CSN/DT/Legacy/LoSS/R&R Peace Agreement

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1298986610' post='2648010']
You better not accept a DIME of reps from your opponents, sir.
[/quote]
Why would I? I've made it clear and everyone knows it: I will not accept blood money in an agressive war, started by my alliance.

[quote name='Kain Failbane' timestamp='1298989096' post='2648057']
After yawning over this topic I am even more confident there should be no terms and just more war over next 2-4 weeks.

Nobody with a life cares what OWF thinks about anything.

*yawns out*
[/quote]

Lol, how funny is it that only CSN members talk about the peanut gallery... If you didn't care you wouldn't have posted.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299000018' post='2648253']
Otherwise CSN are evil monsters (not Legacy, though, who took the same amount in reps.)
[/quote]

This might have to do with the fact that everyone knows Legacy wanted nothing to do with reps. DT would rather pay us, so we accepted in an effort to end the war. Defend CSN all you want, I dont care, but dont through us under the bus for something you know nothing about.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299000490' post='2648260']
Yeah, we do. DT ultimately took a pretty massive beatng then surrendered.

And given your opponents.. A rookie alliance and an alliance that hadn't really had a MoD for months... You could have done better.
[/quote]

What numbers are you looking at?

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1299001321' post='2648270']
Or you can take a page out of SPARTAs book and just change sides when it conveniant, get reps paid to them by the people they stood with while doing same said atrocities or you can take a page from our book and reflect upon the past and do something to change. If you need instruction on that Ill be happy to provide it for you. It amazes me people still !@#$%* about the terms we have recieved. My answer to this is next time they have the oppurtunity to war us dont send other people to do your dirty work, do it yourselves and then you can try to impose the reps you feel we deserve. Otherwise live in the now and let the long dead past go.
[/quote]

yeah valhalla sure did change.. hahahahaha

As for CSN, bathe in the blood money, it is goooood:awesome:

[quote]Why would I? I've made it clear and everyone knows it: I will not accept blood money in an agressive war, started by my alliance. [/quote]

Absolutely 100% true. iFOK's policy in this regard has always been unmistakeable and is, frankly, dead on right.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1299002968' post='2648300']
This might have to do with the fact that everyone knows Legacy wanted nothing to do with reps. DT would rather pay us, so we accepted in an effort to end the war. Defend CSN all you want, I dont care, but dont through us under the bus for something you know nothing about.
[/quote]
Legacy only accepted to end this war. Sarm speaks truth

[quote name='CptGodzilla' timestamp='1299002992' post='2648303']
yeah valhalla sure did change.. hahahahaha

As for CSN, bathe in the blood money, it is goooood:awesome:
[/quote]
Keep touting the party line Zilla youve gotten really good at it. Ashame you dont think much for yourself anymore.

20k? Still pretty extortionary. And it's quite amusing how you forced them to take an apology term when your own conduct (including promoting the least diplomatic person in any of the talks) was at least as bad.

Congratulations to DT, Legacy and LoSS on peace, and CSN, may your actions this war be remembered when you lose one.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1298998671' post='2648229']
We balked at writing a 3 paragraph story, when faced with 10 times the nations and 7 times our NS.
You agreed to pay 20K tech when faced with nearly equal numbers and less than 3 times the NS (much less I believe).

They are your daddies.
[/quote]

actually we agreed to pay 5k tech and $900 million in cash of which $600 million is payable by allies/friends/anyone but LoSS. yup, 5k total tech is what is the actual tech amount. if we decided to not pay tech for the other 15k, then we can pay cash. so from the initial 40k tech from only our 2k+ tech nations to 5k tech from only our 2k+ nations and $900 million cash. they totally owned us. sure we could have gone on but why bother. we left because we felt like leaving. we left because why should LoSS continue to have to stay at war for CSN's pettiness. DT took one on the chin to help a friend. you can think what you will, it does not matter one bit. the truth is out there and is obvious. if you wish to think what you think, by all means do it and you can have fun with that.

