=LOST= Takes MK Back

Epiphanus

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1288306781' post='2495639']
you also thought it was a good idea to use someone who has been in MK for about a month as a shining example of our future politics?
[/quote]

If a member of your alliance says something that misrepresents yourselves, and some one believes that person. The person you should have an issue with is the member of your alliance, not the person who believes him.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1288306781' post='2495639']
So, not only do you know very little about MK nowadays, you also thought it was a good idea to use someone who has been in MK for about a month as a shining example of our future politics? Maybe you could care a little more if you want to drivel from your soapbox.
[/quote]

I know everything I need to about MK these days, an aversion to reading the majority of the OWF or posting here is far from an ignorance of CN politics, any fool knows that 99.99% of the stuff posted here is meaningless.

If MK deems members posting on the OWF threatening to extort an alliances tech at the earliest opportunity and making them reroll if they don't agree acceptable, then clearly its a sign of the sad times at MK. I keep my house in order, maybe you should work on keeping yours in order.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1288306960' post='2495643']
If a member of your alliance says something that misrepresents yourselves, and some one believes that person. The person you should have an issue with is the member of your alliance, not the person who believes him.
[/quote]
Normally I would agree with you, but this is BAPS. They have said that Alterego does not represent their world view ad nauseum, and yet here they're saying brickyard represents MK as a whole. I can see how this sort of misconception would come about, but I dislike the blatant hypocrisy.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1288303928' post='2495578']
[s] What crap? [/s] Dont care

and

[b]What if I used NoWedge or TBB as examples?[/b][/quote]
If you did you would look just as ridiculous as everyone who presently tries to compare new GOONS to old GOONS, thas what if.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1288306960' post='2495643']
[/quote]

I don't have an issue with Shrooms saying whatever they want whereever they want. I do find it amusing that people will take that as an official policy though.

[quote name='Nobody Expects' timestamp='1288307000' post='2495644']
I know everything I need to about MK these days, an aversion to reading the majority of the OWF or posting here is far from an ignorance of CN politics, any fool knows that 99.99% of the stuff posted here is meaningless.

If MK deems members posting on the OWF threatening to extort an alliances tech at the earliest opportunity and making them reroll if they don't agree acceptable, then clearly its a sign of the sad times at MK. I keep my house in order, maybe you should work on keeping yours in order.
[/quote]

Look, when you have Alterego babbling around, you shouldn't comment on anyone's members and [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=93722&st=240&p=2492004&#entry2492004"]certainly not use said members as a representation of MK[/url].

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1288307384' post='2495655']
Normally I would agree with you, but this is BAPS. They have said that Alterego does not represent their world view ad nauseum, and yet here they're saying brickyard represents MK as a whole. I can see how this sort of misconception would come about, but I dislike the blatant hypocrisy.
[/quote]

This would be a valid point, and indeed it would stand up, if only for A0 doesn't make threats to people and never has, he simply espouses his own personal political views on our dear world to all who will listen

[quote name='Nobody Expects' timestamp='1288307609' post='2495664']
This would be a valid point, and indeed it would stand up, if only for A0 doesn't make threats to people and never has, he simply espouses his own personal political views on our dear world to all who will listen
[/quote]
Considering neither has any power within their respective alliances I don't see any difference, despite the content of the posts.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1288307785' post='2495672']
Considering neither has any power within their respective alliances I don't see any difference, despite the content of the posts.
[/quote]

That's fair enough, BAPS clearly has far higher standards than MK, we don't tolerate our members threatening other alliances on the OWF, but if you want to allow that sort of conduct, it's your prerogative, and has been duly noted.

=LOST= re-signed this!?!? ... How dare they!

MK re-signed a treaty they held previously?!?! ... What gall!

Archon's name is on this despite being inactive at the moment?!?! ... The nerve!

How dare =LOST= use those accursed equal signs in their name! ... RAGE!!!

Also: Roll GOONS.

:v::v::v:

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1288308719' post='2495707']
Yeah MK, get your house in order... And by that we (myself and Nobody Expects) mean that you should curb your members freedom of speech. It's disgusting. :gag:
[/quote]

BAPS gives all members freedom of speech, there's a fundamental difference between freedom of speech or the ability to espouse one's opinion, and making threats to other alliances, though perhaps the distinction goes above your head.

[quote name='MagicalTrevor' timestamp='1288305892' post='2495622']
=lost= are pretty cool, 'grats

And buds, ignore brickyard, not worth it.
[/quote]

This man speaks truth. Its far too easy to get Buds riled up it appears :awesome:

I don't speak for MK, or even pretend to. Fact of the matter is, I made a joke about attacking BAPS - they then said they'd rather re-roll than give us tech in said attack. Didnt say MK would make you re-roll, you said it yourself buddeh.

But continue on with your rants, its entertaining :v:

[quote name='Nobody Expects' timestamp='1288309002' post='2495712']
BAPS gives all members freedom of speech, there's a fundamental difference between freedom of speech or the ability to espouse one's opinion, and making threats to other alliances, though perhaps the distinction goes above your head.
[/quote]

There, too, is a fundamental difference between a serious threat backed up by intent and the jibe that got you in a tizzy, though perhaps such a distinction goes above your head.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1288308084' post='2495683']
=LOST= re-signed this!?!? ... How dare they!

MK re-signed a treaty they held previously?!?! ... What gall!

Archon's name is on this despite being inactive at the moment?!?! ... The nerve!

How dare =LOST= use those accursed equal signs in their name! ... RAGE!!!

Also: Roll :(( GOONS :(( .

:v::v::v:
[/quote]
You forgot the :((.

Congrats to =LOST= on obtaining a new satellite alliance.