Best. War. Ever.

Hyperion321

It'd be the best war if the other side put their NS where their mouth is. The Orders side has roughly 40+ million NS they could call in and actually make this a tough fight. The VE/MK side has us, 9 million NS. Considering VE/MK's side currently has around a 40 million NS advantage, Orders would only be down around 10 mil, the closest war in years. But instead they wallow in fear in peace mode. I remain baffled, though I hope that this is some genius tactical strategy that I simply do not comprehend and they still make it interesting.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1296088250' post='2603697']
Speak for yourself. :P

This is probably the first time I have ever agreed with Hyperion.

It is about damn time people started fighting again.
[/quote]

Just waiting to be put into your range, caps.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1296089776' post='2603751']
I remain baffled, though I hope that this is some genius tactical strategy that I simply do not comprehend and they still make it interesting.
[/quote]

If having more alliances declare is going to make it more interesting for you, then take a page out of Doomhouses book and get them involved. What makes things "interesting" for you/TOP I honestly couldn't care less and hopefully the alliances you refer to feel the same way. The only person who needs to make things interesting for you is...wait for it...you.

Edited by Vladisvok Destino

Best war ever? Maybe, but most players on the losing side would disagree. How many people enjoy being triple-teamed and watching their pixels burn to crisp for the next month or so, and then pray that the victors are nice enough to not slap down rep terms everywhere?

War with complete lack of logic and the worst CBs? Definitely.

So unless if I get 100% guarantee that none of the victor alliances are going to demand the losers to bleed money and tech as if the losers were hemophiliacs break dancing on beds of nails; I'm going to be pessimistic.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1296057310' post='2602760']
If everyone can walk away happy, or at least feeling like they tried their best and now its time to rebuild, and if we don't see the often repeated cycle of "reparations" designed not so much to make whole what was lost but merely put someone out of action long term, then this will indeed be "the best war ever" and real change will have taken place.

Additional notes: VE's cheesy CB has been a blessing to those who didn't want to see a simple curb stomp...no side here is 100% in the wrong or 100% in the right if we're all being honest, and this war is probably the easiest ever in terms of having a clear conscious about pushing the war button. If some dislike the aggressive play of the MK side, then you have plenty of opportunity to do something about it. If you prefer to sit it out and wait to see if your alliance, undamaged by all the brawling, comes out ahead in the end, then there's even room for you and plenty of popcorn. There's also a tiny bit of space for some payback for past b.s., though if we keep it to things that happened after 2007, that's probably be good...

...anyway, it's been fun to watch, fun to comment on and make pointed remarks about and hopefully we'll all look back on it one day and be glad we were here for it.
[/quote]
Agreed, poor CBs that aren't punished by years of reps are great.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1296090571' post='2603779']My people throw potatos at the tanks. You will not have a chance. :P [/quote]
Potatos -> Vodka -> Distillation -> Molotov cocktail.

You sir are [i]astute[/i]!

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1296101625' post='2604169']
War with complete lack of logic and the worst CBs? Definitely.
[/quote]

A reminder: in the history of CN there was an occasion where the green protection agency were seen as enough of a threat that they got dogpiled.

I'll probably lose half my infra by the end of this war. My opponents will have lost more. But it's still a fun war. Both sides are just even enough that even the smallest alliances will be able to make a difference. Yeah, the NS isn't as good as it looks with one side having poor fighters, and the other having Umbrella/MK/TOP, but for most of the fights, every single person fighting makes a difference.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1296128154' post='2605341']
I'll probably lose half my infra by the end of this war. My opponents will have lost more. But it's still a fun war. Both sides are just even enough that even the smallest alliances will be able to make a difference. Yeah, the NS isn't as good as it looks with one side having poor fighters, and the other having Umbrella/MK/TOP, but for most of the fights, every single person fighting makes a difference.
[/quote]

Agreed. VE can you drag MHA into this war :P:ehm:

This is absolutely the best war I've had the pleasure of being involved in. Being a spectator to the developments of this war and sharing in the experience of the Doomhouse military roaring to life as one has been an absolute blast. It also helps that I don't particularly like most of the alliances on the other side.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1295979620' post='2600534']
This is the first war in a long time that I am actually excited about. We have [b]finally[/b] returned to the old ways of CN. Major alliances are debating black operations against one another and [i]actually going to war over it[/i]. People are doing away with arbitrary treaty chains and politics and just attacking the enemy. Pacifica and FAN/MK, the two greatest historical enemies in CN history are going at for the hell of it [i]and loving every minute[/i] that they get to tear each other apart. People have allies on both sides but are fighting anyway, in some cases on both sides. Major powers are flipping sides left and right. No longer are we constrained by fear of reps of repercussions for our actions. We are all, finally, doing what we want when we want to. We are [i]finally[/i] playing CN again. This isn't the "Bye-Polar War" - this is the "Cut the bull-$%&@ War".

To Pacifica, good luck in beating the hell out of Doomhouse.
To Doomhouse, good luck in beating the hell out of Pacifica.
To AZTEC, thanks for giving us something to do. I'm sure we'll both enjoy the destruction ;)
[b]To NSO [/b]and Legion, hurry the hell up. This war won't last forever.
To RIA, you gentlemen have quite the pair on you. I like it. :smug:
To Polar and VE, thanks.

So let's all cut the bull-$%&@ people. This war is big, bloody, and awesome, and we all know it. I don't know if this war will revive CN, I guess that depends on if people other than Polar get white peace or reps, but what I do know is that this is the most fun I've had here in years. Thanks everyone.
[/quote]

AZTEC is curb-stomping you enough :)

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1296101937' post='2604177']
I agree with the OP. This is the best war ever.
[/quote]
I take this back.

While I enjoy the drama that is buzzing around I can't help but feel envious of those alliances that are fighting the good fight.

Well, I happened to pop in to check on CN, and made a new nation when I saw NV was at war. It was particularly fun when I was waiting to be able to declare, and during the first update.

Now that my three Spartan enemies have a total soldier count of 2 while my allies are having all the fun getting jumped by alliances 10x their size, not so much. :awesome: But yeah, I'm enjoying the war. Would be more exciting if I still had my old nation. I'll stick around for a while after this war, but I'm not really getting the feeling that we'll come out with a higher population than we started with.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1295979620' post='2600534']
Major powers are flipping sides left and right. No longer are we constrained by fear of reps of repercussions for our actions.
[/quote]
Are you a !@#$@#$ liar, illiterate, or oblivious? Or do you have some noble plan to stand between the guys you're supporting and their threats about reps?

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='MOOFER' timestamp='1296148813' post='2605768']
AZTEC is curb-stomping you enough :)
[/quote]
xD I WONDER IF WE'LL MAKE IT........

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1296450249' post='2612105']
Are you a !@#$@#$ liar, illiterate, or oblivious? Or do you have some noble plan to stand between the guys you're supporting and their threats about reps?
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Hyp's not talking about the core of this war, but all the sideline wars going on. Defending an ally isn't going to get you in half a years debt under surrender terms. At least that's how I interpreted it.

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1296450929' post='2612169']
xD I WONDER IF WE'LL MAKE IT........

I'm pretty sure Hyp's not talking about the core of this war, but all the sideline wars going on. Defending an ally isn't going to get you in half a years debt under surrender terms. At least that's how I interpreted it.
[/quote]
Yep. Polar is obviously getting reps, but there is no point to any fringe alliance having to pay anything...even NPO.