CSN/DT/Legacy/LoSS/R&R Peace Agreement

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298957186' post='2647643']
Why does nobody bother with a stiff upper lip any more? It's far more becoming than this kind of talk.

Remember all the whining CSN did after we surrendered in No Vision? No you don't, because we didn't whine - not in public anyway. We took our licks like men and we rebuilt in silence. Plot your revenge and rage against us all you want, but at least do it in privacy. You simply look ridiculous talking like this while the ink on the surrender terms is still wet.

This comes off like its directed at you specifically, but it's a far more general observation. Nobody knows how to act anymore. :(
[/quote]

Le Gasp a total of 8950 tech split amongst 11 different alliances that you were at war with during No Vision. Let's totally compare how 11 different alliances asked for less than 1k total tech a peace from you, to how you are asking for 20k from an alliance. Totally the same thing, totally dude.

[quote name='TimeMaster' timestamp='1298959883' post='2647724']
Basically, you bent over and accepted what reps were dictated, like the cr@ppy alliance you are.

DT, I'm happy to say, is of slightly higher quality and dignity, and deigned to protest outlandish reps. Shame on them, right? Clearly, they weren't 'taking their licks like men' and whatnot.

Sell it somewhere else.
[/quote]

It's not about accepting whatever terms you are given. Protest the terms you're given all you want, up until they are accepted. But once your alliance has surrendered, it is good form to stop your complaining, at least for a month or two. Doing otherwise is simply deluding yourself.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1298960305' post='2647734']
Le Gasp a total of 8950 tech split amongst 11 different alliances that you were at war with during No Vision. Let's totally compare how 11 different alliances asked for less than 10k total tech a peace from you, to how you are asking for 20k from an alliance. Totally the same thing, totally dude.
[/quote]

It could have been ten times that amount and we would not have whined in public about it. And I'm not sure what the number of alliances has to do with anything, if we had called in ten extra allies would that make these terms more reasonable to you? :huh:

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1298956331' post='2647617']
Lol, apology to Liz. That's rich.

Congrats DT and LoSS.
[/quote]

I lol'd also. Ms. Tuf Gal suddenly had fragile sensibilities? [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/MythicK/th_14njk9yjpg.gif[/img]

Congrats to DT & Co on finally scoring peace [img]http://torn.sharuntech.com/public/style_emoticons/default/awesomelon.gif[/img]

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1298960305' post='2647734']
Le Gasp a total of 8950 tech split amongst 11 different alliances that you were at war with during No Vision. Let's totally compare how 11 different alliances asked for less than 1k total tech a peace from you, to how you are asking for 20k from an alliance. Totally the same thing, totally dude.
[/quote]
So they should halve it, then make DT vote for their senate candidate, right?

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298960672' post='2647740']
It's not about accepting whatever terms you are given. Protest the terms you're given all you want, up until they are accepted. But once your alliance has surrendered, it is good form to stop your complaining, at least for a month or two. Doing otherwise is simply deluding yourself.

It could have been ten times that amount and we would not have whined in public about it. And I'm not sure what the number of alliances has to do with anything, if we had called in ten extra allies would that make these terms more reasonable to you? :huh:
[/quote]

The Number of alliances is that each alliance forced less than 1k tech upon you, while CSN alone forced 20k tech upon DT, that was my point. But what should I've grown to expect this level of intelligence from CSN.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1298960840' post='2647744']
So they should halve it, then make DT vote for their senate candidate, right?
[/quote]

Oh you seem to think I agree with the terms that CSN received then, why am I not surprised? I'm simply stating that he should not complain about what occurs here based on something that his alliance chose to do in the past if they are imposing what could arguably be defined as harsher terms to an alliance.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1298960864' post='2647745']
The Number of alliances is that each alliance forced less than 1k tech upon you, while CSN alone forced 20k tech upon DT, that was my point. But what should I've grown to expect this level of intelligence from CSN.
[/quote]

So as I suggested, if we had called in ten superfluous allies to assist in the war, you'd be fine with the reparations? And 10k of the tech is going to Legacy, we don't get it all. :P

Hell, why stop at ten? We could have called in every alliance we know, until it's only 50 tech for each alliance in the war. Then the terms will be much easier to pay!

I fail to see how the number of victorious alliances has any relevance whatsoever on the severity of the reparations.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1298961006' post='2647747']
Oh you seem to think I agree with the terms that CSN received then, why am I not surprised? I'm simply stating that he should not complain about what occurs here based on something that his alliance chose to do in the past if they are imposing what could arguably be defined as harsher terms to an alliance.
[/quote]

I'm not complaining about the terms we received then, I was using the Commonwealth as an example of how to act. If you're getting caught up on that, take GATO instead. Never a word of complaint in public after their surrender, class acts in that respect. Polar was the same after WoTC, I think.

Which terms were harsher could be an interesting argument though. I'm willing to take it to PM if you're interested. :)

Edited by Lord Brendan

And so it ends and we return to regular avatars without the Taliban-theme...about time.

To LoSS - I have gained a new respect for you guys. And you have my thanks.

To Bud - You will have our eternal appreciation for your diplomatic work and peace-making.

To our allies, especially Nordreich, Valhalla, and Nueva Vida - words cannot express my appreciation for your assistance.

To the casual observers - the apology in question is regarding a specific action and it is certainly deserved. Regarding reps - it was unlikely that CSN would agree to white peace and it was unlikely that DT would ever agree to the original absurd terms and then the slightly-less absurd terms. We had a deal that was much better than I expected. We resisted to the best of our ability, given the crappy situation we found ourselves in. Are there lessons to be learned? Of course. But DT put brotherhood to the test and passed.

I have nothing nice to say about CSN and their "fanboys" (had to do it one last time... :P) so I won't say anything at all. One exception - SpacingOutMan is actually a rather good guy.

I'll be against extortionist reps...but won't advocate on your behalf if you ever find yourself in the same position that DT has been in. My apologies in advance.

LB - just to ease your mind, odds are, we will probably have our last whacks at the topic in here, then lay low while we pay off our reps and rebuild. You won't have to be reminded of this embarrassment everywhere you go.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1298961637' post='2647756']
LB - just to ease your mind, odds are, we will probably have our last whacks at the topic in here, then lay low while we pay off our reps and rebuild. You won't have to be reminded of this embarrassment everywhere you go.
[/quote]

Heh, RV has already promised to do so. :P And I imagine others will refer to this frequently as well.

I wish you good luck in the rebuilding process.

It is good to see this resolved.

I made my opinions known about CSN's treatment of all this in that long thread, so I will not belabor those points again.

To LoSS, I'm happy to see my old crew get out of this and I'm proud you stood by your allies until the end.

DT, I'm happy to see you out as well. Sad you have to pay through the nose, but since you made the promise just knock out the payments and let the matter drop. Dredging it up in the future never does any good. Everyone outside of this has made up their mind about the matter and further dredging of it won't change any more minds. Moving on is healthy for morale.

[quote name='Co God Ben' timestamp='1298961885' post='2647760']
20k technology will not save CSN from being a !@#$ alliance.

EDIT: o/ DT
[/quote]

See, this is exactly what I mean. Completely unbecoming, especially of one of the triumvirs who signed these terms. The tough guy act is absolutely laughable when three hours ago you signed the surrender. Perhaps you could get GATO to loan you some class.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298962471' post='2647772']
See, this is exactly what I mean. Completely unbecoming, especially of one of the triumvirs who signed these terms. The tough guy act is absolutely laughable when three hours ago you signed the surrender. Perhaps you could get GATO to loan you some class.
[/quote]

I found this the definition of redundant. Also GATO has no class except in how to be classless.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298962471' post='2647772']
[/quote]

You probably should have added a "pretend you're happy with it" clause along with your doo doo butter apology clauses.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1298962586' post='2647775']
I found this the definition of redundant. Also GATO has no class except in how to be classless.
[/quote]

Well two and a half years ago you had lots of class, at least in the stiff-upper lip department. I suppose you were rather whiny about the terms you got this war. Perhaps you're right, but it wasn't me who said it.

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1298962746' post='2647779']
You probably should have added a "pretend you're happy with it" clause along with your doo doo butter apology clauses.
[/quote]

I would have hoped it was common sense, were I in charge of the terms. To put such a thing in writing would be insulting to the defeated parties' integrity.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298962767' post='2647780']
Well two and a half years ago you had lots of class, at least in the stiff-upper lip department. I suppose you were rather whiny about the terms you got this war. Perhaps you're right, but it wasn't me who said it.

I would have hoped it was common sense, were I in charge of the terms. To put such a thing in writing would be insulting to the defeated parties' integrity.
[/quote]

Yeah we totally !@#$%*ed about having no terms at all. I remember it fondly.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1298962701' post='2647778']
So, i seek an answer to a question in our Brave New NPO-less World. ODPs are now a crime to use? correct? why? also oA treaties, when you use the oA portion..also bad?
[/quote]
[color="#FF0000"]It works this way. To be on the right side is the definition of being in the right.[/color]

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298962767' post='2647780']
[/quote]

So, you expect not only to be paid, but thanked for the opportunity as well? When did you guys get so tall?

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1298963177' post='2647787']
Yeah we totally !@#$%*ed about having no terms at all. I remember it fondly.
[/quote]

Maybe I'm misremembering, and I apologize if I am.

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1298963355' post='2647791']
So, you expect not only to be paid, but thanked for the opportunity as well? When did you guys get so tall?
[/quote]

I'm not asking anyone to fawn over us in gratitude, of course not. But I believe that any self-respecting alliance should, upon surrender, cease all public belligerence until their terms are completed. To do otherwise is hypocritical and demeaning to the defeated party.

Edited by Lord Brendan