CSN/DT/Legacy/LoSS/R&R Peace Agreement

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1299171243' post='2651209']
Don't worry DT, most here will remember how much of a beating you and LoSS gave CSN.
[/quote]

Nobody is denying we took heavy damage. This is the first time we've ever fought truly competent opponents on a level playing field (our very brief encounter with STA in BiPolar excluded, of course), so we probably did take a lot more damage than we expected.

But the damage per member is almost exactly identical between the two alliances. We both lost just about 3.1k infra/member and 800 tech/member.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Krashnaia' timestamp='1299170894' post='2651201']
That's funny, because all the childish behaviour you have been displaying on the forums lately gives plain proof that yours have been hurt, and you lack the maturity to handle it.

No, we would tell you to stop looking at a mirror.
[/quote]
Welcome back, mouthbreather. You really are my new favorite as you have even less rhetorical skill than the others.
Who is being childish? How are they being childish?

Oh, and remember when you called people childish before? Like in the post I quoted? Remember when, a few lines later in the same post, you decided to spout off a childish "no u" towards the person you accused of being childish?

For the love of Admin, you make it too easy . . .

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299171715' post='2651216']
Nobody is denying we took heavy damage. This is the first time we've ever fought truly competent opponents on a level playing field (our very brief encounter with STA in BiPolar excluded, of course), so we probably did take a lot more damage than we expected.

But the damage per member is almost exactly identical between the two alliances. We both lost just about 3.1k infra/member and 800 tech/member.
[/quote]
This doesnt speak very well for you guys, LB. half your NS? Atleast one person heeded my warnings for tech and warchests

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1299190015' post='2651523']
This doesnt speak very well for you guys, LB. half your NS? Atleast one person heeded my warnings for tech and warchests
[/quote]

I was kind of surprised at the numbers myself for a bit, but then I realized that I myself was down from 60k NS to about 35k, and I had been winning every one of my wars (as in, after the war expired, every single time my opponent was no longer high enough for me to re-declare on, and often I was attacking up to begin with). I am probably an outlier in terms of readiness so it's natural that others would have done slightly worse, so all in all losing half our strength is reasonable.

I think the main reason we lost so much compared to other alliances who are still fighting is that we weren't really planning for a long fight, a mistake that will certainly be rectified in the future. Take for example NpO who lost 31% of their strength after a month, while having nearly a third of their alliance in peace mode. With very few exceptions every member of the Commonwealth was fighting for the entire duration of the war with DT.

As I said earlier I think this stems from never having faced competent opponents before. Traditionally the Commonwealth has never really used peace mode in a large tactical sense, which would have greatly benefited us here.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299190770' post='2651538']
As I said earlier I think this stems from never having faced competent opponents before. Traditionally the Commonwealth has never really used peace mode in a large tactical sense, which would have greatly benefited us here.
[/quote]
Remember my thread in Angry Dome about second wave/peace mode? :P

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1299187883' post='2651493']Welcome back, mouthbreather. You really are my new favorite as you have even less rhetorical skill than the others.[/quote]

I feel proud for provinding your life with a sense of purpose.

I have, however, no feelings towards you. You are irrelevant to me.

[quote='MaGneT' timestamp='1299187883' post='2651493]Who is being childish? How are they being childish?

Oh, and remember when you called people childish before? Like in the post I quoted? Remember when, a few lines later in the same post, you decided to spout off a childish "no u" towards the person you accused of being childish?[/quote]

I see you have a lot of questions. I like that, an inquisitive nature. It helps to improve your learning as you grow up.

Answering your questions, however, is your parents' responsibility, and your teachers' work. Not mine, as I'm not guilty for your conception, neither I'm paid to teach you lessons.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1299157299' post='2651072']
Oh boo hoo. Somebody's feewings got hurt. Boo hoo hoo.

Speaking purely theoretically, if I were in a public forum and referred to CSN's leadership as a bunch on inbred, slack-jawed, slope-browed, basement-dwelling imbeciles with big mouths, thin skins, no will of their own and zero personal honor, would that be enough to make them cry? Or would I be required to contact each of them individually via IRC? And if I were to be attacked over this and somehow compelled to issue an 'apology' at gunpoint, do you think anyone with an IQ over 75 would honestly believe that it was sincere?

