Why I am resigning from AcTi

Teddyyo

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1288875670' post='2501830']
Why would any alliance leader in their right mind let someone who'd been in the alliance for less than a month have higher powers in IRC, kb a founder, and effectively drive out the other founder? Battalion has presumably known Teddyo for longer than he's known xr1, to me it would seem logical to favor the former over the latter. Maybe he wanted to get someone onboard who knew more about how politics here worked but I have to think that favoring a newer member over a cofounder was a bit of a mistake.
[/quote]

I have to agree completely here.

Apart from the fact that Xiph would probably kick both members, if it came to such a showdown in a PUBLIC channel, the whole situation should never have arisen. As soon as a wellrespected member, a founder no less, has complaints against a new member who is a known troublemaker he gets the boot. It's as easy as that. I don't care how much he's done in those 24 days he can't be depended upon like an old member who you know will stand with you in the next war. And the one after that. If it's an either or decision I'll take the oldie every time.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1288875670' post='2501830']
Why would any alliance leader in their right mind let someone who'd been in the alliance for less than a month have higher powers in IRC, kb a founder, and effectively drive out the other founder? Battalion has presumably known Teddyo for longer than he's known xr1, to me it would seem logical to favor the former over the latter. Maybe he wanted to get someone onboard who knew more about how politics here worked but I have to think that favoring a newer member over a cofounder was a bit of a mistake.
[/quote]

Logic? Sounds like you haven't had the pleasure of chatting with Batallion before

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1288894302' post='2501999']
If I were someone who cared about AcTi, I'd be angrily wondering what the hell is going on.

Since I don't, this is [i]hilarious.[/i]
[/quote]

I'm surprised DB4D hasn't shown up yet, being how they're the only alliance with which AcTi has a treaty (albeit an ODP). Unless of course the Wiki is outdated and that's gone too, which is always a distinct possibility. :P

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1288901967' post='2502094']
I'm surprised DB4D hasn't shown up yet, being how they're the only alliance with which AcTi has a treaty (albeit an ODP). Unless of course the Wiki is outdated and that's gone too, which is always a distinct possibility. :P
[/quote]

The way those guys conduct their FA, I'm surprised they even have a 1 treaty. From my experience and if anyone wants to collaborate to this, feel free:

Batt: Hi, I'm leader of AcTi (Link)
Batt: We have stats!
KingEd: Ok, hey, what's up?
Batt: Treaty us!
KingEd: What?

More or less....

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1288902865' post='2502105']
The way those guys conduct their FA, I'm surprised they even have a 1 treaty. From my experience and if anyone wants to collaborate to this, feel free:

More or less....
[/quote]

Reminds me of mellonhead/leaderofamerica's public attempt to get people to sign treaties with MO, in the AA section. :P Hoo boy, that crashed and burned.

So you quit AcTi, abandoning your position as co-founder because you had an argument with an abrassive newcomer over getting your name on an announcement?

Then you log dumped it all for everyone?

That's... not the most impressive series of decisions I've ever seen. What did you hope to accomplish here? Was it just for entertainment value?

OK, Teddyyo, here's my two cents.

Grow a thicker skin. No one has to put up with being insulted, but you took it so personally as to make your leader pick between you two? Next time, brush it off and chalk it up as that person being socially incompetent. If you're so greviously insulted, have them removed from the alliance, don't just tuck tail and run.

Good luck.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1288903885' post='2502123']
So you quit AcTi, abandoning your position as co-founder because you had an argument with an abrassive newcomer over getting your name on an announcement?

Then you log dumped it all for everyone?

That's... not the most impressive series of decisions I've ever seen. What did you hope to accomplish here? Was it just for entertainment value?

OK, Teddyyo, here's my two cents.

Grow a thicker skin. No one has to put up with being insulted, but you took it so personally as to make your leader pick between you two? Next time, brush it off and chalk it up as that person being socially incompetent. If you're so greviously insulted, have them removed from the alliance, don't just tuck tail and run.

Good luck.
[/quote]
A clear and unbiased opinion :rolleyes:

People who know me think differently.

Also, reading comprehension ftw. Re-read ALL of the OP.

Edited by Teddyyo

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1288902865' post='2502105']

More or less....
[/quote]
I always wondered why he thought the FAR treaty was such an accomplishment.

