CSN/DT/Legacy/LoSS/R&R Peace Agreement

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299633236' post='2657273']
Let's zoom in for a closer look!

Reps are reps are reps. Period. You made an alliance you defeated pay you reparations, and based on your two claims that A) An alliance who demands reps from another deserves to have reps demanded of them at some point in the future, and B) That reps are bad "regardless of the amount", we can conclude that C) The reps you demanded of others are, in your eyes, just as bad as the reps CSN demanded of DT, and therefore, D) DT deserved to have reparations levied upon it, CSN was not in the wrong, and justice has been served.

It's simple, really. I'm just using your own arguments against you.
[/quote]

reps are reps sure. tech deals are tech deals. learn your !@#$. the rest of your argument is useless since you are completely ignorant of everything as usual.

Edited by Dochartaigh

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299633236' post='2657273']
Let's zoom in for a closer look!

Reps are reps are reps. Period. You made an alliance you defeated pay you reparations, and based on your two claims that A) An alliance who demands reps from another deserves to have reps demanded of them at some point in the future, and B) That reps are bad "regardless of the amount", we can conclude that C) The reps you demanded of others are, in your eyes, just as bad as the reps CSN demanded of DT, and therefore, D) DT deserved to have reparations levied upon it, CSN was not in the wrong, and justice has been served.

It's simple, really. I'm just using your own arguments against you.
[/quote]

except you've literally put your argument into a never-ending cycle of reps begetting reps and either you're too retarded to notice or you think you can cover it up by saying "justice has been served" as if that's the end of it.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1299643003' post='2657446']
reps are reps sure. tech deals are tech deals. learn your !@#$. the rest of your argument is useless since you are completely ignorant of everything as usual.
[/quote]

They were reps. This is literally a fact and is not debatable in any way. Money or tech paid by a defeated alliance to aid the rebuild of the victor (or punitive reps like the kind DT got) are reparations. Period. End of story. And like [b]you[/b] said, "reps are reps" [b]no matter how bad they are[/b].

Sorry, but you can't just change definitions to give DT exceptions. That's not how it works.

[quote]except you've literally put your argument into a never-ending cycle of reps begetting reps and either you're too retarded to notice or you think you can cover it up by saying "justice has been served" as if that's the end of it. [/quote]

I'm not sure. I'm just using Doch's arguments here, and from what I can gather, he thinks that DT would be justified in getting a high amount of reps in the future from CSN and then ending the cycle there. He seems to operate on the assumption that CSN was the first to ask for reps, when in reality, DT demanded reps first. Therefore, according to his argument, it's *CSN* who's justified in taking reparations from DT. Presumably, since what CSN is doing is justified, there would be no reason for reps to be asked of CSN in the future. Unless Doch has been arguing that after DT gets reps from CSN, someone else can in turn get reps from DT... which I doubt he was suggesting.

Just using *DOCH's* logic. Not mine.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1299394839' post='2654205']
As a demonstration of my intellectual superiority over you allow me to dispel a common myth.

Its not actually possible to swallow your own tongue. In case you didn't notice its kind of attached. It is possible with a sever enough allergic reaction for the tongue to swell up enough to block the airway, however this is obviously not the same thing.
[/quote]
My roommate (why I share my nation's throneroom, I do not know) is bemused as to why I'm chuckling at my screen . . .

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299424815' post='2654428']
So making SSSW18 pay reps opened the door for CSN to ask for reps? So it's OK now?
[/quote]
In my eyes, reps are always extortion when requested by the attacking party. I do not remember how we entered that war, but I remember being slightly upset with those terms.
That being said, I do not see how mandated tech deals for a significantly smaller amount, a measure that benefits both parties, is comparable to what CsN was requesting in any way other than "well, they're both technically reparations, right mag?"

To address the reparations from SSSW18 in Karma, I do believe it's because they broke a non-nuclear agreement. However if you guys look at the terms, they weren't reps at all. DT was rebuilding SSSW18 which had a large supply of small nations. All we did was make them sell tech to us at the usual 3mil 100tech rate. DT forced SSSW18 to accept aid from us, OH MY GOD! That's so oppressive!

Anyone thinking DT ever forced any reps on SSSW18, or anyone else for that matter, is clearly looking through tainted glass.

To add, how CSN is right for demanding reps in the first place will forever confuse me. Defending allies is not a reason to punished, but it's too late, and CSN is unintelligent, so we will go on, as we give CSN back 10k of the tech we destroyed. DT will rebuild, and then some, and life will go on.

