Peace in Spite of Time

Xiphosis

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1296681569' post='2616534']
You mean that they wanted a piece of SLCB but were afraid all of the people who hate SOS would gang up on them? If that's the reason 1) you are right, 2) that doesn't exonerate them for fighting for their other ally.
[/quote]
No, I mean they wanted to come in and I asked them not to because of political considerations. Exactly as I said.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1296689549' post='2616667']
This is true, however I will point out that the only other front GOD is on at this time is UPN, who is not a GATO ally. I find it very unlikely we'll be consulted for IAA, and even if we are, I have no hard feelings for them.

We have given white peace in similar circumstances, and as the one who wrote the OP I'd just like to say that it's not fluff - I meant it. GATO/IAA were [psuedo]allies not long ago, and for all my feelings for our traditional enemies, I'm not so blind as to extend the feelings of slash, maim, burn to them.
[/quote]
Yeah, we covered this. :P
[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1296646830' post='2616030']The way I see it, we've got a standing offer of white peace from RIA who was attacking IAA. GOD were not. GOD were attacking us, and UPN. Why would GOD offer IAA reps?[/quote][quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1296648099' post='2616045']GOD is not at war with LoSS, IAA or TIO. With this peace agreement we are now only at war with UPN. Even we're not evil enough to extort tech from alliances we aren't even at war with.

Edit: Yet... I'll have to discuss this prospect with Xiphosis when I see him...[/quote][quote name='Locke' timestamp='1296648419' post='2616053']I must admit, I've not bothered keeping up on who's fighting who in this cluster$%&@ outside of my direct allies. I read this post of Xiph's and drew the wrong assumptions, I guess:
[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1296634162' post='2615956']
From RIA, just to be clear.
[/quote][/quote]

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1296713613' post='2617322']No, I mean they wanted to come in and I asked them not to because of political considerations. Exactly as I said.[/quote]
Seconding this. This is [b]exactly[/b] how it went down.

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1296684842' post='2616608']
You guys sure changed your tune quickly when you were no longer able to do this to others. I wonder how long it'll take to change back if you ever get any power again.
[/quote]
Paranoia will be your downfall.

It appears everyone got bored of telling GATO how horrible we are. I guess that's what happens with no grounds to base attacks on.

But I think people should probably stop discussing irrelevant matters here, thanks. Point is, people should continue with the: GATO are cowards, weak, etc. Carry on with that, it was more entertaining and at least it was [i]on topic[/i].

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1296741482' post='2617697']
It appears everyone got bored of telling GATO how horrible we are. I guess that's what happens with no grounds to base attacks on.

But I think people should probably stop discussing irrelevant matters here, thanks. Point is, people should continue with the: GATO are cowards, weak, etc. Carry on with that, it was more entertaining and at least it was [i]on topic[/i].
[/quote]

Perhaps GATO doing what it always does just isn't as interesting as other world events. Seems a bit silly to call attention back to your failure. I love you guys, but again? Really?

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1296725524' post='2617568']
Thank you for contributing to the discussion.
[/quote]

It's ironic that you say this. Declaring your own viewpoint as objective and accusing any dissenters of being in denial of the truth is about as destructive to a discussion as one could get, and you did exactly that.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1296748423' post='2617792']
Perhaps GATO doing what it always does just isn't as interesting as other world events. Seems a bit silly to call attention back to your failure. I love you guys, but again? Really?
[/quote]

It always amuses me that YOU of all people are one of the more judgmental when it comes to GATO. Maybe you should have stuck around and made a difference in our FA path instead of flaking out to STA and continuing to !@#$%* about things that displease you.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1296748423' post='2617792']
[/quote]
Raga, you've been my buddy since I first joined GATO. Hell, you were the one who processed my application, back when we worked through the CN forums and in-game PMs and had a Minister of Immigration. You and I set the policy tone for GATO for ages and ages together, and you and I were the ones that pushed Yoda into declaring on NPO all those years ago. So when I say I have a great amount of respect for you, you understand what I mean.

But you honestly have no clue what you're talking about here.

I assume the "again" is referring to what happened with NSO. I agree, that was a crappy situation and GATO made the worst move of all the ones available to them. NSO was hit directly and GATO should have rolled to war in support of their friends. This with IAA isn't the same situation at all. IAA was not attacked directly, they were supporting a war we did not condone, nor had any stake in whatsoever, except to ensure the continued safety of our friends in IAA. Had IAA been hit, we'd have gone down in flames with them, but that's not the case.

So kindly take your high horse elsewhere.

So I literally just read 15 pages of people bashing on GATO and people sticking up for GATO. And this is my feelings on this entire thread:

To start out a shoutout to Emperor Whimsical: It was fun and thanks for the tip. Tell TP and SC I say hi!

