Announcement from VE, PC, Fok, iFOK, MN, and NpO

Although I personally think the month aid restriction is rather silly, I'm otherwise glad to see this war come to an end this way.
NpO has generally put up a good fight and it's been a nice war overall. :)

I do think FOK and NpO should stop meeting this way though, 3 seperate wars against eachother is quite enough for the time being. :P

Edited by Divi Filius

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a fun one, thanks for the fight NpO. Some of you were quite skilled, a couple unfortunately weren't, but on a whole it was a very entertaining war.

Here's to peace, to our allies in VE, and to the rest of those we fought alongside!

[quote name='Bergerland' timestamp='1300059976' post='2663496']
What are you talking about? It ends when the no aid clause ends and the tech deals are completely voluntary, not mandatory.
[/quote]
So the NpO are allowed to refuse to do tech deals with VE et all?

[quote name='Bergerland' timestamp='1300059976' post='2663496']
What are you talking about? It ends when the no aid clause ends and the tech deals are completely voluntary, not mandatory.
[/quote]No, it doesn't end. How you managed to convince Polaris that it does end, is beyond me.

The only term with an expiration date is Article 1. Article 2, along with the rest of the terms, are eternal.

I can't believe that these terms were allowed to pass by Polaris.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300060036' post='2663500']
No expiration date? I can't believe Polaris would sign something like this. They just signed on to being an eternal tech farm. Polaris, how goddamn stupid do you have to be to sign something like this?
[/quote]
I know it's hard for everyone to read, but...

[quote]The New Polar Order surrenders to the alliances of the Viridian Entente, Poison Clan, FOK, iFOK, and Misfit Nations (hereafter known as the Victorious Alliances), and agrees to the following terms:

1. The New Polar Order may not send foreign aid of any type, internally or externally, for a period one month unless where excepted by Article 2.

[b]2. The only foreign aid the New Polar Order may send or receive will be between members of the New Polar Order and the Victorious Alliances, via tech deals at a rate to be determined.[/b] Neither the New Polar Order nor the Victorious Alliances are required to utilize this exception.

2(a). [b]The New Polar Order will be permitted to send 50% of The reparations owed by The Killer Turtle Brigade to Seaworthy Liberian Cardboard Boxes. Aid which falls under this exception may only be in the form of outgoing packages, and may either consist of technology or monetary payments.[/b] For the period provided by Article 1, the New Polar Order may not receive any aid packages in return for that which is sent by them in furtherance of this exception.[/quote]

You realize that it hasn't been fleshed out between the NpO and the Victorious Alliances, right? You're reading far far too much into this.

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1300060140' post='2663507']
[/quote]

[Quote]2. The only foreign aid the New Polar Order may send or receive will be between members of the New Polar Order and the Victorious Alliances, via tech deals at a rate to be determined. [b]Neither the New Polar Order nor the Victorious Alliances are required to utilize this exception.[/b][/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1300060353' post='2663521']
For those of you that can't read, there is a time period for the reps. Read article one. It's "a period of one month".
[/quote]
Oh they can read... they just read what they want to see and not the reality we all see.

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1300060140' post='2663507']
[/quote]

Yes. There are no reps or forced tech deals, only a 1 month prohibition on sending or receiving aid, save the exceptions, one of which allows them to tech deal with the victorious alliances if they so choose. Article 1 states that it qualifies the exceptions in Article 2, and is therefore their duration. Otherwise (i.e. if they don't choose to take advantage of the exceptions in Art. 2), the terms are only a blanket prohibition on aid for 1 month, and no reentry.

[quote name='Bergerland' timestamp='1300060299' post='2663520']
Yes.
[/quote]
K, just making sure. The wording of it all is pretty ambiguous in that just because neither is required to tech deal doesn't mean that NpO can't be forced to by Ve et all invoking term 2.

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1300060353' post='2663521']
For those of you that can't read, there is a time period for the reps. Read article one. It's "a period of one month".
[/quote]
Article 2 clearly states that they are only allowed to do tech deals with the "victorious alliances," and Article 2 has no expiration date. Articles 1 and 2 are redundant, but only Article 1 expires.

Holy !@#$, Polar, this is the biggest flounder ever made in the history of this world. I still can't believe you signed this.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1300060435' post='2663527']
Yes. There are no reps or forced tech deals, only a 1 month prohibition on sending or receiving aid, save the exceptions, one of which allows them to tech deal with the victorious alliances if they so choose. Article 1 states that it qualifies the exceptions in Article 2, and is therefore their duration. Otherwise (i.e. if they don't choose to take advantage of the exceptions in Art. 2), the terms are only a blanket prohibition on aid for 1 month, and no reentry.
[/quote]
Not the best terms, but certainly not the worst either. I can respect this.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300060242' post='2663515']
No, it doesn't end. How you managed to convince Polaris that it does end, is beyond me.

The only term with an expiration date is Article 1. Article 2, along with the rest of the terms, are eternal.

I can't believe that these terms were allowed to pass by Polaris.
[/quote]

Apparently you have no reading comprehension so I'll break it down for you.

[QUOTE]1. The New Polar Order may not send foreign aid of any type, internally or externally, for a period one month unless where excepted by Article 2.[/QUOTE]

There is no aid that goes to the NpO for a month except the exceptions made in Article 2. which reads:

[QUOTE]2. The only foreign aid the New Polar Order may send or receive will be between members of the New Polar Order and the Victorious Alliances, via tech deals at a rate to be determined. Neither the New Polar Order nor the Victorious Alliances are required to utilize this exception.[/QUOTE]

Article 2. details what foreign aid is excepted during the [b]one month period[/b] where foreign aid is not allowed. Not only that, it is explicitly stated that the tech deals are voluntary by both parties.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1300060435' post='2663527']
[/quote]
But we can't trust you! You're on the winning side! :v:

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1300060470' post='2663528']
K, just making sure. The wording of it all is pretty ambiguous in that just because neither is required to tech deal doesn't mean that NpO can't be forced to by Ve et all invoking term 2.
[/quote]

How does it get any less ambiguous than saying the aid deals are not required? I know you really want to find a reason to complain about these terms, but you should come up with something better.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300060539' post='2663531']
Article 2 clearly states that they are only allowed to do tech deals with the "victorious alliances," and Article 2 has no expiration date. Articles 1 and 2 are redundant, but only Article 1 expires.

Holy !@#$, Polar, this is the biggest flounder ever made in the history of this world. I still can't believe you signed this.
[/quote]
Are you joking or what? Article 2 is an exception to Article 1, it says so in Article 1. Article 2 pertains only to Article 1, wherein the time limit is clearly stated.