[/quote]

you do realize that Penkala has never truly known a damn thing he has been talking about throughout the entire war right?

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1299002452' post='2648293']
Our "wrist slap" was to get pounded on by an overwhelming force until there was an open question as to whether some of us who started out at well over 6k of infra were going to be ZIed (I personally lost over 5k of infra during the war) and exhaust several hundreds of millions of warchest (I remember some of us sitting around in an IRC channel one night joking that we'd all soon have to become tech dealers...). Our surrender terms included no outside aid for several months after the war was over, thus radically hurting our ability to recover. Yeah, wrist slap. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

We're talking about Karma here? Of course you lost infrastructure, that's what happens in wars. I myself am down about 7500 infrastructure, but I certainly wouldn't say I've been heavily damaged. Infrastructure is real cheap up to 5k. Valhalla fought for 2-3 rounds and took damage accordingly. An alliance of your size shouldn't have to depend on outside aid for rebuilding so I fail to see how those terms were damaging.

Considering what part you had played in the crimes of the Continuum, and what others in that war received, your treatment was most definitely a wrist slap and nothing more.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298999427' post='2648241']
You [i]are[/i] the leader of [i]Valhalla[/i], right? The alliance that committed some of the worst atrocities of the Continuum era and got off with the lightest of wrist slaps? Remember that time you took 60k tech from 30 nations? We're taking 5k tech from 20 nations.

Any tips on how to avoid "whats coming to us" for a long time? We could use the help from a master.
[/quote]
Remember that time you extorted tech and money from an alliance? It was today. Doing a penkLOLa style time warp doesnt change what you did and what will be done to you.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298961124' post='2647749']
I'm not complaining about the terms we received then, I was using the Commonwealth as an example of how to act. If you're getting caught up on that, take GATO instead. Never a word of complaint in public after their surrender, class acts in that respect. Polar was the same after WoTC, I think.

Which terms were harsher could be an interesting argument though. I'm willing to take it to PM if you're interested. :)
[/quote]

That was the Commonwealth's decision to not complain, you chose to not complain and hold a grudge about it and now are going to force ridiculous terms where terms are not needed at all.

I'd be willing to hit you up on IRC or PM about that one, it could prove to be an interesting debate.

[quote name='General Ozujsko' timestamp='1298999689' post='2648247']
Okay buddy, whatever helps you sleep at night.[/quote]

I'll agree with Oz on this one; just by looking at the amount of damage DT and CSN did to one another, it was, if anything, a hard Pyrrhic victory... again, if anything. Just by looking at the reparations, one would assume a victory for the rep-receiving party was had, but that is clearly not the case. DT dished out a disproportionate amount of damage compared to CSN (as in much higher) and fun was had. Now it is all over, no more back rooms, etc. etc, so we can move on until the next war. Until then, nothing else is happening.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1299008671' post='2648381']
I'll agree with Oz on this one; just by looking at the amount of damage DT and CSN did to one another, it was, if anything, a hard Pyrrhic victory... again, if anything. Just by looking at the reparations, one would assume a victory for the rep-receiving party was had, but that is clearly not the case. DT dished out a disproportionate amount of damage compared to CSN (as in much higher) and fun was had. Now it is all over, no more back rooms, etc. etc, so we can move on until the next war. Until then, nothing else is happening.
[/quote]

If we are judging wars by damage inflicted, we are undefeated. Awesome. You hear that RIA! We want our story back :)

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1299009226' post='2648387']
If we are judging wars by damage inflicted, we are undefeated. Awesome. You hear that RIA! We want our story back :)
[/quote]

No, I'm discussing more so your "CSN was your daddy" statement. Maybe it's a difference of semantics, but if CSN was their daddy, then I would think that the damage would have been crippling to them and mild for us. Again, difference of interpretation it seems?

[quote name='Krashnaia' timestamp='1298976265' post='2647931']
Terms too lenient. But sometimes you have to be merciful.
[/quote]
I'll keep this in mind and remind you of it one day.