Batt: We treatied FAR!
Tedd: What?
Batt: They tie us to Polaris!
Tedd: I'm in the middle of talking to VE about a treaty.
Batt: Why do you take so long?
Tedd:...
Batt: Here lemme do it gtfo of the channel

The VE treaty was declined the next day.

Edited by Teddyyo

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1288904221' post='2502128']
[/quote]

Well, actually it is. I haven't heard of you until you posted this so I'm willing to view this as objectively as possible.

Also, reading comprehension ftw. Re-read ALL of the OP. [/quote]

What part do you think I'm missing?

Also, answer my question, what did you hope to accomplish with this thread?

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1288905724' post='2502156']
Others seem to be able to understand from the OP. I really can't summarize it, sorry dude.
[/quote]

I understand it just fine. It seems pretty obvious that you got your feelings hurt because a simple dispute. Next time, perhaps you should try to work it out instead of leaving in a huff. Never let anyone run you off. Take them out. Anyway, good luck, you're probably better off now.

[quote name='Leigon' timestamp='1288889999' post='2501951']

Apart from the fact that Xiph would probably kick both members, if it came to such a showdown in a PUBLIC channel, the whole situation should never have arisen. As soon as a wellrespected member, a founder no less, has complaints against a new member who is a known troublemaker he gets the boot. It's as easy as that. I don't care how much he's done in those 24 days he can't be depended upon like an old member who you know will stand with you in the next war. And the one after that. If it's an either or decision I'll take the oldie every time.
[/quote]
I don't really think that kicking anyone is merited for airing dirty laundry in public. I've done it myself. That can easily be dealt with by PMing someone and saying that that's not cool. Kbing a government member from the IRC channel may be meriting kicking someone.

But really, the way that this should have been dealt with is to tell TeddyO to cool it, xr1 to show some respect, and work with those two to write a charter that all government can live with because it seems that xr1 thought there was a charter that TeddyO wasn't aware of.

[quote name='Kill Joy' timestamp='1288898799' post='2502051']
Logic? Sounds like you haven't had the pleasure of chatting with Batallion before
[/quote]
I haven't dealt with him personally.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1288903885' post='2502123']

Good luck.
[/quote]
This. The ultimatum was a bad move but you did have a legitimate claim. By leaving, you pretty much forfeited any chance that you had to reconcile.

People who know me think differently.

Also, reading comprehension ftw. Re-read ALL of the OP.
[/quote]
He probably read and comprehended better than you did. Just saying. And he doesn't know you, he's going based on this thread. You can't really make a comment that is basically composed of "BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!" and then fault people for thinking you're a bit irrational.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='JackSkellington' timestamp='1288860272' post='2501730']
There is even a list?...
[/quote]
Why do you think it's so short?

[quote name='Leigon' timestamp='1288889999' post='2501951']

[/quote]

To be fair, their public channel has about 0-5 people on.

Also, AcTi has one ODP with ConC last time I checked.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1288906641' post='2502171']
Why do you think it's so short?

To be fair, their public channel has about 0-5 people on.

[b]Also, AcTi has one ODP with ConC last time I checked.[/b]
[/quote]

They really need to update that Wiki...

@Kzopp: What you seem to be missing is that he kinda tried removing xR1 and it didn't work. And he didn't leave because of hurt feelings, but because xR1 us a legitimately terrible person who runs alliances into the ground, and he didn't want to stick around to see that happen.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1288909389' post='2502218']
@Kzopp: What you seem to be missing is that he kinda tried removing xR1 and it didn't work. And he didn't leave because of hurt feelings, but because xR1 us a legitimately terrible person who runs alliances into the ground, and he didn't want to stick around to see that happen.
[/quote]

You, sir, are terribly wrong.

[quote name='xR1 Fatal Instinct' timestamp='1288910327' post='2502236']
You, sir, are terribly wrong.
[/quote]
Stunning rebuttal full of facts and reasons why people should believe you. Reasons to the contrary, on the other hand, are abundant and well known to just about everyone but Teddyyo and KingEd, apparently.

xR1: The one topic everyone can agree on.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1288914173' post='2502337']
Stunning rebuttal full of facts and reasons why people should believe you. Reasons to the contrary, on the other hand, are abundant and well known to just about everyone but Teddyyo and KingEd, apparently.

xR1: The one topic everyone can agree on.
[/quote]

xR1 bringing peace to the divided since 2010