CSN/DT/Legacy/LoSS/R&R Peace Agreement

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298957186' post='2647643']
Why does nobody bother with a stiff upper lip any more? It's far more becoming than this kind of talk.

Remember all the whining CSN did after we surrendered in No Vision? No you don't, because we didn't whine - not in public anyway. We took our licks like men and we rebuilt in silence. Plot your revenge and rage against us all you want, but at least do it in privacy. You simply look ridiculous talking like this while the ink on the surrender terms is still wet.

This comes off like its directed at you specifically, but it's a far more general observation. Nobody knows how to act anymore. :(
[/quote]
I've never seen a reason to hide my thoughts. CsN has made an enemy of me. I am always vocal and open about who my enemies are.
Different personalities, I suppose.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='CubaQuerida' timestamp='1298956951' post='2647634']
I'm gonna go ahead on record now as saying these are probably gonna turn out to be [u]the most expensive 10k reps[/u] any alliance has [u]ever[/u] accepted.
[/quote]

Isn't that the truth. :P

[quote name='Supa_Troop3r' timestamp='1298957134' post='2647640']
What did you have in mind originally?
[/quote]

Were I Head of State, I would have offered some form of military decommission terms (deal with it, haters! :P) with a no re-entry clause, nothing else, when you first came to us.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1298957441' post='2647652']
I've never seen a reason to hide my thoughts. CsN has made an enemy of me. I am always vocal and open about who my enemies are.
Different personalities, I suppose.
[/quote]

Fair enough. I guess my take on how to act after surrendering comes from an age when being so forward would be met with a renewal of hostilities. Fear not, for we are merciful in that respect. ;)

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1298956990' post='2647636']
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=23019"]How soon we forget....[/url]
[/quote]
I don't actually see how RV applies to that thread, tbh. Maybe you meant to quote Schatt, who twice in the first page hailed terms forcing CSN to vote for a non-maroon alliance's senate candidate?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1298956895' post='2647631']
[color="#0000FF"]
Then you're also ignoring the percentages. DT was originally asked to pay 25% of their tech. That, proportionally, was much larger than what was demanded of either NPO or TOP.
[/quote]
I think the initial offer for us was around 375k. A good bit more than 25%, iirc.

Sucks for DT. Got a raw deal.

Well good to see DT get peace. Still think that 2k rule is retarded but I can where the overall amount comes in considering the circumstances...maybe should have been divided between LoSS and DT as that would have been more fair but overall not bad considering everything :P

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1298957624' post='2647662']
I don't actually see how RV applies to that thread, tbh. Maybe you meant to quote Schatt, who twice in the first page hailed terms forcing CSN to vote for a non-maroon alliance's senate candidate?
[/quote]
I quoted RV because he was ranting on how he terms. Since CSN was forced terms for defending an ally in No Vision, I thought I would post that because CSN is forcing terms on DT for defending an ally here.

OOC: Plus, the Blue text makes it more important looking, which is another reason I quoted RV :P

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1298956895' post='2647631']
[color="#0000FF"]Then you're also ignoring the percentages. DT was originally asked to pay 25% of their tech. That, proportionally, was much larger than what was demanded of either NPO or TOP.
[/color]
[/quote]

Percentages of total technology are misleading when comparing reparation amounts. The number of nations that can pay is far more relevant, since you can send up to 300 tech every round whether you have 0 or 15,000.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1298957751' post='2647666']
Normally I'm against reps, but if you're willing to pay 20k tech (with two apologies) for defending your allies, you deserve to be forced to pay reps.
[/quote]
I can see where you would get this. But the fact is, there was obscene damage being dealt to innocent parties. Our leadership did what they felt was necessary to mitigate that. I have the utmost confidence that CsN will get their karma down the road, even if we can't continue glassing their nations now.

[quote name='Goose' timestamp='1298955119' post='2647559']
Good sir, there's tongue in cheek and then there's wholly inappropriate. The apologies were for actions that were wholly inappropriate.
[/quote]

yea and so were some on your channel.

CsN will always be CsN

o/ for peace though

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1298957751' post='2647666']
Normally I'm against reps, but if you're willing to pay 20k tech (with two apologies) for defending your allies, you deserve to be forced to pay reps.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I think more than anything else DT just wanted to end this war and move onto other things.[/color]

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1298957766' post='2647667']
I think the initial offer for us was around 375k. A good bit more than 25%, iirc.

Sucks for DT. Got a raw deal.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I was not privy to the details of TOP's peace agreements, but I'm sure you can agree that there is a difference between a core front and a fringe front.[/color]

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298957999' post='2647677']
Percentages of total technology are misleading when comparing reparation amounts. The number of nations that can pay is far more relevant, since you can send up to 300 tech every round whether you have 0 or 15,000.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]DT didn't have that many nations over 2k tech. Even still, your justifications do not make it any less ridiculous.[/color]

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1298957624' post='2647662']
[/quote]
I remember that their canidate never quite made it in LOL

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1298958778' post='2647701']
I remember that their canidate never quite made it in LOL
[/quote]
You may not remember the lovely threats of war over them not getting their candidate in. Good times...

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298957186' post='2647643']
Why does nobody bother with a stiff upper lip any more? It's far more becoming than this kind of talk.

Remember all the whining CSN did after we surrendered in No Vision? No you don't, because we didn't whine - not in public anyway. We took our licks like men and we rebuilt in silence. Plot your revenge and rage against us all you want, but at least do it in privacy. You simply look ridiculous talking like this while the ink on the surrender terms is still wet.

This comes off like its directed at you specifically, but it's a far more general observation. Nobody knows how to act anymore. :(
[/quote]

Basically, you bent over and accepted what reps were dictated, like the cr@ppy alliance you are.

DT, I'm happy to say, is of slightly higher quality and dignity, and deigned to protest outlandish reps. Shame on them, right? Clearly, they weren't 'taking their licks like men' and whatnot.

Sell it somewhere else.