Announcement from VE, PC, Fok, iFOK, MN, and NpO

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1300060972' post='2663560']
It looks like the only way for bill locked nations in Polar to get unbill locked, is to sell tech to The victorious alliances.
[/quote]Or they ignore the [i][b]Victorious Alliances[/b][/i]™ entirely, collect taxes for the thirty days, and pay their bills with the cash we send them at the end of the period. Should be a workable solution given how most, if not all, the bill locked nations are fairly small, which means small bills and fairly quick rebuilding to a decent size.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1300061002' post='2663562']
Of course you'd say that... you were brainwashed by the Victorious Alliances!
[/quote]The [i][b]Victorious Alliances[/b][/i]™ are our new overlords and masters clearly.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1300061049' post='2663564']
Look, okay. The bad wording there does allow VE & friends to, very technically, make a claim that Polar would be a violator of terms when they start aiding again in a month. It would be an obvious fake, but they could get away with it given their current influence. But really, all that would do is resume the current war after having given Polar a chance to regroup. So if they really engineered a peace like that, they are acting against their own interest.

So yeah, the wording isn't perfect, but it's fairly obvious what it means.
[/quote]The only people who are going to regroup are the "victorious alliances." Without aid, Polar is going to be hurting for some time, and I doubt they very much want to do tech deals with VE and friends.

There is absolutely no excuse for such gaping holes in terms between prominent alliances.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1300060931' post='2663557']
By saying that none of the alliances are required to make use of term 2 it means that Polar can simply refuse VE's invoking of term 2. Both alliances would have to accept the deal.
[/quote]
Yes that would seem to be the idea behind the term, but I could definitely see a case being made for only one alliance being needed to want a tech deal. There is no explicit right of refusal in #2, just the optional clause. All I'm really saying here is that the wording could have been better.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1300061108' post='2663571']
Dude, are you serious?

It just means they can only tech deal with US for one month, but they don't even have to do that if they want to.

One. Month.
[/quote]
He won't listen, he's physically incapable of agreeing with anything that makes PB look alright. Even if you had explicitly put in that Article 2 expires when Article 1 does, he'd be ranting about how you missed a comma or something.

Edited by KCToker

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1300061182' post='2663575']
The war is finally over for iFOK. We fought 8 alliances and they all surrendered!
I want to thank all who I fought. And I have to admit, the guys from NpO were the most fun. :)

And thanks to all our allies who helped us :)
[/quote]

iFOK victory tour!

NpO really gave it its all during the war and that should be commended.

[quote name='Divi Filius' timestamp='1300060083' post='2663503']
Although I personally think the month aid restriction is rather silly, I'm otherwise glad to see this war come to an end this way.
NpO has generally put up a good fight and it's been a nice war overall. :)

I do think FOK and NpO should stop meeting this way though, 3 seperate wars against eachother is quite enough for the time being. :P
[/quote]
Would be fun to meet sometime without shooting at each other. I must say though, my opinion of you guys has greatly improved this time.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300061301' post='2663581']
The only people who are going to regroup are the "victorious alliances." Without aid, Polar is going to be hurting for some time, and I doubt they very much want to do tech deals with VE and friends.

There is absolutely no excuse for such gaping holes in terms between prominent alliances.
[/quote]
The only gaping hole is the one in your head. How can you be so dense when people from both sides are saying that the terms expire after one month, period?

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300061090' post='2663567']
I can read. There is no expiration date on the second article, except the one you just magically pulled out of your ass while telling me that [i]I'm[/i] the one who can't read.

I realized that the tech deals were voluntary from the moment I read the terms. But depending on how long you decide to drag out Article 2, you might very well force them into tech dealing, as the only way they can get out of bill lock.

Oh, and sorry if we very well don't trust you to voluntarily release Polar after however many months. PB lost all credibility with their actions in this war. There is no goddamn reason on this planet why anyone [i]should[/i] trust you, you're all dishonest, manipulative swine.
[/quote]
Your e-lawyering is silly and you're making yourself look like a fool, as usual. Consider this a public service announcement out of the goodness of my heart.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1300061339' post='2663585']
Quick question, does anyone know what this war was about again? I feel it's gotten lost somewhere :awesome:
[/quote]

Uh... yeah... we do?

You're a bit slow, aren't you, Rena?

Polaris sent a spy to infiltrate VE. We rolled Polar.

Interesting terms. Basically Polar gets no internal or external help in rebuilding for the next month, except if they want to tech deal with those who granted them peace. Nowhere near as bad as I thought the terms would be, and they have the novelty of being different than I've seen before.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1300061138' post='2663572']
Alright cool. With the verbal diarrhea emanating from HoT's mouth it's difficult to tell what is what. Thanks for clearing it up.

Also, these are pretty fair terms. I'd do the tech deals Polar.
[/quote]
Why would you ever give any credence to anything that comes out of HoT's mouth?

Edited by Voytek

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1300061552' post='2663600']
Uh... yeah... we do?

You're a bit slow, aren't you, Rena?

Polaris sent a spy to infiltrate VE. We rolled Polar.
[/quote]

OK. If you say so!

And on a separate note, at least two of our opponents were good fighters. I hope the rebuilding goes smoothly for all.