Enjoy your 'victory'.
[/quote]
Actually, I think that if someone managed to get you to apologize - for ANYTHING - that would be a victory, regardless of sincerity. :P

Otherwise your point is strikingly valid.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299171715' post='2651216']

[/quote]

You had an advantage. Please do yourselves a favor and shoot your milcom guy(s).

[quote name='Krashnaia' timestamp='1299198263' post='2651683']
I feel proud for provinding your life with a sense of purpose.

I see you have a lot of questions. I like that, an inquisitive nature. It helps to improve your learning as you grow up.

Answering your questions, however, is your parents' responsibility, and your teachers' work. Not mine, as I'm not guilty for your conception, neither I'm paid to teach you lessons.
[/quote]

I'm not sure if "!@#$%baggery" is a real word, but if it was, then your attempts to hide being called out as a childish half-wit by announcing that you're not going to answer a clearly rhetorical question (this means that you're not supposed to answer it, anyways) would be the definition of it.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1299191071' post='2651547']
I am willing to sacrafice Magnet to the CN Gods if they stop this thread before 40 pages!
[/quote]

No more magnet, and the thread is put out of our misery? Its win win!

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1299198883' post='2651698']
You had an advantage. Please do yourselves a favor and shoot your milcom guy(s).
[/quote]
Funny story, we didn't have one (or really any military staff at all) until the last two weeks of the war, I was appointed to Director of Finance about 3 days after we declared on LoSS, and we didn't really have much internal organization until 3 or 4 days after DT attacked :smug:

I think the only place we really had an advantage was the upper tier, and the only way we were able to exploit it was because of the incredibly poor coordination between LoSS and DT, and their failure to stagger most of our upper tier nations.

In the beginning of the war LoSS did a pretty good job flooding the lower tier people, but mid-way through the war I think they all ran out of money and stopped declaring wars. I made it my goal to keep in constant contact with all of our lower tier people to see who needed aid and organize where to redistribute money. I think the only reason most of our lower tier people were able to survive was because at that time we actually hunkered down and started setting up systems for better aid distribution and coordination between targets.

If LoSS and DT had been more organized and effective in their staggers and coordination, we probably would have had to agree to white peace eventually, if it was still being offered. Conversely, If we had been more organized and effective in our staggers in the beginning of the war, we would have dished out way more damage.

This was a good experience for us at least in learning how to really micromanage our troops and how to efficient operate an alliance during war time, and everyone knows, when you micromanage your troops, you win.

[OOC: Insert lulzy Charlie Sheen winning reference here]

Fake/Real Edit: Don't tell me about how we need to learn how to efficiently manage our PR during war time, yes you are very witty, but if you hadn't noticed, I think we stopped caring about our OWF PR in 2008, our MoFA staff generally has better things to do.

Edited by Fronz

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1299191071' post='2651547']
I am willing to sacrafice Magnet to the CN Gods if they stop this thread before 40 pages!
[/quote]
*Sacrifice
Sarm, learn to spell bro :P

I'll make you a deal. Have 2k of the Legacy tech reps redirected to my nation and I won't open this thread again. Ever.

[quote name='Krashnaia' timestamp='1299198263' post='2651683']
I feel proud for [b]provinding[/b] your life with a sense of purpose.

[/quote]
I always like when people [i]provind[/i] me with things.
Like entertainment. Please continue [i]provinding[/i] me with that and continue posting here, plaything.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1299215598' post='2652001']
No more magnet, and the thread is put out of our misery? Its win win!
[/quote]
I see the disdain is mutual.
Though I would imagine that yours stems not from shame of being members of the same species, as mine does for you, but rather it is fueled by your frustrations based on your inability to match my rhetorical gift.

EDIT:

Is it surprising to anyone else that an alliance that is over 4 years old has such poor internal organization? CsN for WAE is really starting to look like a legitimate candidacy.

