Why I am resigning from AcTi

Teddyyo

So what I'm getting from this:

Teddy you did come off as a dick in your first message, so I can see why R1 got mad back at you. You also overreacted real bad. Not putting your name on something is not a big deal. It's not something to threaten, or even consider ZI or an attack at all. If you were really that worried about it, you could have requested it from him, being nice, or if you already had problems with him went to Batallion who could have talked it out or mediated.

R1, from what I've seen, is a tool. There was no reason to publicly disrespect any of his fellow AcTi members in a public channel, let alone the second in command (or co-founder... whatever). He's had problems with alliances in the past, and just from things I have heard that he does or has done, I wouldn't want him in my alliance.

Personally, I would have gotten rid of R1, but admittedly I don't know Teddy. So I will just agree with my friend Batallion's decision because I know he is most likely doing what's right.

Good luck to AcTi. :)

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What we have here appears to be a case of governmental adverse possession, wherein an alliance leader abandons their post for an extended period of time and a lower one gradually takes over the duties and makes improvements. Discovering this by way of not being mentioned in the treaties set off the OP, and the combined insufferability of him and R1 caused the fallout. Either way you're both terrible and you should probably just disband your alliance.

Teddyyo and Batt have been together for a long time, through other worlds other than this one. That he would cast Tedd aside for someone like xR1, who will undoubtedly prove in the end to be a disloyal piece of trash, shows more about Batt than it does about xR1. Everyone knows xR1 is trash, I personally had higher opinions of Batt before this.

I welcome anyone who wants to attack Teddyyo to please do so. He is officially under protection of the Viridian Entente. I also welcome anyone who wants to roll xR1, you may have an unlikely friend in this.

If ever I have doubts about my own alliance, reading this sort of thing dispels them and makes me feel good.

It seems that none of the three protoganists comes out of this looking good. Neither does AcTi, which comes across as a toy alliance.

Teddyyo, it looks like you are better off having left, though the fact that the catalyst was a bruised ego is not something to be proud of.

[quote name='DictatatorDan' timestamp='1288757985' post='2500560']
[color="#FF0000"]I am compelled to ask the one glaringly obvious question that nobody dares to ask.
Who cares?[/color]
[/quote]
Have to echo this. Why do people think anybody really cares what goes on in their own alliance? I know that I personally don't give a !@%#.

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1288754810' post='2500458']
I didn't say he should be kicked. I said he must be kicked, to snip the bud before it blooms into a nightmare. You didn't agree. I said, him or me. You made your choice.
[/quote]
I know nothing about this particular situation. I know a lot about xr1. Teddyyo, you're absolutely right.

Leaving an alliance which has swat/xr1 in government is always a good decision as well.

[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1288796527' post='2500879']
Both of your are babies. Grow up.
[/quote]

That would eliminate the need for this entire discourse which is mildly entertaining. I dont know about you but Im here for the lulz, so lets get more log dumps, more friendships flushed down the toliet and pages and pages of uninvolved parties pontificating on the matter.

The peanut gallery hungers

[quote name='Thorgrum' timestamp='1288797301' post='2500884']
That would eliminate the need for this entire discourse which is mildly entertaining. I dont know about you but Im here for the lulz, so lets get more log dumps, more friendships flushed down the toliet and pages and pages of uninvolved parties pontificating on the matter.

[/quote]

I'm with you chum. I may not care or have any idea who AcTi were before today, but damn if this thread ain't entertaining.

Someone needs to declare war though after that tease between the weeaboos.

[quote name='Thorgrum' timestamp='1288797301' post='2500884']

[/quote]

Finally someone gets it! AcTi kept me well entertained over the summer, I even got a great member out of it, and the act continues now!

Good luck with whatever you do, Teddy. I didn't really know you but you aren't a bad guy. Maybe now you can branch out and learn how to work with more... normal people.

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1288753550' post='2500423']
Batallion gets on later, and we discuss what happens. I told him: that guy, or me.
He said: me.
[/quote]

So you gave an ultimatum...am I understanding this correctly? If so, out of everything here, THAT was your mistake. It doesn't matter how bad the other dude was. How else IS someone supposed to respond to an ultimatum without looking like he/she is giving in to a threat? I would be tempted to say "bye, sorry to see you go" in that situation.

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1288753550' post='2500423']So here I am. Goodbye AcTi, clan I have been in through multiple games in multiple years. Sad to have to leave because of one guy, however I am not going to be around when AcTi fails because of mistakes he will make. Because of him smarting off to people, one of which will eventually be one he shouldn't have.
[/quote]

Go back, admit you overreacted and enjoy additional years in a community you obviously otherwise enjoy. That's my advice for what it's worth.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1288758176' post='2500565']
AcTi sounds like a joke and you sound like an egotistical child. Nobody wins from this thread.
[/quote]

Untrue. I've been giggling all the way through. I can't help but feel like I won.

I don't really want to comment on an alliance I honestly don't know..but here are my 2 cents..

Most alliances have problems of ego from "founding" members, or just members who have been high up and are now retired, or less active then they used to be. Members start to develop feelings of ownerships of an alliance, and get very emotional. Its hard to be back to being a "normal" member or to just realise that you are no longer as important as you used to be. This is especially hard when a new "star" quickly rises in an alliance.

From my very brief look at these logs, seems that the alliance has reached the point where it needs some clear rules, clear charter etc, that state who has what position and what power. Having a clear set of rules, normally helps stop people feeling they "own" the alliance.

Both guys here need to shrug, and be a little more humble. It is a shame to leave an alliance you liked because of a hurt ego. CN is only about the community you make - loosing it reminds you of how little there is to do in the game.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1288755067' post='2500471']
To be honest regardless of how illogical you thought Teddyo's demands were I would've told XR to take a hike; he thinks he's done more than you, and he's not going to be loyal to you.
[/quote]

You should listen to this man.

I am very disappointed by this whole situation.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1288808257' post='2501017']
Teddyyo, you should join GOONS. We're bad about letting younger members into gov, but we try not to let them run everything and kick out older gov as a result.
[/quote]

/me shakes his fist. LIAR!!! :mad:

Heh, jus' kiddin. :blush: