Declaration of War From the Viridian Entente

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1295325808' post='2580073']
I'm still cool with Polar burning.
[/quote]

Ah, no doubt Polar burning would be a pleasant sight, but I'm torn between if I would rather see VE burn. Quite frankly, either one would be fantastic.

Loving your response time, btw. On top of your game.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1295325695' post='2580063']
As King Srqt said earlier, the information is in check in threads we use. Any member has access to the threads.
[/quote]

If the information is easy to obtain and unimportant, why would you jump at the chance to attack over it? It is perfectly fine to just say that you dislike Polar and were more geeked out about hitting them. I've led an alliance before, I know how it goes. You're more likely to "give a pass" to an alliance you have no issue with and are far more likely to roll tanks against someone you can't stand.

Granted, I don't personally care about the CB. If you feel it is war-worthy, then you should attack ... and have done so. I would just rather see people being honest about their motives.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1295325695' post='2580063']
As King Srqt said earlier, the information is in check in threads we use. Any member has access to the threads.
[/quote]
We have check ins as well, but we tend not to let our regular members see important information like other people's warchests. In our entire alliance only 4 people have access to the entire data set- seems kind of common sense to me.

[quote name='Zeta Defender' timestamp='1295325333' post='2580042']
Based on Impero waving the Academy part; This not only smells like a set up, it tastes like one too. I'm betting 50T, Lennox was a Double Agent.
[/quote]

People waive academy requirements all the time. Stop grasping at something that isn't there. I have done it about 3 times in Ronin and I did it numerous times in the NAAC. It is not an uncommon thing at all.

[quote name='foxfire99' timestamp='1295325537' post='2580059']
The crucial and rather obvious difference being that NpO directed Lennox to spy on VE, whereas in Karma this was not the case.
[/quote]

He basically said that VE would be a good alliance to spy on because they're important.

[quote name='captain america' timestamp='1295325795' post='2580071']
its good to know that you willingly admit to being incompetent.

Also you might want to tell your fellas how to stagger properly ;)
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq31/cduggan81d/SithBiznus/StaggerFail.jpg[/IMG]

I guess even since 6m they still haven't learned how to do so properly.

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1295325941' post='2580090']
Rest assured I won't be standing by your side anytime soon.
[/quote]But then how are you going to [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97239&view=findpost&p=2580100]roast marshmellows[/url] with Lord Curzon?

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1295320766' post='2579752']
What exactly would constitute an "original" CB these days, out of curiosity?

In any event, the only thing that's cuter than VE being called out on quickly acting against actions meant to harm their alliance is VE being blamed for said actions in the first place.
[/quote]

Original would be declaring on them because their polar bears messed up your garden. Or because they did not refer to your government officials by their proper formal titles. And what would be refreshing and something that is almost never done. Declaring on someone because their are ugly and you don't like them.

All a lot cleaner than the faux-morality in stretching the definition of "spying" that seems to start every war. Year after year. Would people still complain? Sure. Everyone loves to complain. But at least it would be something new and a tad less annoying.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1295326019' post='2580103']
People waive academy requirements all the time. Stop grasping at something that isn't there. I have done it about 3 times in Ronin and I did it numerous times in the NAAC. It is not an uncommon thing at all.
[/quote]

Especially for people claiming to be noobs.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1295326094' post='2580109']
But then how are you going to [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97239&view=findpost&p=2580100]roast marshmellows[/url] with Lord Curzon?
[/quote]
As my superior officer, he is fully within his rights to roast over whatever fire he chooses.

I, however, will watch from afar as VE does the Lord's work.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1295326038' post='2580105']
[IMG]http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq31/cduggan81d/SithBiznus/StaggerFail.jpg[/IMG]

I guess even since 6m they still haven't learned how to do so properly.
[/quote]

VE couldn't even destroy us in "6mill" lol. How do they plan on hurting Polar is beyond me. :lol1:

[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Kevin32891,
Darth Creepy,
Sith Lord,
New Sith Order.[/font]

Edited by kevin32891

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1295326119' post='2580114']
Especially for people claiming to be noobs.
[/quote]

There is this AWESOME invention called IRC. Experienced players who want to keep the past the past will often query the Alliance Leader or Official in charge of admission to plead their case if they feel the secret would be safe.

Man, I am sure NOTHING like this happens at least once a week.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1295325952' post='2580092']
If the information is easy to obtain and unimportant, why would you jump at the chance to attack over it? It is perfectly fine to just say that you dislike Polar and were more geeked out about hitting them. I've led an alliance before, I know how it goes. You're more likely to "give a pass" to an alliance you have no issue with and are far more likely to roll tanks against someone you can't stand.

Granted, I don't personally care about the CB. If you feel it is war-worthy, then you should attack ... and have done so. I would just rather see people being honest about their motives.
[/quote]
Easy to obtain if you are a member doesn't mean it should be easy to obtain elsewhere. At worst VE is guilty of having too much trust in their membership. Polar however is guilty of keeping in contact and accepting info from a spy.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1295326094' post='2580109']
But then how are you going to [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97239&view=findpost&p=2580100]roast marshmellows[/url] with Lord Curzon?
[/quote]

Fear not, I'll brave the heat of the radioactive fire while my fellows get the chocolate and graham crackers. That way we can return to our corner to watch the festivities in peace.