CSN/DT/Legacy/LoSS/R&R Peace Agreement

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1298986610' post='2648010']
You talking about PR is hilarious seeing as you're a large part of the reason LoSS had to apologize. Shall I make a thread and dump those logs publicly?
[/quote]

No its quite alright, i'll post the logs of what i said to her, and show how CsN cant take a joke either.

[quote][01:08] <Drugsup> Liz be honest with me
[01:08] <Drugsup> whats my chanced 1-10
[01:08] <Liz> For?
[01:08] <Drugsup> cyber relations
[01:09] <Drugsup> think about it, we could have cybernations then have cyberelations
[01:10] <Drugsup> im not your average fat naked cheetos eating nerd i'll have you know
[01:10] <Drugsup> i have a job and a car
[01:10] <Drugsup> i have a girlfriend too
[01:10] <Drugsup> but she'll never know
[01:10] <Drugsup> i promise
[01:11] <Drugsup> silent treatment...
[01:11] <Drugsup> such a tease
[01:13] <Liz> Look dude, I'm just gonna ask likely once. You're making me really uncomfortable and it's inappropriate. Can you stop please?
[01:13] <Drugsup> are you male?
[01:13] <Liz> No, i'm not.
[01:13] <Drugsup> damn
[01:14] <Drugsup> you had me going there [/quote]

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The Trail' timestamp='1298992790' post='2648103']
I dont think they really made enemies. They just showed their incompetence in several area's
(which is only gonna hurt them FA wise and member wise. They arent gonna get any experienced members)
[/quote]

I don't think they made many friends in DT either.

Prior to the war, LOSS and CSN were in a close score competition. It was a friendly activity. Now I'm sure most LOSSers idea of a friendly competition is ZIing Gibs or Liz.

[quote name='Drugsup' timestamp='1298992893' post='2648106']
No its quite alright, i'll post the logs of what i said to her, and show how CsN cant take a joke either.
[/quote]

I must say good sir. That made me laugh pretty hard.

Edited by The Trail

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1298970402' post='2647897']
Yea, you sure did show them who's boss.

When will you people learn that a handful of people posting over and over again doesn't actually matter, its becoming almost a pet peeve of mine. Thing is, 60% of any given alliances membership thinks the other side is full of feces, regardless of which "other side" it is, and 40% simply don't care about whatever injustice is the flavor of the week because chances are its really just not that big of a deal to them. This is, of course, assuming were talking about an active alliance who can even be bothered to keep up, and we all know how rare that is. Looking broader, I would say about 10% or less of the active world communicates in this venue regularly, and the topics here are predominately populated by only a small number of people out of that handful itself, who just so happen to enjoy posting over and over again. What you see here decrying things or supporting them is nothing more then a drop in the bucket compared both the world at large or the opinions of individual alliances. So, when considering a 20-50 page topic you think is going swimmingly in your favor, understand that in reality, no one cares.

Real PR is derived from backroom opinions, not crying on the stage, and should be a secondary concern. Don't idolize those who based their existence on this planet off of being a sniveling weasels, crying to the heavens at the drop of a hat to garner the love and affection of a few dozen people. Instead, just buckle down and better yourselves. Think the 20k tech reps are severe? Good, you may be right, or you may be wrong, it doesn't matter. If you don't like it, use it to fuel your progress and come back with ten times the fervor as before.

Simply put, posting doesn't destroy infra, and never will.

Felt good to get that rant out, and do note that its by no means directed exclusively at DT. Good luck to all involved in rebuilding.
[/quote]

Whoa whoa whoa...did someone just make a logical post here? BAD IMPERO! BAD!

[quote name='Drugsup' timestamp='1298992893' post='2648106']
[/quote]

I can spout black jokes too. Does that make it funny because I think it's funny? No. Just because you find it to be funny doesn't mean everyone finds it to be their cup of tea. She asked you to stop and yet you felt the need to add in a quip afterward.

[quote name='Sam Winters' timestamp='1298992928' post='2648108']
I don't think they made many friends in DT either.
[/quote]

I think I did. ^_^ I'm on their channel all the time now. :P

EDIT:

I'd also add that although back channels (as seen in the logs) were quite intense, over IRC and the sorts, it was quite casual between individual members... or at least from what I saw.

Edited by SpacingOutMan

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1298992503' post='2648096']
Not that I disagree with you but, to be fair, the masses are [b]very[/b] easily swayed one way or another.
[/quote]

It all depends who you think the masses are. Their are the followers, true. But here the masses are leaders of alliances who aren't so easily swayed, as we witnessed in this front of the war. No, sir, the [i]"masses"[/i] will not be easily moved in their position. Especially when the public was called upon to investigate and decide upon a question in which not only present members of the community are deeply interested, but upon which the happiness and misery of future alliances lies ultimately bound. ;)

DT keep it up. You are always welcome where the longboats sit anchored.

o/DT
o/Bud

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1298993108' post='2648114']
Whoa whoa whoa...did someone just make a logical post here? BAD IMPERO! BAD!
[/quote]

Save for the fact that NPO will tell from experience that if you don't care about "losing" a 20-50 page topic on the OWF, then someone like Vox will come along and eat your lunch.

Put another way, if the OWF "doesn't matter", why is Impero's post count so high? Why do so many MK members post so often in topics that are of relevance to them and their allies? Why do so many other world leaders feel the need to get on record in this forum and why do they caution their people not to post against allies? Simple. [b]It does matter.[/b] What happens here doesn't always have a proportionate affect in those "back rooms", but it does often enough that you ignore what goes on here at your own peril. It also influences those "90%" that Impero cites who may not post, but read and hear what is said and form their options based upon it.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1298993285' post='2648118']
I can spout black jokes too. Does that make it funny because I think it's funny? No. Just because you find it to be funny doesn't mean everyone finds it to be their cup of tea. She asked you to stop and yet you felt the need to add in a quip afterward.[/quote]

As for it being funny i'll the masses decide.

It may have been an antic gone too far and Liz did not have the take of jocularity i had intended. For that i am profoundly sorry.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1298992503' post='2648096']
Not that I disagree with you but, to be fair, the masses are [b]very[/b] easily swayed one way or another.
[/quote]

also true, however in this case CSN really had nothing to work with and when your solitary support stems from Penkala's ramblings you should just admit you're wrong.

[quote][01:13] <Liz> Look dude, I'm just gonna ask likely once. You're making me really uncomfortable and it's inappropriate. Can you stop please?[/quote]

she's gonna ask likely once, POSSIBLY TWICE, NEVER THRICE, SO JUST $%&@ YOU

hahaha i crack myself up

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1298994517' post='2648137']
Save for the fact that NPO will tell from experience that if you don't care about "losing" a 20-50 page topic on the OWF, then someone like Vox will come along and eat your lunch.

Put another way, if the OWF "doesn't matter", why is Impero's post count so high? Why do so many MK members post so often in topics that are of relevance to them and their allies? Why do so many other world leaders feel the need to get on record in this forum and why do they caution their people not to post against allies? Simple. [b]It does matter.[/b] What happens here doesn't always have a proportionate affect in those "back rooms", but it does often enough that you ignore what goes on here at your own peril. It also influences those "90%" that Impero cites who may not post, but read and hear what is said and form their options based upon it.
[/quote]

In other scenerios sure it helps, but did that DT thread help anything? Helllll no, if anything it drug the war out longer.

[quote name='Xiao Weng' timestamp='1298995203' post='2648157']
Based off current responses, I'd say we'll be revisiting this somewhere around the six month mark.

It's good to see the front closed.
[/quote]

Yeah. $%&@ you too. :wub:

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1298994787' post='2648147']
In other scenerios sure it helps, but did that DT thread help anything? Helllll no, if anything it drug the war out longer.
[/quote]

It [i]helped[/i] decide where alliances rank in the eyes of others. The war was drug out, sure. But no one really cares about that if you have examined most of the opinions here.

[quote name='Desert Ratz' timestamp='1298995369' post='2648159']
Yeah. $%&@ you too. :wub:
[/quote]

I'm still waiting for my techno. :wub:

I used to have an egg timer. It was a horrible thing, never got my eggs right. Did manage to time wars well, though.

Really, all I wanted were some eggs.

[quote name='Pariah' timestamp='1298995373' post='2648160']
It [i]helped[/i] decide where alliances rank in the eyes of others. The war was drug out, sure. But no one really cares about that if you have examined most of the opinions here.
[/quote]
People needed 80 pages of endless looping conversation to decide where they stood? I surely hope not

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1298995767' post='2648174']
People needed 80 pages of endless looping conversation to decide where they stood? I surely hope not
[/quote]

No, they saw how the situation was in the first few pages then argued about stupid !@#$ like ice cream cones for 79 pages

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1298996021' post='2648183']
LoSS apologizes to Liz??

...i'll look over that part but here's my question...what of the GOD/TFH front?
[/quote]
They received peace long ago

[quote]No, they saw how the situation was in the first few pages then argued about stupid !@#$ like ice cream cones for 79 pages[/quote]

Exactly, after x amount of pages, it served little to no purpose

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1298996271' post='2648191']
They received peace long ago

Exactly, after x amount of pages, it served little to no purpose
[/quote]

really? didnt see the thread for it i guess?

[quote name='Pariah' timestamp='1298995373' post='2648160']
[/quote]
yeh most of the opinions from people who arnt in any of the alliances involved....