Nordreich Kaiserlich Decree

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299223716' post='2652239']
Glad to know somebody is actually doing some fighting, although it does little to explain what's going on between NV and WF.

"Winding down"? They've been completely at peace for a month!
[/quote]

I think you should go read the NoR/wf peace again.

Edited by Antoine Roquentin

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299223438' post='2652230']
Very clearly an agreement has been made, I'd have to know what your definition of formal is. If alliance leaders meet and say "let's not attack each other anymore", that seems like it could be seen as a formal agreement. Either that is what has happened or the memberships of WF and NV have revolted and refuse to fight one another, which is an equally bizarre possibility.
[/quote]

Or VE is the puppet master and turning wF into another OV which they had to coup and put back Sethb when they were to disband to get every drop of blood tech from Pacifica. Maybe they need more blood tech from NV or they just want to demoralize Polaris and cause them to fold.

Edited by Zeta Defender

[quote name='Zeta Defender' timestamp='1299223835' post='2652243']
Or VE is the puppet master and turning wF into another OV which they had to coup and put back Sethb when they were to disband to get every drop of blood tech from Pacifica. Maybe they need more blood tech from NV or they just want to demoralize Polaris and cause them to fold.
[/quote]

Damn, can't sneak anything past you.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1299223769' post='2652241']
I think you should go read the NoR/wf peace again.
[/quote]

"*Addendum: As NV and wF is a separate conflict, they shall remain at war and will negotiate their peace separately."

At the time those terms were posted, NV and WF (why is the W lower-case, it makes no sense) were already at peace and have remained at peace for the month since then. So why didn't they just announce the peace alongside the rest? Why would you bother pointing out "oh btw NV and WF are still at war" when they aren't in any way?

It isn't that they forgot to announce the peace, it was deliberately stated that the two remained at war when that was very clearly not the case, and I am completely baffled as to why.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Vladimir Nikanor' timestamp='1299223698' post='2652237']
Would you rather be an opportunist or an in-opportunist?
[/quote]

An in-opportunist, since I never take advantage of any opportunity to achieve an end, regardless of the sacrifice of principles . Two things that I keep with love and care: my principles and my grudges.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1299224234' post='2652252']
An in-opportunist, since I never take advantage of any opportunity to achieve an end, regardless of the sacrifice of principles . Two things that I keep with love and care: my principles and my grudges.
[/quote]
Not saying I disagree with you; merely asking. That's all from me

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1299224234' post='2652252']
[/quote]
You're a stronger man than I if you hold this true. I hope you'll forgive me for being cynical until you have a chance to prove me wrong.

[quote name='Zeta Defender' timestamp='1299223835' post='2652243']
[/quote]

...What?

[quote name='ShotgunWilly' timestamp='1299217508' post='2652096']
I'll give you guys that there's no violation when you take the literal meaning of the document. It's still a violation of the spirit of the surrender and a loophole, by definition no less.
[/quote]
[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1299217130' post='2652070']
They got in by exploiting a loophole and violating the treaty to their withdraw? Classy x2.
[/quote]
[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1299216831' post='2652051']
Damn it.. It screams loophole or in this case, "we can still hit NPO"... <_<
[/quote]
There's quite a few more quotes I could throw in here from both sides. This isn't even close to a loophole. NoR signed this with 'the other side'. The document clearly says that they can't enter in defense of NPO and I don't think the spirit of the document means anything other than just that.

If NoR entered in defense of NPO but declared on an alliance not directly engaged with NPO I'd say it was a loophole but in this case there's no reason for wF to make them sign anything that doesn't allow them to hit NPO or its allies.

[quote name='mikk206' timestamp='1299224603' post='2652260']
Gosh I could have sworn that GOONS and MK were already boosting that they have already won the war. Now they needed to bring in NoR. :lol1:
[/quote]

Yeah, we were totally boosting.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299221313' post='2652195']
Well that seems somewhat odd on your part to leave the war 5 days before NV did. It seems doubly odd for NV not to mind that you intended to swap sides. They've surrendered now though I guess so it was really only STA who got screwed.
[/quote]
[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299221996' post='2652211']
Well STA, the ally NV entered to defend, is still heavily engaged with WF. NV may be nominally at war with WF but very evidently they have completely abandoned the war effort.

I've never even heard of such a thing happening before, it's quite absurd. Why has a formal peace agreement not been announced, when NV and WF are at peace already in every way, and have been since [i]before[/i] NV surrendered to that other group?
[/quote]

This is getting tiresome.

As has been stated several times in this announcement, all of this was explained in an earlier blog post of mine.

To recap:

[quote]First, it is true that we never really considered that conflict to be 'our' war. [b]While we did not show any hesitation with respect to supporting Nueva Vida through activation of the 'oA' portion of our treaty, from almost the beginning of our intervention it was clear that Nueva Vida felt much as we did.[/b] The reality is that enthusiasm for any war is less than total when one's alliance is the fourth or fifth link on a very long chain.

[b]Two days before our agreement with wF was reached, we entered into a ceasefire agreement[/b] pending what we expected to be reasonably simple negotiations.

We tried very hard to get peace for that entire front, but one alliance whom I shall not name dug in its heels so hard that progress for the group as a whole was impossible. [b]Nueva Vida gave us their blessing to exit the conflict along with World Federation.[/b] That is why in the wF/NoR thread one did not see any complaints coming from Nueva Vida.[/quote]

I posted this....what....two weeks ago? (I've 'bolded' some parts you may wish to read more closely.)

