Best. War. Ever.

Hyperion321

This is the first war in a long time that I am actually excited about. We have [b]finally[/b] returned to the old ways of CN. Major alliances are debating black operations against one another and [i]actually going to war over it[/i]. People are doing away with arbitrary treaty chains and politics and just attacking the enemy. Pacifica and FAN/MK, the two greatest historical enemies in CN history are going at for the hell of it [i]and loving every minute[/i] that they get to tear each other apart. People have allies on both sides but are fighting anyway, in some cases on both sides. Major powers are flipping sides left and right. No longer are we constrained by fear of reps of repercussions for our actions. We are all, finally, doing what we want when we want to. We are [i]finally[/i] playing CN again. This isn't the "Bye-Polar War" - this is the "Cut the bull-$%&@ War".

To Pacifica, good luck in beating the hell out of Doomhouse.
To Doomhouse, good luck in beating the hell out of Pacifica.
To AZTEC, thanks for giving us something to do. I'm sure we'll both enjoy the destruction ;)
To NSO and Legion, hurry the hell up. This war won't last forever.
To RIA, you gentlemen have quite the pair on you. I like it. :smug:
To Polar and VE, thanks.

So let's all cut the bull-$%&@ people. This war is big, bloody, and awesome, and we all know it. I don't know if this war will revive CN, I guess that depends on if people other than Polar get white peace or reps, but what I do know is that this is the most fun I've had here in years. Thanks everyone.

Edited by Hyperion321

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defense departments love this war. FA departments do not. I will admit it is epic... but then again so was Gilgamesh, and that was really boring get through and ended in tragedy if I remember correctly. For now, yes this is quite fun, and I am thoroughly enjoying it, but for the future... we shall see.

I was all for it at the onset, but the last few events have turned it way more meanspirited and bitter. I like the fun wars where the sides can shake hands at the end and go about their business.

Edited by sammykhalifa

I absolutely agree.

The only disappointing thing from this war so far is that the peanut gallery seems to be allergic to change. Changing the world means you're evil, and changing your mind means you're a hipocrite.

Edit: Gasp, Hyperion, we agree on something! :o

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1295980093' post='2600561']
This depends on the perspective of a player in game. Those wining, for them it will always be awesome, those losing more often then not will not have as much fun.

It is all quite understandable.
[/quote]

Oh come on, you aren't having any fun at all? :P

[quote name='sammykhalifa' timestamp='1295980602' post='2600588']
I was all for it at the onset, but the last few events have turned it way more meanspirited and bitter. I like the fun wars where the sides can shake hands at the end and go about their business.
[/quote]

War is mean-spirited and bitter, it's part of the game. You can still go shake hands with them OOC, but IC it'd be better if there were more bitter rivalries and more mudslinging going on.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='sammykhalifa' timestamp='1295980602' post='2600588']
[/quote]

Only when you have true feelings can you really simulate political and military dealings. If there are no consequences then there is no motivation and no motivation breeds apathy. Back in "my day" CN was fueled with anger and rage, and that was what made it great. Recently apathy has crept in and made the actual battle results meaningless. This looks to change and that's a very good thing.

Although I wish the diplomatic front was given more time to work rather than a rush to War. I believe everything can be worked out if the warring parties would all just sit down and rap honestly and openly about our feelings toward one another.

Edited by Jocko Homo

[color="#0000FF"]Personally I find this war to be the most fun I've had since noCB. I am not sure there should be no terms, but honestly, the defeated alliances, whoever loses (still is in the air, could go either way depending on certain factors at this point), should not be crippled. Harsh terms for the core alliances, I suppose is the norm, but not to the point where the are immobilized and sidelined for a year, as has been the case so far since Karma. Major alliances should be able to get back into play relatively quickly. A month or two of reps is more than enough to seed enough resentment for there to be motivation for revenge. Keeping someone down for a year or more just gives people motivation to not do anything out of fear of that being them. That is something most of you have yet to figure out for some reason I do not know.[/color]

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1295982426' post='2600634']
Oh come on, you aren't having any fun at all? :P

War is mean-spirited and bitter, it's part of the game. You can still go shake hands with them OOC, but IC it'd be better if there were more bitter rivalries and more mudslinging going on.
[/quote]

True. I was talking more about the kind of stuff that leads people to still be real-life angry about things that happened 3 or 4 years ago.

[quote name='sammykhalifa' timestamp='1295983181' post='2600657']
True. I was talking more about the kind of stuff that leads people to still be real-life angry about things that happened 3 or 4 years ago.
[/quote]
[ooc]If people get RL angry for 3-4 years over this game, they really shouldn't be playing. That's unhealthy.[/ooc]

This war has a lot of promise. Pretty much everyone is (or will be) involved. The sides look nearly even. There is real rivalry and animosity between the major players. Here's hoping that people treat this like an actual war and pay for keeps, rather than white peacing as soon as they loose 20% of their NS.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1295983171' post='2600656']
[color="#0000FF"]Personally I find this war to be the most fun I've had since noCB. I am not sure there should be no terms, but honestly, the defeated alliances, whoever loses (still is in the air, could go either way depending on certain factors at this point), should not be crippled. Harsh terms for the core alliances, I suppose is the norm, but not to the point where the are immobilized and sidelined for a year, as has been the case so far since Karma. Major alliances should be able to get back into play relatively quickly. A month or two of reps is more than enough to seed enough resentment for there to be motivation for revenge. Keeping someone down for a year or more just gives people motivation to not do anything out of fear of that being them. That is something most of you have yet to figure out for some reason I do not know.[/color]
[/quote]

I fear with both wars going on that lighter terms will not be the case. They will both probably be long, drawn out wars that end with very harsh terms and the people on top will extend their ns lead over those on the bottom.