To GOD, RIA, TTK, and CRAP: Good fight guys, it was fun. Congrats to all on white peace. I personally only had the pleasure of fighting GOD, but I heard many good things about all the fun alliance wars.

And then just in general:
Has anyone else noticed that our only allies that are really defending us in this thread are Athens and ODN? I mean IAA of course posted the mandatory "We have no ill will....blah blah blah", but of course Omni added a nice jab at the end of his post. We didn't join this war to get rolled. We aren't pixel hugging hippies, but whats the point in burning to the ground when are ally is clearing going to burn with NpO. We aren't treatied to NpO, and thats not to say that I don't like NpO I have a few friends there, but our fate isn't tied to theirs. In reality we are treatied to our allies, I believe we have 6, so dont say its all our fault that we got put in the middle of this, we love our allies. And we feel the best way to help was to get them peace with RIA and then be there to rebuild them after the war.

I also want to thank GOD, RIA, CSN, TTK, CRAP, GOONS, ODN, and Athens for all the kind words and encouragement in this thread. I never expected these to be the people defending GATO, but then again its a whole new planet bob.

To IAA, LoSS, and TIO: Have fun fighting with NpO, we're here when you need us.

Edited by Empress Elizabeth

Given I went skiing soon after I attacked and pretty much missed the first part of the war to the extent I'm not sure I even launched a ground assault probably shouldn't comment. But I will anyway since there is still time left for a second round and to launch some nukes. ;)

Treaties are not suicide pacts. They are affirmations of friendships where everyone works to takes each others needs into account. Sometimes it is worth going down in flames to make a larger point. IAA is prepared to do that due to that nature of the attacks against NpO. But just because we made that determination doesn't mean we want to take everyone and everything we hold near and dear to us along with us. GATO has no treaty with Polaris and we have no desire to bring them down in what will probably be more of a symbolic point than much of anything else.

GATO met it's treaty obligations and gave what it thought it could and achieved what it thought it should. And we're fine with that.

[quote name='Empress Elizabeth' timestamp='1296757996' post='2617927']
Has anyone else noticed that our only allies that are really defending us in this thread are Athens and ODN? I mean IAA of course posted the mandatory "We have no ill will....blah blah blah", but of course Omni added a nice jab at the end of his post. We didn't join this war to get rolled. We aren't pixel hugging hippies, but whats the point in burning to the ground when are ally is clearing going to burn with NpO. We aren't treatied to NpO, and thats not to say that I don't like NpO I have a few friends there, but our fate isn't tied to theirs. In reality we are treatied to our allies, I believe we have 6, so dont say its all our fault that we got put in the middle of this, we love our allies. And we feel the best way to help was to get them peace with RIA and then be there to rebuild them after the war.
[/quote]

Well said. Nothing bad can be said about GATO's decision to join and GATO's decision to exit. You guys made it clear from the start that you would defend all of your allies, and this was very brave. And as you said, you were fighting for those allies and not for Polaris.

As I'm sure you've found out, though, many members of Polaris have both a very evident system of entitlement and a very evident victim complex. Ignore them and all others on their side who are castigating you. Be proud of yourselves.

Edited by Crymson

[quote]I also want to thank GOD, RIA, CSN, TTK, CRAP, GOONS, ODN, and Athens for all the kind words and encouragement in this thread. I never expected these to be the people defending GATO, but then again its a whole new planet bob.[/quote]

It's been several years since GOD considered GATO one of the enemies. :P

[quote name='Empress Elizabeth' timestamp='1296757996' post='2617927']
Has anyone else noticed that our only allies that are really defending us in this thread are Athens and ODN? I mean IAA of course posted the mandatory "We have no ill will....blah blah blah", but of course Omni added a nice jab at the end of his post. We didn't join this war to get rolled.
[/quote]

Talk to DP, Greg, Sg, and the most of your gov about my shot at the end. That's all I'll say in public.

Just one of the many interesting things that happen post great war is the change in treaties/relationships. I know it will happen with iFOK and I'm sure GATO and others will form new relationships and reevaluate old ones....when all the dust settles. This has been a fun topic to surf through in those regards. Much respect to both sides here.

It is an alliance's duty to do what is in its best interests. GATO has done more for the Empire than any alliance in the history of Planet Bob, and nothing shall ever change that. They are, and always shall be, our closest friend and brother. Any person, be they member of IAA or not, who disparages that in an attempt to score some petty PR points here will have to answer to me. The Imperial Assault Alliance will, as always, bleed and die for GATO, as they have done for us.

Thank you, my friends, for a battle well fought and blood well spilled.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1296792111' post='2618777']
Apologies to GATO. I still stand by a lot of what I said, that early withdraw hurts a larger more important conflict, but GATO's motives and actions weren't cowardly as I first thought.
[/quote]
You always were one of the most reasonable, level-headed people around. Good to see you still are.

I personally appreciate it this, Raga.