Announcement from VE, PC, Fok, iFOK, MN, and NpO

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300062231' post='2663633']
Why didn't Polaris make sure that this was explicit in the terms? Why do you just assume that VE and friends are going to happily release you from the rest of the terms once Article 1 expires?

Because Article 2 simply [i]doesn't[/i] expire, and Polaris is relying on the good will of VE and friends to release them from the rest of the terms after one month.

Read the goddamn terms.

Article One clearly expires after one month. So after one month, it's irrelevant. OK, cool beans. So lets look at Article Two:

Do you see any expiration date in here? No? Neither do I. Therefore, it simply doesn't expire, unless one of the two parties decides to withdraw from these terms. Polaris withdrawing of course would lead to a new round of wars. So that means that Polaris is leaving it up to trust, that the "victorious alliances" will just happily release them in one month.

Yes, term 2 is merely optional tech deals and not mandatory reps (The word "may" solidifies this fact). Actually, Article 2, being an exception to Article 1, allows Polaris to tech deal internally with it's own nations, since what you tried to write was semantically ambiguous. Except Polar can't merely send aid to itself, it HAS to tech deal with itself. Sort of ridiculous, but this is what happens when you have a bunch of illiterate morons get together to draft terms.

Might I suggest going back to the drawing board?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I really shouldn't dignify this with a response, but no. I'm not a fan of Article 1, but it is one month. As for Article 2, there is nothing there making NpO an eternal tech farm. If you see that then I am afraid you're jumping at shadows that don't exist.[/color]

[quote name='Bergerland' timestamp='1300059976' post='2663496']
What are you talking about? It ends when the no aid clause ends and the tech deals are completely voluntary, not mandatory.
[/quote]

Which is why I am pleased to see this treaty. Well done.

Impero: Yes, credit where credit is due.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1300069418' post='2663926']
NinjaColt was the one that sent you the PM about the new reqs and he remembers the same incident as I do. Not sure why you're trying to deny it?
[/quote]

Because it never happened?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1300068778' post='2663912']
Should be sad to know that your dreams will never become true.
[/quote]

You must misunderstand what I'm saying, because this is like the third time my "dreams" have come true.

The first time was still the funniest though, because of how shocked your leadership was, how mad you all were, and how poorly you fought.

[quote name='King Penchuk' timestamp='1300072521' post='2664008']
I will go out of my way to encourage people to only trade with FOK and iFOK.
[/quote]
Indeed it only seems fair to deal with the best of the opponents so I shall personally deal with only FOK and iFOK.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1300072737' post='2664013']
You must misunderstand what I'm saying, because this is like the third time my "dreams" have come true.

The first time was still the funniest though, because of how shocked your leadership was, how mad you all were, and how poorly you fought.
[/quote]
Polaris before Nuclear Polariferation was a pretty sad Polaris indeed.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300060539' post='2663531']
Article 2 clearly states that they are only allowed to do tech deals with the "victorious alliances," and Article 2 has no expiration date. Articles 1 and 2 are redundant, but only Article 1 expires.

Holy !@#$, Polar, this is the biggest flounder ever made in the history of this world. I still can't believe you signed this.
[/quote]
Dude, chill out. Polar is completely free after one month. You are reading more into it than necessary and it's been explained several times. These are ok terms.

Good luck NpO. You fought bravely and honorably.

i dont like surrendering but the terms are definitely reasonable (as i figured from the beginning)

o/polaris
o/rok
o/everyone else who helped

i suppose a few tech deals wont hurt me too much :smug:

oh, and o/fok for being the only alliance to.. do damage to me in the war :awesome: (real damage.. not easily rebuilt damage)

Edited by Roi Loup

Congratulations to all involved.

It was about time to close this war and I'm happy with the terms.

I've much respect for my former NpO opponents, had good wars and a good time chatting
with most of them. Time to move on and rebuild. Thanks and I hope no hard feelings.

Also, respect to iFOK and VE, almost none of my opponents ever got into peace.
Great team work, its been my pleasure to fight this war with you guys.

o/ peace

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1300067908' post='2663890']
No, its literally not there, nor is there anything close to reps here. I implore you to reread.
[/quote]

Yes, it's "literally not there" - I think we both know that. It's implicitly there, in my opinion.