Nordreich Kaiserlich Decree

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1299220997' post='2652186']
Is nice to see that the best thing you found to argue about is the word that I chose. :laugh:
[/quote]
It's absolutely none of my business if they're over Vietfan or not. If they are then more power to them, they've done better than i would have. I just find it bemusing that someone who whinges whenever someone pisses in polars cereal can be so cavalier about a grievance that's actually justifiable.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299221656' post='2652205']
I'm not sure what you're smoking, but Nueva Vida has no active wars, and the last war they have on record with WF was in January.
[/quote]

I said involved and not another word for a reason. There has not been an official close to their end of that front.

[quote name='mythicknight' timestamp='1299221325' post='2652196']
So you'll be fine when Polar is kept at war for two years. Good to know.
[/quote]

No I wont, I'd be butt hurt too, but at least I'll not come to OWF saying that me and my alliance moved from the past when they clearly didn't move.

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1299221715' post='2652207']
It's absolutely none of my business if they're over Vietfan or not. If they are then more power to them, they've done better than i would have. I just find it bemusing that someone who whinges whenever someone pisses in polars cereal can be so cavalier about a grievance that's actually justifiable.
[/quote]

Your problem is that you should read what I'm saying before "vomit" a reply, I was not questioning FAN or their reasons for their attack against NPO, but the fact that a FAN member is saying that they moved from the past, what actually is a big lie.

Edited by D34th

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1299221781' post='2652209']
I said involved and not another word for a reason. There has not been an official close to their end of that front.
[/quote]

Well STA, the ally NV entered to defend, is still heavily engaged with WF. NV may be nominally at war with WF but very evidently they have completely abandoned the war effort.

I've never even heard of such a thing happening before, it's quite absurd. Why has a formal peace agreement not been announced, when NV and WF are at peace already in every way, and have been since [i]before[/i] NV surrendered to that other group?

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299221996' post='2652211']
Well STA, the ally NV entered to defend, is still [b]heavily [/b]engaged with WF. NV may be nominally at war with WF but very evidently they have completely abandoned the war effort.

I've never even heard of such a thing happening before, it's quite absurd. Why has a formal peace agreement not been announced, when NV and WF are at peace already in every way, and have been since [i]before[/i] NV surrendered to that other group?
[/quote]

Heavily is a strong word.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1299222460' post='2652219']
Heavily is a strong word.
[/quote]

An 114 man alliance with 50 active wars. I'll grant that they aren't fighting a total war here, but you can't possibly argue that they aren't significantly engaged.

You completely dodged my post except for one adjective that was perhaps slightly exaggerated. Nueva Vida has very obviously surrendered or agreed to a permanent ceasefire with World Federation, but why haven't they announced it?

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1299217416' post='2652086']
Help FAN in a offensive war against NPO over past grudges without any treaty to back it up when one of the main reasons for FAN being rolled by NPO was their attack against the 1st NoR is really ironic and sad.

I never thought that you guys were bandwagoners, I'm disappointed with such behavior coming from an alliance that I respected. :facepalm:
[/quote]
Honestly I agree with everything about this post except the conclusion. As a member of the grudge-holding-ist alliance on the face of Planet Bob I can really get behind their reasoning here. We should talk things out, NoR, I really think we have a lot in common. I mean, we're both real politicking revenge-based warmongering my idols. Just be honest with yourselves about who you are and we should get along like best friends.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299222725' post='2652221']
An 114 man alliance with 50 active wars. I'll grant that they aren't fighting a total war here, but you can't possibly argue that they aren't significantly engaged.

You completely dodged my post except for one adjective that was perhaps slightly exaggerated.
[/quote]

There wasn't anything else to respond to, though that word does have an impact on how one should properly view the situation. Other then that, you made a statement, and your perfectly entitled to your opinion.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299222725' post='2652221']

You completely dodged my post except for one adjective that was perhaps slightly exaggerated. Nueva Vida has very obviously surrendered or agreed to a permanent ceasefire with World Federation, but why haven't they announced it?
[/quote]

114x6=692

50/692=7.2%

"heavily engaged"

TBH, this may have been discussed 6 pages back but:

[quote]Nordreich shall refrain from committing any further acts of warfare upon any alliance who is engaged in combat with the New Polar Order or the New Pacific Order, [b]or any collateral alliance who has declared war, by whatever means[/b], in support of aforementioned combatants or in support of any party who has entered into conflict in support of those same combatants.[/quote]

Technically e-lawyering the bolded part, the New Pacific Order has declared in war by the whatever means being being acknowledgment of the DH, FAN DoW. Even those the NPO is at the center of the conflict, as it is a defensive war on the second front of the VE-Polar war, it would be considered a collateral alliance. So my 2 Cents is NoR is in violation of terms set forth by wF. Up to wF if they want to do something about it.

from Ashoka's blog:

[Quote]
This is clearly an attempt -- by individuals hostile to Nordreich -- to undermine our ability to defend ourselves from counter-attacks if we enter this war. We cannot tolerate this kind of double-dealing, and frankly we cannot understand why other alliances involved in this conflict will put up with it.

We are not their meatshields. We will not expose ourselves to die when we have friends who would be more than willing to defend us. The only people who would gain from such an occurrence are those who hate us; those who, incidentally, would be fighting alongside us in this conflict.

[b]Until DT is given peace with no terms, Nordreich cannot enter this war.[/b]
[/Quote]

Good to know that NoR doesn't actually mean what they say the first time around.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1299222877' post='2652223']
There wasn't anything else to respond to, though that word does have an impact on how one should properly view the situation. Other then that, you made a statement, and your perfectly entitled to your opinion.
[/quote]

As an ally of both alliances, presumably you are aware of the intricacies of the situation. So enlighten me, why has Nueva Vida's surrender (or peace agreement, whatever) been kept secret? I honestly cannot fathom why.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299223095' post='2652228']
As an ally of both alliances, presumably you are aware of the intricacies of the situation. So enlighten me, why has Nueva Vida's surrender (or peace agreement, whatever) been kept secret? I honestly cannot fathom why.
[/quote]

No surrender or formal peace agreement has been made, therefore it cannot be kept secret.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1299223022' post='2652225']
114x6=692

50/692=7.2%

"heavily engaged"
[/quote]

365*6 = 2190
280/2190 = 12.8%

Those are the numbers for NpO, the center of the war. So while its true that WF is not fighting to their fullest capacity, they are significantly engaged relative to the war they are a part of.

Seriously, are any of you fighting a real war? :huh:

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1299223261' post='2652229']
No surrender or formal peace agreement has been made, therefore it cannot be kept secret.
[/quote]

Very clearly an agreement has been made, I'd have to know what your definition of formal is. If alliance leaders meet and say "let's not attack each other anymore", that seems like it could be seen as a formal agreement. Either that is what has happened or the memberships of WF and NV have revolted and refuse to fight one another, which is an equally bizarre possibility.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299223438' post='2652230']
365*6 = 2190
280/2190 = 12.8%

Those are the numbers for NpO, the center of the war. So while its true that WF is not fighting to their fullest capacity, they are significantly engaged relative to the war they are a part of.

[/quote]

325*6=1950

1307/1950=67%

Yes.

(that's GOONS)

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1299223083' post='2652227']
from Ashoka's blog:

Good to know that NoR doesn't actually mean what they say the first time around.
[/quote]
Zog's blog is independent and not an official Nordreich government announcement.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1299222784' post='2652222']
Honestly I agree with everything about this post except the conclusion. As a member of the grudge-holding-ist alliance on the face of Planet Bob I can really get behind their reasoning here. We should talk things out, NoR, I really think we have a lot in common. I mean, we're both real politicking revenge-based warmongering my idols. Just be honest with yourselves about who you are and we should get along like best friends.
[/quote]

I have no problems with people who hold grudges, I for example hold my grudges with love and care. That said, I don't agree/like/support bandwagoners/opportunists and thats exactly what FAN became when they waited someone else(DH) declare war on NPO to only then attack too and that's exactly what NoR is being since they are supporting FAN: bandwagoners and opportunists.

365*6 = 2190
280/2190 = 12.8%

[/quote]

It's complicated. Lets just leave it as that.
And we're still at war with NV.

Edited by Enrage

[quote name='Zeta Defender' timestamp='1299223082' post='2652226']
Technically e-lawyering the bolded part, the New Pacific Order has declared in war by the whatever means being being acknowledgment of the DH, FAN DoW. Even those the NPO is at the center of the conflict, as it is a defensive war on the second front of the VE-Polar war, it would be considered a collateral alliance. So my 2 Cents is NoR is in violation of terms set forth by wF. Up to wF if they want to do something about it.
[/quote]
Yeah but not one that is in "support of any party who has entered into"... seriously who wrote this document? Next time, could you please just say "NoV cannot enter on the NpO or NPO side of the war." It shouldn't require this many words to convey that statement.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1299223582' post='2652234']
I have no problems with people who hold grudges, I for example hold my grudges with love and care. That said, I don't agree/like/support bandwagoners/opportunists and thats exactly what FAN became when they waited someone else(DH) declare war on NPO to only then attack too and that's exactly what NoR is being since they are supporting FAN: bandwagoners and opportunists.
[/quote]

Would you rather be an opportunist or an in-opportunist?

365*6 = 2190
280/2190 = 12.8%

[/quote]

Well, since you asked:

[u]Aggressive Wars[/u]

1320 total wars
139 Active
1 Peace
1155 Expired
6 Expired (Peace)

We sure are (that's the highest offensive output out of anyone who is/has been in the war). But, understand, some other fronts are winding down. That's all your noticing on the NV/WF/STA front, nothing sinister.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1299223526' post='2652232']
325*6=1950

1307/1950=67%

Yes.

(that's GOONS)
[/quote]

Glad to know somebody is actually doing some fighting, although it does little to explain what's going on between NV and WF.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1299223701' post='2652238']
But, understand, some other fronts are winding down. That's all your noticing on the NV/WF/STA front, nothing sinister.
[/quote]

"Winding down"? They've been completely at peace for a month!

Edited by Lord Brendan

Most of the people in this thread should study to become lawyers, they seem to be good at the e-lawyer posture. Simply put, FAN asked for assistance from Nordreich, being the good allies that we are... we obliged. How difficult is this to understand?

That all said, I will say this... I harbor personally, no bad feelings for Pacifica and my assigned targets will be receiving no such messages in any way contrary to this statement. War is war. It's not personal for myself. Despite the history between our previous entities and themselves (I was gov in first NoR and NoV), c'est la vie.

Regards,
Cuba