The same logic states that NPO needed several allies to take on GOONS, an alliance a fraction of their size.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jimbei' timestamp='1300099604' post='2664407']
five Alliances to take down one, who would have ever expected it?
[/quote]

and in this pure and shining moment, Jimbei thought he had spotted a rhetorical flourish that would let him claim victory.

If this is the best you can muster, this is weak sauce indeed.

[quote name='Jimbei' timestamp='1300100443' post='2664413']
I never expressed support for either side. I was merely stating facts.
[/quote]
You "forgot" that polar did not fight this war alone. Aim for the stars kid. You'll get there.

[quote name='Farnsworth' timestamp='1300101695' post='2664423']
Congrats on peace!

I hope future wars will see more legitimate causes.

Do I have to read through this thread to find out the terms? Annoying.
[/quote]

Few wars have a more legitimate cause than a 2nd in command trying to help a spy infiltrate an alliance.

And no, they're in the first post.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1300087621' post='2664306']
In practical terms it doesn't matter, and these are very good peace terms for NpO. As you say, it's unlikely that NpO or its allies have any plans to reenter. But when you look at the larger picture you see that VE et al is now in direct support of large scale unprovoked attacks. I'd be ashamed if my alliance used one war to help prop up a second group's unprovoked war.
[/quote]

My allies are already at war. I am in direct support of doing whatever I can to help GOONS win theirs, and if securing 1/3 of the world's NS to not be able to enter on that front (as the peaces made on the Polar front from day 1 have achieved) is necessary, then that is what we will do. I have no care about the cause of their war, my focus is on its conclusion.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1300109922' post='2664492']
Few wars have a more legitimate cause than a 2nd in command trying to help a spy infiltrate an alliance.

And no, they're in the first post.
[/quote]

Oh, I was unaware that people still try to legitimize the CB. That's news to me.

I suppose in place of terms I should have put reps... I didn't see the amount of reps in the OP.

[quote name='Farnsworth' timestamp='1300113215' post='2664536']
Oh, I was unaware that people still try to legitimize the CB. That's news to me.

I suppose in place of terms I should have put reps... I didn't see the amount of reps in the OP.
[/quote]

The reparations owed by TKTB to SLCB are 5000 tech and $200 million, if that's what you're asking. NpO can elect to pay half of those.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1300113402' post='2664539']
The reparations owed by TKTB to SLCB are 5000 tech and $200 million, if that's what you're asking. NpO can elect to pay half of those.
[/quote]

Roger that. Upon closer look, the likely intentional awkward wording of terms makes tech deals voluntary, lasts only one month, etc.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1300110255' post='2664495']My allies are already at war. I am in direct support of doing whatever I can to help GOONS win theirs...
[/quote]

You want to help your allies win a vindictive and unprovoked war? The lessons of the fallen are rarely learned.

[quote name='O-Dog' timestamp='1300114500' post='2664550']
You want to help your allies win a vindictive and unprovoked war? The lessons of the fallen are rarely learned.
[/quote]

If by which you mean vindicated and vengeful instead, then you are closer to the truth.

[quote name='O-Dog' timestamp='1300114500' post='2664550']
[/quote]

Like I said, at this point I have allies at war. How they got there matters much less two months in than that they are there. GOONS do not need our help to win their war, but that does not mean we won't assist them however we can.

[quote name='Kyaris' timestamp='1300115412' post='2664556']
If by which you mean vindicated and vengeful instead, then you are closer to the truth.
[/quote]

Actually there's already been an admission that DH engaged in a preemptive strike and as such its only real justification was the depriving of those fighting in the Polaris theater of operations in support of NpO (directly or indirectly) of additional reinforcements. FAN might want to piggy back their whole "war of vengeance" thing against NPO onto it (and guys and gals in FAN, I respect your dedication and your alliance generally but you're coming off a bit jihadist at this point and I don't mean that in a positive way...), but that wasn't why the second front was opened up.

[quote name='Kyaris' timestamp='1300115412' post='2664556']
[/quote]

For what exactly? The indication was after Karma that their sins where payed for in full.

This second bite at the apple only shows the true reasons behind it, nothing more.