Edited by Fort Pitt

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1299694232' post='2657810']
I had a fair amount of contact with SSSW18 during the Karma war, and I have to say I never heard anything bad from them about their treatment by DT.[/quote]

Perhaps because DT actually indirectly [i]helped[/i] SSSW18 to rebuild?

The same cannot be said about what CSN did here.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1299701314' post='2657873']
This isn't going away anytime soon, Gibs.
[/quote]
I mean the thread... I don't honestly care about people mad at us or anything. I'm mainly just annoyed watching the same stupid arguments here.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1299701511' post='2657875']
I mean the thread... I don't honestly care about people mad at us or anything. I'm mainly just annoyed watching the same stupid arguments here.
[/quote]
I hear that...if DT didnt like it they shouldnt of agreed to it, if their allies didnt like it, they should of stepped in to help them.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1299701703' post='2657876']
I hear that...if DT didnt like it they shouldnt of agreed to it, if their allies didnt like it, they should of stepped in to help them.
[/quote]

I don't think that's the case...we're still being hounded about the reps and past terms.

The war is over, the reps should be starting soon. I don't see what the big deal is.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299678697' post='2657726']
They were reps. This is literally a fact and is not debatable in any way. Money or tech paid by a defeated alliance to aid the rebuild of the victor (or punitive reps like the kind DT got) are reparations. Period. End of story. And like [b]you[/b] said, "reps are reps" [b]no matter how bad they are[/b].

Sorry, but you can't just change definitions to give DT exceptions. That's not how it works.

I'm not sure. I'm just using Doch's arguments here, and from what I can gather, he thinks that DT would be justified in getting a high amount of reps in the future from CSN and then ending the cycle there. He seems to operate on the assumption that CSN was the first to ask for reps, when in reality, DT demanded reps first. Therefore, according to his argument, it's *CSN* who's justified in taking reparations from DT. Presumably, since what CSN is doing is justified, there would be no reason for reps to be asked of CSN in the future. Unless Doch has been arguing that after DT gets reps from CSN, someone else can in turn get reps from DT... which I doubt he was suggesting.

Just using *DOCH's* logic. Not mine.
[/quote]

actually you are using yours. not mine. reps are things that are unpaid for. like the 5k tech we have to give to CSN for free. tech deals are paid for. like the tech deals DT did with SSSW18. those are two extremely different things. you have CSN who is making us give tech for free (i.e. at DT's cost) and you had DT who paid for tech from SSSW18 (at DT's cost since DT was paying standard market rate for tech).

so as usual, you are twisting any argument against you or are ignoring it and instilling your own twisted version on it. as usual, you are made to look extremely foolish and stupid and continue to be a laughing stock for all of CN to point at.

I am pleased to here that there is peace, but I am saddened by the terms of surrender. Nonetheless, best wishes go to DT and LoSS.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1299701703' post='2657876']
[/quote]
Perhaps some people have better things to do than deal with nonsense?

Edited by Star Gazing

[quote name='Star Gazing' timestamp='1299866027' post='2660037']
I am pleased to here that there is peace, but I am saddened by the terms of surrender. Nonetheless, best wishes go to DT and LoSS.

Perhaps some people have better things to do than deal with nonsense?
[/quote]

nonsense? You mean...defend an ally? Yeah...thats nonsense :wacko:

[quote name='Mark Ashton' timestamp='1299692427' post='2657798']
They have taken reps before thus we are allowed to take reps now?

So because [i]they[/i] made a mistake [i]you [/i]are allowed to do the same mistake?
Yeah CSN, this will be remembered. You'll pay it back, I wouldn't be too worried.
[/quote]
but how will they pay back? Should someone make them pay reps?

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1299870012' post='2660094']
nonsense? You mean...defend an ally? Yeah...thats nonsense :wacko:
[/quote]

think she meant deal with a war that has no point to it anymore since the peripheral war was coming to and end except for the DT/CSN front ;)

[quote name='Drugsup' timestamp='1299920820' post='2661319']
Ouch CsN

LOSS 3,099,870

CSN 3,061,011

Best luck in the rebuilding o/
[/quote]

I'm really not trying to be unpleasant here but can't we wait for a bit before continuing to trash talk? We can point out all of these stats, numbers, and argue with them about who kicked who's ass if we're fighting on opposite sides from them in the next war. Gloating over numbers and stuff is going to make us come across as arrogant if it becomes a common theme.

[quote]An apology; a written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow[/quote]

Perhaps you should change term 5 to a "forced statement" rather than "a formal apology". If DT have sense they will fill up the aid slots of inactive CSN and Legacy nations and wait for them, and their slots to be deleted.