Best. War. Ever.

Hyperion321

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1295980093' post='2600561']
This depends on the perspective of a player in game. Those wining, for them it will always be awesome, those losing more often then not will not have as much fun.

It is all quite understandable.
[/quote]

I was in the VE before it got pwned and started losing interest. Then the Viridicide happened. All of a sudden I could name all the influential treaties. Then I went to GPA. Then, GPA got pwned. I couldn't believe it. I was furious. I wanted to revenge, I wanted blood, etc etc blah blah "I hate you guys". The usual hate filled drivel. Those two events are in my opinion two utterly terrible things to happen to planet bob. The thing is, I knew who the major players were after that. I knew all the treaties. All of a sudden I browsed the OWF. This IRC thing was no longer something too technologically complex.

I'm not sure if it was fun, but knowing that you and those you consider your brethren are thrown to the wolves, only to face the great injustice of your home being unjustly attacked and to come out as one of those who doesn't abandon their peers. That does something to a person. [size="1"](haven't you heard, if it is your own alliance any attack on it is automatically unjust. Though I can hardly blame anyone for thinking that way since I do too)[/size]

Edited by leprecon

Those who are saying that this will be an even war, where the hell are you get your derivations from? The Orders side is going to get it's head kicked in, just realize it, buckle up and try and distribute as much damage as you can as you descend via the just path.

[quote name='leprecon' timestamp='1295989605' post='2600883']That does something to a person.[/quote]
Hopefully its all just IC, lol

My point was fairly simple, players in general don't like to lose so find the experience less fun. So they usually do not open threads about "most.epic.war.ever.z", it is those who are wining. Hence my point about it depending on perception of the situation. All self explanatory really.

[quote name='Tarikmo' timestamp='1295990156' post='2600902']
This is some of the most fun I've had here in a long time, thanks everyone, cheers all around.
[/quote]

You know what sucks? The fact that I'll be descending to ZI via the just path with [i]you[/i]. :P

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1295990907' post='2600922']
You know what sucks? The fact that I'll be descending to ZI via the just path with [i]you[/i]. :P
[/quote]
It's true, I made PB attack NpO, just so I could grace you with my presence in this war.

Edited by Tarikmo

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1295990034' post='2600897']
Those who are saying that this will be an even war, where the hell are you get your derivations from? The Orders side is going to get it's head kicked in, just realize it, buckle up and try and distribute as much damage as you can as you descend via the just path.
[/quote]
The [i]best conceivable scenario[/i] for VE is that Duckroll, MHA, Fark, TOP, and a few others come in and only TOOL, TPF, and Legion go in for NPpO. In that scenario, the ratio of NS is still only 1.46 in favor of VE.

Assuming IRON, Fark, MHA, and TOP stay out while TOOL, TPF, and Legion go in for NPpO, the NS ratio is only 1.05 in favor of VE.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' timestamp='1295991613' post='2600942']
The [i]best conceivable scenario[/i] for VE is that Duckroll, MHA, Fark, TOP, and a few others come in and only TOOL, TPF, and Legion go in for NPpO. In that scenario, the ratio of NS is still only 1.46 in favor of VE.

Assuming IRON, Fark, MHA, and TOP stay out while TOOL, TPF, and Legion go in for NPpO, the NS ratio is only 1.05 in favor of VE.
[/quote]

You act as if we're evenly matched, we're not. Legion is not equivalent to TOP.

Though I have to say good job on those ratios, I didn't know before. Though last I checked aren't the current ratios 2 to 1 with them having more people in reserve?

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1295991757' post='2600948']
You act as if we're evenly matched, we're not. Legion is not equivalent to TOP.

Though I have to say good job on those ratios, I didn't know before. Though last I checked aren't the current ratios 2 to 1 with them having more people in reserve?
[/quote]
Current ratio is 1.22. I'm not sure about reserves because I don't know who is staying neutral.

I did a couple of more though.

TOOL/TPF/Legion/Duckroll on NPpO vs. no one new for VE, 0.95 VE (so advantage NPpO).

If the same as above except with TOP for VE, it's exactly 1.00.

That stats aren't exact. I estimated the size of alliances and don't know when the stats on alliances already in war have last been updated.

Edit: Granted, as you say, VE side certainly has the better upper tier.

Edited by Aeternos Astramora

Actually, one must consider the different fronts here, even wars. Bulking everybody in clean two sides isn't the best representation as on various fronts things are at various levels.

CN warfare is complex as such, heh. Being that I am not "numbers guy", it makes it very difficult for me to have a precise picture. Though I think VE/Doom has this in a bag I believe, being that they have odds on almost every front clearly giving them the edge.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1295983171' post='2600656']
[color="#0000FF"]Personally I find this war to be the most fun I've had since noCB. I am not sure there should be no terms, but honestly, the defeated alliances, whoever loses (still is in the air, could go either way depending on certain factors at this point), should not be crippled. Harsh terms for the core alliances, I suppose is the norm, but not to the point where the are immobilized and sidelined for a year, as has been the case so far since Karma. Major alliances should be able to get back into play relatively quickly. A month or two of reps is more than enough to seed enough resentment for there to be motivation for revenge. Keeping someone down for a year or more just gives people motivation to not do anything out of fear of that being them. That is something most of you have yet to figure out for some reason I do not know.[/color]
[/quote]
Did I just agree with RV? You know this war is awesome when stuff you never thought would happen does. :D

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1295979620' post='2600534']
constrained by fear of reps of repercussions for our actions.
[/quote]

Yea... but they will still come :(

Edited by Axolotlia

[color="#0000FF"]Personally I find this war to be the most fun I've had since noCB. I am not sure there should be no terms, but honestly, the defeated alliances, whoever loses (still is in the air, could go either way depending on certain factors at this point), should not be crippled. Harsh terms for the core alliances, I suppose is the norm, but not to the point where the are immobilized and sidelined for a year, as has been the case so far since Karma. Major alliances should be able to get back into play relatively quickly. A month or two of reps is more than enough to seed enough resentment for there to be motivation for revenge. Keeping someone down for a year or more just gives people motivation to not do anything out of fear of that being them. That is something most of you have yet to figure out for some reason I do not know.[/color]
[/quote]

I agree on all aspects. I'm all for Global !@#$@#$ War where we all get down and dirty. Hell, I'd support more wars like what DH did if everyone could just walk away after a while and let it all build up again.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1295998759' post='2601212']
No. There will be no harsh terms at the end of this, we've learned from our mistakes.
[/quote]
Much respect if this turns out to be true. But, before then, there's a war to fight, and we should be thinking about that instead of what happens afterwards [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif[/img]

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1295998759' post='2601212']
No. There will be no harsh terms at the end of this, we've learned from our mistakes.
[/quote]

Hope this is true, until then... fight on i guess :smug:

[/quote]
I... agree... completely. I need a shower.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1295998968' post='2601217']
Much respect if this turns out to be true. But, before then, there's a war to fight, and we should be thinking about that instead of what happens afterwards [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif[/img]
[/quote]

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1295999955' post='2601241']
Hope this is true, until then... fight on i guess :smug:
[/quote]

I don't think either of you got what my esteemed Shroom really meant.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1296003201' post='2601394']
I don't think either of you got what my esteemed Shroom really meant.
[/quote]
Guys what he is saying is that NPO won't be getting any terms at all. The mistake was letting NPO live. God I'm so smart. :smug: