Announcement from VE, PC, Fok, iFOK, MN, and NpO

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Inferno' timestamp='1300124958' post='2664704']
Peace?

Hey Grub!!! i still waiting your attack buddy... TOP must die? You are a big mouth talker kittie...

how someone can be more cowardly (without naming the racist attitudes about grammar)
Is pathetic to see how a "suspected leader" of an big alliance, filling the mouth talking about destroying an Alliance as worthy, well-formed, who has demonstrated its technical capability skills, and hes human material as TOP.

Beside you never answer my defiance duel... (ok you can blame my grammar. that only will show your reactionary prepotence and bad manners. As usual)

Well almost some one in your alliance have common sense and sign a peace.

[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e107/PabloPerotti/CN/grubsml.gif[/IMG]
[/quote]
Wow! It took 15 pages for TOP to come in. I guess I lost my bet. :(

It looks like Crymson does have a tracker whenever the word 'NpO' or 'Grub' appears in a thread....

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

Basically, we've agreed that Dajobo really did send a spy into VE. However, the motive was getting intel on VE's stance towards Polaris (ironically to glimpse whether VE was planning to attack), rather than getting confidential info on warchests and stuff. VE gave info to be absolutely certain that NpO (Dajobo) was spying, and it was confirmed. The stuff Lennox gave was implausible, so Dajobo humored Lennox in the logs, thinking it was all faked screenshots, and later on thinking it was a planted CB.

The war was inevitable due to mutual distrust and paranoia. Handshakes and apologies were probably all done in private. There's no need to publicly embarrass NpO with some admission of guilt; it was a private affair between VE, NpO, and their friends. It's mostly been dealt with in private, and I believe NpO-VE have much better mutual understanding than pre-war.

The funny looking terms reflect the tone in which the war was ended. A little gloating on victory, a non-forced opportunity for mutual aid and rebuilding, and a way to punish a certain few individuals for being dishonorable. A shame that there's not really much incentive to tech deal and get each other to communicate more.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1300121480' post='2664648']
How short sighted and narrow minded of you. Do you make always give blind, unconsidered support to your allies? If so, why would you admit to doing something so stupid? If you said that you SUPPORT their reasons that would be one thing, but ignoring their reasons is just pathetic.
[/quote]

Everyone on that front had their own reasons for attacking NPO. Roq listed a whole bunch of them. Some Viridians strongly agree with them, some Viridians strongly disagree, and there's so many mini-CBs to argue over on. Ignoring their reasons is the best neutral approach.

But look back at it from a tactical standpoint. NPO-Legion had a direct line of fire to chain into anyone attacking NpO should reinforcements become necessary. What could've gone wrong on PB's side? NPO. NPO could've played the cavalry, rescued NpO, and be hailed by everyone on the NpO coalition. It might not have been NPO's intention but it was a big risk.

One major reason was that it really was a pre-emptive attack, to divide up possible combatants. Victorious Alliances has to at least pay some courtesy to Umbrella/GOONS for neutralizing NPO as a possible threat, and a no re-entry clause makes sense. Offensively defending PB wasn't their only reason for war, though, so they haven't pulled out, but I'm sure they will when they're satisfied. NpO couldn't really do anything on that front anyway; if they were concerned about it, they could probably bring it up with PB who'd look for a diplomatic way to end it.

Of course, all this represents perspective of a general member, and none of VE's gov :P

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1300130971' post='2664796']
Basically, we've agreed that Dajobo really did send a spy into VE. However, the motive was getting intel on VE's stance towards Polaris (ironically to glimpse whether VE was planning to attack), rather than getting confidential info on warchests and stuff. VE gave info to be absolutely certain that NpO (Dajobo) was spying, and it was confirmed. The stuff Lennox gave was implausible, so Dajobo humored Lennox in the logs, thinking it was all faked screenshots, and later on thinking it was a planted CB.

The war was inevitable due to mutual distrust and paranoia. Handshakes and apologies were probably all done in private. There's no need to publicly embarrass NpO with some admission of guilt; it was a private affair between VE, NpO, and their friends. It's mostly been dealt with in private, and I believe NpO-VE have much better mutual understanding than pre-war.

The funny looking terms reflect the tone in which the war was ended. A little gloating on victory, a non-forced opportunity for mutual aid and rebuilding, and a way to punish a certain few individuals for being dishonorable. A shame that there's not really much incentive to tech deal and get each other to communicate more.

Everyone on that front had their own reasons for attacking NPO. Roq listed a whole bunch of them. Some Viridians strongly agree with them, some Viridians strongly disagree, and there's so many mini-CBs to argue over on. Ignoring their reasons is the best neutral approach.

But look back at it from a tactical standpoint. NPO-Legion had a direct line of fire to chain into anyone attacking NpO should reinforcements become necessary. What could've gone wrong on PB's side? NPO. NPO could've played the cavalry, rescued NpO, and be hailed by everyone on the NpO coalition. It might not have been NPO's intention but it was a big risk.

One major reason was that it really was a pre-emptive attack, to divide up possible combatants. Victorious Alliances has to at least pay some courtesy to Umbrella/GOONS for neutralizing NPO as a possible threat, and a no re-entry clause makes sense. Offensively defending PB wasn't their only reason for war, though, so they haven't pulled out, but I'm sure they will when they're satisfied. NpO couldn't really do anything on that front anyway; if they were concerned about it, they could probably bring it up with PB who'd look for a diplomatic way to end it.

Of course, all this represents perspective of a general member, and none of VE's gov :P
[/quote]

Well, at least I can respect VE's general membership.

[quote name='mikk206' timestamp='1300128449' post='2664742']
Sup Impero? So how was your agression justified when u forced us to sign that at a gun point? Apologies are in the fashion recently, maybe you should talk to Polar about making it right?
[/quote]

[quote]For Viridian Entente
Cornelius, Lord
Solaris, Duke
God of Salt, Secretary of the Interior
Lord Caspian, Secretary of State
Smooth, Secretary of Defense
Impero, Minister of Awesome[/quote]

Impero was in an advisory position at the end of Karma. I'm surprised his name is on the terms at all, looking back at them.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1300131624' post='2664806']
Fifteen here.
[/quote]
Wars and all? I know two more alliances declared on "Doomhouse" but didn't actually attack GOONS. If you guys have 15, I bow to the masters.

Just remember, GOONs still has to surrender first. It's in the war writeup.

[quote name='Inferno' timestamp='1300124958' post='2664704']
Peace?

Hey Grub!!! i still waiting your attack buddy... TOP must die? You are a big mouth talker kittie...

how someone can be more cowardly (without naming the racist attitudes about grammar)
Is pathetic to see how a "suspected leader" of an big alliance, filling the mouth talking about destroying an Alliance as worthy, well-formed, who has demonstrated its technical capability skills, and hes human material as TOP.

Beside you never answer my defiance duel... (ok you can blame my grammar. that only will show your reactionary prepotence and bad manners. As usual)

Well almost some one in your alliance have common sense and sign a peace.

[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e107/PabloPerotti/CN/grubsml.gif[/IMG]
[/quote]

Without seeming to be condescending, you are an idiot. You hide behind your poor english, the reality is you have nothing to say that makes sense even given the poor translation.

Congratulations to VE for well orchestrated war.
Congratulations to iFOK and FOK for lots of fun between our nations
o/ Polaris, ever steadfast.

Edited by AlmightyGrub

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1300134893' post='2664846']
You hide behind your poor english, the reality is you have nothing to say that makes sense even given the poor translation.

[/quote]

So. What's your excuse?

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1300134893' post='2664846']
Congratulations to VE for well orchestrated war.
Congratulations to iFOK and FOK for lots of fun between our nations
o/ Polaris, ever steadfast.
[/quote]

Could not agree more with this.
This was just a good, respectful and fun war, no need to get nasty afterwards.

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1300123452' post='2664683']
Yeah I miss the good old times when the ones that lost the war were forced to state that any claims the other side made were true and then appologize for them.

It was much easier to write history books when everyone weren't allowed to state their own opinions.
[/quote]

You have a poor understanding of how history works, though I suspect you're simply trying to goad a response at this point. A lot of people seem to be having a go, which is funny. War's over. We've moved on, VE have moved on, and MK and TOP are dancing on graves that aren't even there. You look a bit silly.

[quote name='Doitzel' timestamp='1300139412' post='2664949']
You have a poor understanding of how history works, though I suspect you're simply trying to goad a response at this point. A lot of people seem to be having a go, which is funny. War's over. We've moved on, VE have moved on, and MK and TOP are dancing on graves that aren't even there. You look a bit silly.
[/quote]
Merely a response to the feigned ignorance from pacifica. How you got any mockery of polar from that post is beyond me.

Darn, I really need to get in on some of this action.

[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s75/Arcticpenguin/SorryforTech.jpg[/img]

Sincerity is not guaranteed. As usual, Victorious Alliances[sup]TM[/sup] only please.

Edited by Penguin

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300127877' post='2664731']
Or: VE just wanted to roll Polaris and ran with the first excuse that came to them.
[/quote]

If we ran with the first excuse it would have been WCE. If it was the 2nd it would have been TKTB. No, we actually decided to *GASP* wait for an alliance to legitimately threaten our security before we made a war out of it.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1300130971' post='2664796'][/quote]
Thanks for a surprisingly fair and rational viewpoint on the war.

[quote]But look back at it from a tactical standpoint. NPO-Legion had a direct line of fire to chain into anyone attacking NpO should reinforcements become necessary. What could've gone wrong on PB's side? NPO. [b]NPO could've played the cavalry, rescued NpO, and be hailed by everyone on the NpO coalition.[/b] It might not have been NPO's intention but it was a big risk.

[/quote]
I disagree. The Doomhouse/FAN declaration on NPO simply demonstrates that it would have been counterproductive for NpO or STA to active their treaties with Legion and TPF in order to chain in NPO. There were (or are) enough alliances looking for any opportunity to hit NPO that opening a new front would not have assisted NpO's side, and could in fact have deprived it of alliances that ended up fighting on that side due to treaty obligations, giving lie to the assertion elsewhere that NpO and STA were trying to "protect" NPO.

Edited by Sir Humphrey

[quote name='Electron Sponge' timestamp='1300150256' post='2665078']
(c) electron sponge 2007

You owe me royalties good sir.

Payable in one month, of course. Unless we decide to give these cheeky so-and-so's the old Agincourt salute, that is.
[/quote]

Would you like to sell me tech? Just for you, $3m / 150.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1300152425' post='2665105']
Would you like to sell me tech? Just for you, $3m / 150.
[/quote]
With your paltry tech and infra, you should resort to selling on the cheap, forget buying.

Your nation is a smoldering bomb crater.

EDIT: Smoldering

Edited by mmansfield68

[quote name='mmansfield68' timestamp='1300155192' post='2665156']
With your paltry tech and infra, you should resort to selling on the cheap, forget buying.

Your nation is a smoldering bomb crater.

EDIT: Smoldering
[/quote]

You have 200 more infra than me, and you've been at peace (rebuilding) much longer. Not sure what you're going on about.

Edited by Penkala