Announcement from VE, PC, Fok, iFOK, MN, and NpO

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300060036' post='2663500']
No expiration date? I can't believe Polaris would sign something like this. They just signed on to being an eternal tech farm. Polaris, how goddamn stupid do you have to be to sign something like this?
[/quote]

Shut up. You are embarrassing yourself. Also, good fight FOK and iFOK.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bergerland' timestamp='1300060557' post='2663534']
Apparently you have no reading comprehension so I'll break it down for you.

There is no aid that goes to the NpO for a month except the exceptions made in Article 2. which reads:

Article 2. details what foreign aid is excepted during the [b]one month period[/b] where foreign aid is not allowed. Not only that, it is explicitly stated that the tech deals are voluntary by both parties.
[/quote]
You really expect HeroofTime to just acquiesce and actually admit that the terms he's claiming to read are not the terms that are on paper?

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300060539' post='2663531']
Article 2 clearly states that they are only allowed to do tech deals with the "victorious alliances," and Article 2 has no expiration date. Articles 1 and 2 are redundant, but only Article 1 expires.

Holy !@#$, Polar, this is the biggest flounder ever made in the history of this world. I still can't believe you signed this.
[/quote]
Stop doing this.

Article 2 is only active as long as Article 1 is. Article 2 expires at the same time as Article 1, because Article 2 is only existent to clarify exceptions to Article 1.

Even if somehow Article 1 expired and Article 2 didn't, NpO could just refuse to tech deal with the "Victorious alliances" and tech deal internally or, externally with whoever.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1300060696' post='2663545']
Will Polaris be able to deal tech to non-members of Polaris and non-members of your coalition after one month?
[/quote]
If i read this correctly, then these "terms" only last for 30 days starting today. after 30 days then i BELIEVE theyre free to go.

I could be wrong though

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1300059607' post='2663478']
Well those were some fun two months. Hope to see you again iFOK/FOK. We're destined for each other it seems... :P
[/quote]

Being on an iFOK/FOK target list is definitely bad for a nation's health.

[quote name='Audran' timestamp='1300060610' post='2663538']
How does it get any less ambiguous than saying the aid deals are not required? I know you really want to find a reason to complain about these terms, but you should come up with something better.
[/quote]
Well first, it doesn't say aid deals are not required, it says that none of the alliances are required to make use of Term 2. I could imagine a situation where VE "makes use" of term 2 even though NpO didn't want to tech deal with them. Also, I only complain about terms that have something to complain about in them, hence my statement in regards to Impero's post where he lays everything out in a much more clear manner.

Congratulations to the [i][b]Victorious Alliances[/b][/i]â„¢ on their successful efforts to obtain peace.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1300059603' post='2663476']May you reload quickly.[/quote]Your support of the Polar war effort is appreciated, but unnecessary. We are prepared to accept the [i][b]Victorious Alliances[/b][/i]â„¢ peace initiatives.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300060036' post='2663500']No expiration date? I can't believe Polaris would sign something like this. They just signed on to being an eternal tech farm. Polaris, how goddamn stupid do you have to be to sign something like this?[/quote]The one month provision in the first clause is binding for all economic terms.

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1300060812' post='2663553']
Well first, it doesn't say aid deals are not required, it says that none of the alliances are required to make use of Term 2. I could imagine a situation where VE "makes use" of term 2 even though NpO didn't want to tech deal with them. Also, I only complain about terms that have something to complain about in them, hence my statement in regards to Impero's post where he lays everything out in a much more clear manner.
[/quote]
By saying that none of the alliances are required to make use of term 2 it means that Polar can simply refuse VE's invoking of term 2. Both alliances would have to accept the deal.

Article 2 clearly states that they are only allowed to do tech deals with the "victorious alliances," and Article 2 has no expiration date. Articles 1 and 2 are redundant, but only Article 1 expires.

Holy !@#$, Polar, this is the biggest flounder ever made in the history of this world. I still can't believe you signed this.
[/quote]
Well, if you really want to be paranoid with this:

Article 1 expires in one month. Article 2 is optional. After one month, they can just choose to not do option 2 ever again.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1300060227' post='2663514']
First off congrats to Polar

Secondly, i have a question. what about nations who are bill locked? Do they get any kind of aid so they can fix this then partake in said tech deals?
[/quote]

It looks like the only way for bill locked nations in Polar to get unbill locked, is to sell tech to The victorious alliances.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1300060920' post='2663556']
Congratulations to the [i][b]Victorious Alliances[/b][/i]â„¢ on their successful efforts to obtain peace.

Your support of the Polar war effort is appreciated, but unnecessary. We are prepared to accept the [i][b]Victorious Alliances[/b][/i]â„¢ peace initiatives.

The one month provision in the first clause is binding for all economic terms.
[/quote]
Of course you'd say that... you were brainwashed by the Victorious Alliances!

[/quote]

Look, okay. The bad wording there does allow VE & friends to, very technically, make a claim that Polar would be a violator of terms when they start aiding again in a month. It would be an obvious fake, but they could get away with it given their current influence. But really, all that would do is resume the current war after having given Polar a chance to regroup. So if they really engineered a peace like that, they are acting against their own interest.

So yeah, the wording isn't perfect, but it's fairly obvious what it means.

Edited by Letum

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1300060783' post='2663551']
If i read this correctly, then these "terms" only last for 30 days starting today. after 30 days then i BELIEVE theyre free to go.

I could be wrong though
[/quote]
BINGO! We have a winner!!

It was a pleasure to fight you fok/ifok. If you keep DoWing us though, I might begin to think you have a crush on us :P

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1300060972' post='2663560']
It looks like the only way for bill locked nations in Polar to get unbill locked, is to sell tech to The victorious alliances.
[/quote]
That is actually a fair point, and probably one of the only problems with the terms (that is if they don't grant some sort of exception to bill locked nations).

[quote name='Bergerland' timestamp='1300060557' post='2663534']
Apparently you have no reading comprehension so I'll break it down for you.

There is no aid that goes to the NpO for a month except the exceptions made in Article 2. which reads:

Article 2. details what foreign aid is excepted during the [b]one month period[/b] where foreign aid is not allowed. Not only that, it is explicitly stated that the tech deals are voluntary by both parties.
[/quote]
I can read. There is no expiration date on the second article, except the one you just magically pulled out of your ass while telling me that [i]I'm[/i] the one who can't read.

I realized that the tech deals were voluntary from the moment I read the terms. But depending on how long you decide to drag out Article 2, you might very well force them into tech dealing, as the only way they can get out of bill lock.

Oh, and sorry if we very well don't trust you to voluntarily release Polar after however many months. PB lost all credibility with their actions in this war. There is no goddamn reason on this planet why anyone [i]should[/i] trust you, you're all dishonest, manipulative swine.

[/quote]

Dude, are you serious?

It just means they can only tech deal with US for one month, but they don't even have to do that if they want to.

One. Month.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1300060750' post='2663548']
Yes, after one month.
[/quote]

Alright cool. With the verbal diarrhea emanating from HoT's mouth it's difficult to tell what is what. Thanks for clearing it up.

Also, these are pretty fair terms. I'd do the tech deals Polar.