As I've noted elsewhere, it seems that all you're doing is being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse, and contrary for the sake of being contrary. That is certainly your right, but please, please, please stop spouting the same nonsense long after it's been proven to be incorrect, irrelevant or otherwise pointless.

You're not alone in the 'Just Not Getting It' club, so this isn't merely directed at you. Frankly, I'm quite simply amazed that people who read that blog entry spent so much time looking for 'hidden meanings' that they either ignored or failed to notice what it stated quite clearly.

[quote name='VladimirLenin' timestamp='1299224804' post='2652263']
Sure shows what a cluster$%&@ the treaty web is when INT and NoR are fighting on the same front. :wacko:
[/quote]

I take it you weren't around for Bi-Polar.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1299224713' post='2652262']
Yeah, we were totally boosting.
[/quote]

Whatever works for you, I guess. I happen to think [url="http://www.boost.com/"]that stuff[/url] is disgusting.

Edited by Ashoka the Great

Every explanation I can dream up for NV-WF situation is filled with contradictions and utterly bizarre.

If they had agreed to peace (informally maybe), why bother making an exception in the surrender terms, why not just list them at a state of peace with WF?
If they hadn't/haven't agreed to peace, why aren't they fighting?

The only thing I can imagine is that NV originally intended to do more fighting after their surrender to everyone else, but suffered some kind of internal collapse that has rendered them unable to function, and WF hasn't bothered to nudge their body. But that's absurd.

edit: Ashoka, what I get from your blog is that NV and NoR alike didn't really feel like fighting a war so you fought for a round or two with a small opponent and then agreed to a ceasefire. That doesn't really shed light on why NV and WF have not signed a formal peace agreement.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='VladimirLenin' timestamp='1299224804' post='2652263']
Sure shows what a cluster$%&@ the treaty web is when INT and NoR are fighting on the same front. :wacko:
[/quote]

[img]http://s2.hubimg.com/u/274837_f520.jpg[/img]

Hey there. How's it going? Doing alright? Feelin' okay? Good, good. Just checkin' on you guys

[quote name='Vladimir Nikanor' timestamp='1299225041' post='2652268']
[img]http://s2.hubimg.com/u/274837_f520.jpg[/img]

Hey there. How's it going? Doing alright? Feelin' okay? Good, good. Just checkin' on you guys
[/quote]

Doing excellent. Dancing the nuclear two step with your comrades.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299225033' post='2652267']
Every explanation I can dream up for NV-WF situation is filled with contradictions and utterly bizarre.[/quote]

Try not coming up with your own explanation, then.

[quote]Ashoka, is that the same blog where you said "Until DT is given peace with no terms, Nordreich cannot enter this war"?[/quote]

Please see below, especially the part where I proclaim my true sovereign power over Nordreich.

[quote name='Nemhauser' timestamp='1299223567' post='2652233']
Zog's blog is independent and not an official Nordreich government announcement.
[/quote]

Nonsense, my Kaiser. I am the true puppet-master. I am he before whom the seas part and the womenfolk faint.

The fact that I haven't held any kind of official position in NoR's government for months should only be interpreted as further evidence of how great my powers truly are.

Ummm....and that's OK, right? Sir?

Edited by Ashoka the Great

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1299225161' post='2652269']
Doing excellent. Dancing the nuclear two step with your comrades.
[/quote]
See the way I look at this, it's a win/win. If I don't get nuked into oblivion well....well the pros are obvious.

BUT! If I [b]AM[/b] nuked into the 9th Circle of Hell, I am going to save MILLIONS on my electricity bills. Now my citizens (all what, 5 of them?) won't have to turn on their lights to see in the dark! The omnipresent green glow will keep their houses (what's left of them) lit at night! [size="1"]It will also give them terminal cancer, but hey....low bills right?[/size]

I don't know why we didn't think of this earlier! [size="1"]Oh that's right, we're not bat-!@#$ crazy! [/size]

[quote name='Vladimir Nikanor' timestamp='1299225480' post='2652272']
See the way I look at this, it's a win/win. If I don't get nuked into oblivion well....well the pros are obvious.

BUT! If I [b]AM[/b] nuked into the 9th Circle of Hell, I am going to save MILLIONS on my electricity bills. Now my citizens (all what, 5 of them?) won't have to turn on their lights to see in the dark! The omnipresent green glow will keep their houses (what's left of them) lit at night! [size="1"]It will also give them terminal cancer, but hey....low bills right?[/size]

I don't know why we didn't think of this earlier! [size="1"]Oh that's right, we're not bat-!@#$ crazy! [/size]
[/quote]

We aren't? WTF have you been?

[quote name='ratonbox' timestamp='1299218178' post='2652118']
I fail to see how this is a surprise to anyone. Zog's blog is one of the most followed and any person that actually wants to know what's going on on planet Bob will eventually read it. He even said that we were going to enter for FAN against NPO... Meh..

Anyway, this not about about a grudge or a war... it's for our friend that got taken from us. O/ TvM
[/quote]

:ph34r:

And NPO is responsbl for that how?

OOC: I am sory for the los of your frend. The los of one afects al and can not be replacd.