CSN/DT/Legacy/LoSS/R&R Peace Agreement

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1299871677' post='2660136']
but how will they pay back? Should someone make them pay reps?
[/quote]

naaa, 40k of tech in nukes should do it.

~2K down, 38 to go :smug:

edit: ps, my trades are all secret with folks who are well aware of what I'm doing and who fully support me. you can keep sanctioning all you want, but I haven't hit 80 consecutive days of nuking idiots because I don't plan ahead.

Edited by hizzy

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1299973338' post='2661962']
naaa, 40k of tech in nukes should do it.

~2K down, 38 to go :smug:

edit: ps, my trades are all secret with folks who are well aware of what I'm doing and who fully support me. you can keep sanctioning all you want, but I haven't hit 80 consecutive days of nuking idiots because I don't plan ahead.
[/quote]
Lemme know if you need cash or tech Hizzy. You know I've got your back like a Jansport since the BLEU days . . .

Edited by MaGneT

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1300005481' post='2662735']
Lemme know if you need cash or tech Hizzy. You know I've got your back like a Jansport since the BLEU days . . .
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure that would be a breach of your surrender terms.

[quote name='mdnss69' timestamp='1299965894' post='2661855']
Perhaps you should change term 5 to a "forced statement" rather than "a formal apology". If DT have sense they will fill up the aid slots of inactive CSN and Legacy nations and wait for them, and their slots to be deleted.
[/quote]
It is unfortunately a common practice among rep-demanding alliances to not count expired aid slots towards the reparation amount.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1300022697' post='2662873']
It is unfortunately a common practice among rep-demanding alliances to not count expired aid slots towards the reparation amount.
[/quote]

#4b- If any nation fails to accept the aid package prior to expiration that tech will still be considered paid and removed from the tech total

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1300045025' post='2663204']
#4b- If any nation fails to accept the aid package prior to expiration that tech will still be considered paid and removed from the tech total
[/quote]

Exactly. So go and fill up the slots of their inactive nations. The terms don't dictate a time period for this to be fulfilled so... take your time sending cash to nations that won't accept it.

[quote name='mdnss69' timestamp='1300047527' post='2663262']
Exactly. So go and fill up the slots of their inactive nations. The terms don't dictate a time period for this to be fulfilled so... take your time sending cash to nations that won't accept it.
[/quote]

As with pretty much every other surrender terms including reparations ever, it is presumably implied that we will provide DT with a list of nations to send tech to.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1300047933' post='2663270']
As with pretty much every other surrender terms including reparations ever, it is presumably implied that we will provide DT with a list of nations to send tech to.
[/quote]
Presumably implied, yes, but never agreed upon. Would you declare war if we decided to send aid to nations who you haven't suggested to us.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1300048725' post='2663286']
Presumably implied, yes, but never agreed upon. Would you declare war if we decided to send aid to nations who you haven't suggested to us?
[/quote]

I'm not sure, you'd have to ask Goose.

If I was Head of State and had believed reparations were in order (unlikely on both counts! :P), I would probably have made the exact logistics of the payments more explicit, at least in private. In this case I would view it as a violation of the spirit of the treaty were you to deliberately aid inactive nations, especially if you've been supplied with a list of aid targets. Hopefully the threat of war would be enough to persuade you to aid who we want, but I guess if you refused, in the end a resumption of hostilities would be justified.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1300049175' post='2663297'] In this case I would view it as a violation of the spirit of the treaty were you to deliberately aid inactive nations,
[/quote]

Spirit of the treaty? Buddy, you made enemies out of people who probably didn't even know what your acronym even stands for 2 months ago. I don't want to shock you, but your treaty is rather spiritless.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1300061180' post='2663574']
Spirit of the treaty? Buddy, you made enemies out of people who probably didn't even know what your acronym even stands for 2 months ago. I don't want to shock you, but your treaty is rather spiritless.
[/quote]

"Spirit of the law" is an English idiom that refers to the intent of those who wrote the law.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1300063814' post='2663732']
"Spirit of the law" is an English idiom that refers to the intent of those who wrote the law.
[/quote]
Yeah. It only has effect in cases of vague laws where the judge can't quite work out the details of how to apply the law to a particular case.

Reparations agreements are like tax laws, though. Under English law, tax laws are subject to a strict interpretation in favour of the person paying the tax, no spirit of the law may be invoked.

So I'm not sure you want to be going for that model :P

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1300047933' post='2663270']
[/quote]

Presumptions mean nothing. You should have specified; you didn't.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1300063814' post='2663732']
[/quote]

"Loopholes" are another distinct feature of law. Call it immoral if you want, but you'll just have it thrown back in your face with a whole pile of abuse alongside it.

Tough !@#$ mate.

[quote name='mdnss69' timestamp='1300111707' post='2664516']
Presumptions mean nothing. You should have specified; you didn't.

"Loopholes" are another distinct feature of law. Call it immoral if you want, but you'll just have it thrown back in your face with a whole pile of abuse alongside it.

Tough !@#$ mate.
[/quote]

I don't think they will try it.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1300112275' post='2664527']
I don't think they will try it.
[/quote]
I think you're right. Not out of fear of you guys, but more out of fear of my wrath if I get knocked down right before my WRC for the third time.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1300214280' post='2665677']
I think you're right. Not out of fear of you guys, but more out of fear of my wrath if I get knocked down right before my WRC for the third time.
[/quote]

After you do that, save up some cash and just attack dumb people, it's so much fun cause at first their alliance is like "we're gonna rape you" and then they realize they're impotent and literally useless.