[quote name='Kain Failbane' timestamp='1298989096' post='2648057']
Nobody with a life cares what OWF thinks about anything.
[/quote]
Perhaps this is a premonition about CsN's future . . .

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298999427' post='2648241']
You [i]are[/i] the leader of [i]Valhalla[/i], right? The alliance that committed some of the worst atrocities of the Continuum era and got off with the lightest of wrist slaps? Remember that time you took 60k tech from 30 nations? We're taking 5k tech from 20 nations.

Any tips on how to avoid "whats coming to us" for a long time? We could use the help from a master.
[/quote]
Well, as the former leader of an alliance that was forced to disband after fighting Valhalla in noCB, they had made an enemy of me for quite some time. I really hated them. I'm not sure if those ethos are enough to persuade you that I was one of the most anti-Valhalla people out there, but if you don't believe me, I can dig up dozens of posts by myself . . .

Either way, I believe they have changed their ways and I am proud to call them allies.

[quote name='Krashnaia' timestamp='1299001674' post='2648277']
Either way, proof that those people predicting a "future day of reckoning" are just daydreamers trying to rationalize their impotence.
[/quote]
Ah, guys, remember when we heard this from people like GGwAe?

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1299002224' post='2648288']
Honestly, I love all of the bashing of CSN here, calling them not honorable for asking reps here. If asking for reps is dishonorable, what does that make an alliance who left the people who came in to fight for it on the battlefield, so they would be forced to accept terms with reparations attached?
[/quote]
What point are you trying to make here? Any other than the one that shows us your inability to form a coherent and clear argument?

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1299009700' post='2648396']
What point are you trying to make here? Any other than the one that shows us your inability to form a coherent and clear argument?
[/quote]

I believe he wasn't referring to DT or LoSS, but rather other alliances who were attacked, had friends come in to defend them, and they (the original defenders) left their allies out to dry. Maybe?

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1299007806' post='2648366']Remember that time you extorted tech and money from an alliance? It was today. Doing a penkLOLa style time warp doesnt change what you did [u]and what will be done to you.[/u][/quote]

We have not extorted tech and money from anyone.

But it's good to know that YOU acknowelde YOUR willness to extort money and tech on others in the future.

Edited by Krashnaia

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1299009700' post='2648396']
I'll keep this in mind and remind you of it one day.[/quote]

It's on your best interests to do so. Since next time you are beaten (again) we may need to be remembered how merciful people we were with guys who after six days at war attemped to ditch their allies into the mud to get White Peace for themselves, then fanned sh*t and cried all around the Forums when that failed.

Edited by Krashnaia

[/quote]

I wasn't trying to "through" you under the bus. I'm just pointing out that everyone targeting CSN and CSN only and blowing this up SO MUCH is pretty hilarious considering Legacy is also accepting 'blood money' and many other alliances will receive reps in this war. I've never seen such screaming over such small terms. That alone should show you that Karma was an important war. If 20k tech is what passes for "terrible terms" these days, we did our job well.

[quote]What numbers are you looking at? [/quote]

The numbers that showed you only having two "upper tier" nations left (50k+ NS) out of peace mode after CSN was finished with you. They had closer to 20 out of peace mode (17 to be exact.) And you started off as a fairly high ANS alliance if I remember correctly.

[quote]Legacy only accepted to end this war. Sarm speaks truth[/quote]

Fair enough, I used a bad example. You know what I meant though.

[quote]Congratulations to DT, Legacy and LoSS on peace, and CSN, may your actions this war be remembered when you lose one. [/quote]

That's a pretty short-sighted view on things. Plenty of people disagreed with our CB in this war. Should we be put under tough peace terms when we lose a war because of "our actions"?

[quote]you do realize that Penkala has never truly known a damn thing he has been talking about throughout the entire war right? [/quote]

Uh, no, actually that would be you.

Remember when you kept arguing with me that CSN wasn't putting any more offers on the table? That they weren't continuing negotiations? Then I showed you the 30k offer CSN had provided to DT? Yeah. Either *you* didn't know "a damn thing" or you were blatantly lying. Which is it? Please choose.

Edited by Penkala