CSN/DT/Legacy/LoSS/R&R Peace Agreement

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1298965541' post='2647842']
If we were losing why did DT agree to reps and LoSS agree to an apology? I just.. I just don't even... :unsure:
[/quote]
Because LOSS can admit when it or any of its members is wrong, which our members were. If CSN had this virtue, we wouldn't have had 3 weeks and 79 pages of people losing their respect for the Commonwealth.

It's ironic Lord Brendan talks about my statements being unbecoming when you imply that the only reason to apologize for asinine behavior is because you're losing.

EDIT: DRUGSUP IS STEALING MAH SIG

Edited by Co God Ben

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Amossio' timestamp='1298965706' post='2647844']
We apologised over our members comments on irc which can be constituted as offensive, unlike your alliance we have class.
[/quote]

Which you wouldn't have done otherwise.

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1298965758' post='2647845']
There, there. In time the 1 mil NS will build back up.
[/quote]
I know. I'm not one to get upset over pixel loss. Just look at my nation. :P

[quote name='Drugsup' timestamp='1298965796' post='2647846']
Maybe because we just wanted peace, maybe because we were sorry for OOC comments? Most pointless war ever. CsN has got a !@#$storm of PR to get through now.
[/quote]

Probably so, but you wouldn't have apologized had there not been this surrender.

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1298965822' post='2647848']
Because obviously you have the leverage of a huge bloc and bullied them in to it.

Please keep in mind that my opinion about reps is my personal opinion. I wouldn't accept any blood money, should we (PB) get any.
[/quote]

We never threatened our bloc or our allies. If they were winning then they should have held out for a week or two (or more) and made us go with white peace or given us reps or something.

Yeah, I can respect that. I don't plan on taking any of the reps either myself.

[quote name='Co God Ben' timestamp='1298965845' post='2647849']
Because LOSS can admit when it or any of its members is wrong, which our members were. If CSN had this virtue, we wouldn't have had 3 weeks and 79 pages of people losing their respect for the Commonwealth.

It's ironic Lord Brendan talks about my statements being unbecoming when you imply that the only reason to apologize for asinine behavior is because you're losing.
[/quote]

No you can't. I know you guys, you're way too stubborn and prideful (yeah, coming from me, haha, saved you the joke).

Honestly CGB, this entire war you're one of the people I never saw anything respectful from. Everything was just trash talk. That's great, I don't expect you or any of LoSS to be happy or hold any love for us. In public everyone should know to hold back and show some level of decency and respect. Desert Ratz has been incredibly pleasant. Phoebus was fun. A lot of LoSS Gov. was great. You? Nope.

And I'm not dealing with 5+ replies to all my posts at 3am. <_<

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1298966332' post='2647857']

Honestly CGB, this entire war you're one of the people I never saw anything respectful from. Everything was just trash talk. That's great, I don't expect you or any of LoSS to be happy or hold any love for us. In public everyone should know to hold back and show some level of decency and respect. Desert Ratz has been incredibly pleasant. Phoebus was fun. A lot of LoSS Gov. was great. You? Nope.
[/quote]
I love you, too, honey.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1298966332' post='2647857']
We never threatened our bloc or our allies. If they were winning then they should have held out for a week or two (or more) and made us go with white peace or given us reps or something.
[/quote]

Well, to be honest, you don't have to threaten with allies, DT know they are there and probably made the assumption that they would back you. Furthermore we all know they do because Xiph actually did the talking for you (CSN) a while back.

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1298966915' post='2647865']
Well, to be honest, you don't have to threaten with allies, DT know they are there and probably made the assumption that they would back you. Furthermore we all know they do because Xiph actually did the talking for you (CSN) a while back.
[/quote]
Our allies were there in case of escalation from them, there was never any plan from us to escalate. And no, honestly the whole Xiph thing is so overdone. He was in one set of talks because he was still involved in the front (GOD vs. FHU).

Terms are garbage, but glad it's over.

[quote]5. DT shall post a formal apology to Liz for allowing inappropriate conversations to continue far too long in their public IRC channel[/quote]

Classic. Haven't seen a forced 'apology' in some time.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298964494' post='2647824']
Surely the fact that we took (relatively) large reparations from Dark Templar, when we have never done so before to anyone is an expression of our respect for their war-fighting abilities.[/quote]

You get a laughing turnip for that howler. :lol1:

Edited by Ashoka the Great

Well, I'm proud of myself for reading this far into a topic. Seriously though people, it took me like 20+ minutes, come on now. We should be out doing something interesting, like shaving cats, or eating hotdogs in a competition or something. I for one am proud of anyone that read this far and hasn't made 3+ comments in this thread because that either means you're quiet, not pig-headed, or lacking several fingers: all qualities I can sympathize with (sans the finger thing). That being said, here is a treat for anyone that has gotten this far and is disappointed in either the sportsmanship or the circus going on here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGObF2q63Ew

Cybernations: Serious Business
[img]http://watchplayread.com/files/2010/07/business.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Drugsup' timestamp='1298964957' post='2647832']
This was a fantastic war, but i cant help feeling that LOSS and DT came out the better regardless of the reps. Judging by the posts on this thread.
[/quote]

Yea, you sure did show them who's boss.

When will you people learn that a handful of people posting over and over again doesn't actually matter, its becoming almost a pet peeve of mine. Thing is, 60% of any given alliances membership thinks the other side is full of feces, regardless of which "other side" it is, and 40% simply don't care about whatever injustice is the flavor of the week because chances are its really just not that big of a deal to them. This is, of course, assuming were talking about an active alliance who can even be bothered to keep up, and we all know how rare that is. Looking broader, I would say about 10% or less of the active world communicates in this venue regularly, and the topics here are predominately populated by only a small number of people out of that handful itself, who just so happen to enjoy posting over and over again. What you see here decrying things or supporting them is nothing more then a drop in the bucket compared both the world at large or the opinions of individual alliances. So, when considering a 20-50 page topic you think is going swimmingly in your favor, understand that in reality, no one cares.

Real PR is derived from backroom opinions, not crying on the stage, and should be a secondary concern. Don't idolize those who based their existence on this planet off of being a sniveling weasels, crying to the heavens at the drop of a hat to garner the love and affection of a few dozen people. Instead, just buckle down and better yourselves. Think the 20k tech reps are severe? Good, you may be right, or you may be wrong, it doesn't matter. If you don't like it, use it to fuel your progress and come back with ten times the fervor as before.

Simply put, posting doesn't destroy infra, and never will.

Felt good to get that rant out, and do note that its by no means directed exclusively at DT. Good luck to all involved in rebuilding.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298964494' post='2647824']
I'm not sure I follow. Surely the fact that we took (relatively) large reparations from Dark Templar, when we have never done so before to anyone is an expression of our respect for their war-fighting abilities.

Of course, all we have to compare them to in recent memory is GDA, NADC and UBD! :P
[/quote]
Can I have some of whatever you are smoking please?

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1298970402' post='2647897']
Yea, you sure did show them who's boss.

When will you people learn that a handful of people posting over and over again doesn't actually matter, its becoming almost a pet peeve of mine. Thing is, 60% of any given alliances membership thinks the other side is full of feces, regardless of which "other side" it is, and 40% simply don't care about whatever injustice is the flavor of the week because chances are its really just not that big of a deal to them. This is, of course, assuming were talking about an active alliance who can even be bothered to keep up, and we all know how rare that is. Looking broader, I would say about 10% or less of the active world communicates in this venue regularly, and the topics here are predominately populated by only a small number of people out of that handful itself, who just so happen to enjoy posting over and over again. What you see here decrying things or supporting them is nothing more then a drop in the bucket compared both the world at large or the opinions of individual alliances. So, when considering a 20-50 page topic you think is going swimmingly in your favor, understand that in reality, no one cares.

Real PR is derived from backroom opinions, not crying on the stage, and should be a secondary concern. Don't idolize those who based their existence on this planet off of being a sniveling weasels, crying to the heavens at the drop of a hat to garner the love and affection of a few dozen people. Instead, just buckle down and better yourselves. Think the 20k tech reps are severe? Good, you may be right, or you may be wrong, it doesn't matter. If you don't like it, use it to fuel your progress and come back with ten times the fervor as before.

Simply put, posting doesn't destroy infra, and never will.

Felt good to get that rant out, and do note that its by no means directed exclusively at DT. Good luck to all involved in rebuilding.
[/quote]

CSN exits this war worse than when they joined it politically speaking. Majority of cyberverse, not only OWF, doesn't agree with the fact that DT is paying reparations to CSN when they were only defending an ally and mainly when was CSN who attacked them, even some members of CSN doesn't agreed with that. 20k tech wont pay the amount of bad PR that CSN got for their bad decision, soon or later they and everyone who supported their decision will realize that.

Terms too lenient. But sometimes you have to be merciful.

o/ CSN
o/ Legacy

Will look forwad for some people to put their guns where their words stand...

[img]http://www.atfreeforum.com/agp/images/smiles/tumbleweed2.gif[/img]

Luckly I've got a chair.

Edited by Krashnaia