Edited by MaGneT

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1299228512' post='2652309']
Is it surprising to anyone else that an alliance that is over 4 years old has such poor internal organization?
[/quote]

Doesn't help that half of our government went inactive just at the onset of the war, so people like myself, Fronz, and Rune Walsh (our new Minister of Defense) kinda walked in on an already volatile playing field. Not so much an excuse as it is a "OMGWTFBBQ" moment to see everything that was going on all happen at once.

[quote name='Fronz' timestamp='1299227553' post='2652300']
Funny story, we didn't have one (or really any military staff at all) until the last two weeks of the war, I was appointed to Director of Finance about 3 days after we declared on LoSS, and we didn't really have much internal organization until 3 or 4 days after DT attacked :smug:

I think the only place we really had an advantage was the upper tier, and the only way we were able to exploit it was because of the incredibly poor coordination between LoSS and DT, and their failure to stagger most of our upper tier nations.

In the beginning of the war LoSS did a pretty good job flooding the lower tier people, but mid-way through the war I think they all ran out of money and stopped declaring wars. I made it my goal to keep in constant contact with all of our lower tier people to see who needed aid and organize where to redistribute money. I think the only reason most of our lower tier people were able to survive was because at that time we actually hunkered down and started setting up systems for better aid distribution and coordination between targets.

If LoSS and DT had been more organized and effective in their staggers and coordination, we probably would have had to agree to white peace eventually, if it was still being offered. Conversely, If we had been more organized and effective in our staggers in the beginning of the war, we would have dished out way more damage.

This was a good experience for us at least in learning how to really micromanage our troops and how to efficient operate an alliance during war time, and everyone knows, when you micromanage your troops, you win.

[OOC: Insert lulzy Charlie Sheen winning reference here]

Fake/Real Edit: Don't tell me about how we need to learn how to efficiently manage our PR during war time, yes you are very witty, but if you hadn't noticed, I think we stopped caring about our OWF PR in 2008, our MoFA staff generally has better things to do.
[/quote]

This entire post just makes me want to laugh at CSN more.

[quote name='Fronz' timestamp='1299227553' post='2652300']
[/quote]

Your MoFA staff... the people who are basically in charge of making sure you don't look like morons in public.... have better things to do than make you not look like morons in public?

Does your Minister of Finance have better things to do than make sure your alliance's financial systems are in order, too?

Unless you're all out banging strippers and playing blackjack, then no, they don't have anything better to do, they're simply incompetent.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1299228512' post='2652309']
Is it surprising to anyone else that an alliance that is over 4 years old has such poor internal organization? CsN for WAE is really starting to look like a legitimate candidacy.
[/quote]

You'd be in the running too for failing basic math. You dragged a war out to negotiate better terms, but took more damage from the extended conflict than you managed to get knocked off terms.

DT gov knows how to add and subtract right?

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1299278864' post='2652780']
You'd be in the running too for failing basic math. You dragged a war out to negotiate better terms, but took more damage from the extended conflict than you managed to get knocked off terms.

[/quote]
Thank you for proving, yet again, that you are devoid of any principle or ability to see more than just the numbers before your eyes. Here's some numbers. Make of them what you will.
4-9-11

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1299278864' post='2652780']

[/quote]

Had VE been in the same situation you'd have done the exact same thing. Stop pretending it's anything new to fight for better terms, especially when you're capable of getting them lowered significantly, and putting the opponent strangle holding negotiations onto the #1 loser list.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1299279891' post='2652792']
Had VE been in the same situation you'd have done the exact same thing. Stop pretending it's anything new to fight for better terms, especially when you're capable of getting them lowered significantly, and putting the opponent strangle holding negotiations onto the #1 loser list.
[/quote]

No, I can do basic math, holding out for better terms really only works when its NPO sized Karma reps. Freaking huge. DT could have paid off half the initial 40k in the time they wasted negotiating it down, the terms were too small to be worth the effort.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1299280086' post='2652796']
No, I can do basic math, holding out for better terms really only works when its NPO sized Karma reps. Freaking huge. DT could have paid off half the initial 40k in the time they wasted negotiating it down, the terms were too small to be worth the effort.
[/quote]

Because, clearly, the amount of reparations was the only thing we fought for.