Announcement from the New Sith Order

heggo

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1284335072' post='2451698']
We chose to request R&R's assistance based on the comments I received. We were already going to bring an alliance in to help with a handful of mid-range targets. Since it was hinted that IRON would stay out if that alliance happened to be R&R, then it made the most strategic sense for that alliance to be R&R.
[/quote]

i can see where you would get that assumption, as the precedent has been so clearly set before.

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1284335199' post='2451703']
How this degraded so much. :(

I have nothing against IRON nor RnR(even though you nuked me a couple of times in the last three wars).

Again I wish the best of luck to IRON and hope we can all calm down, without becoming bitter with one another.
[/quote]

I hope so too, but I don't think it'll happen. Most of us were pretty angry that R&R declared on NSO, but a conspiracy theory is always too good to pass up :/

Edited by Crusty Juggler

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1284335154' post='2451702']
The gist is that IRON leaked it to Hoo that as long as R&R was in the initial attacking force, they would stay neutral.
[/quote]

I have no idea if they leaked it on purpose, were just hoping that would happen, or were just discussing possibilities. I only know that it was enough to make our decision on how to go about our attack easier ...

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1284324817' post='2451390']
This is not the case. NSO discussed their desire to cancel this treaty with me awhile ago. It was right after they found out that IRON had actively assisted in plotting the war against NSO. I don't think canceling a treaty in that situation is unwarranted.
[/quote]

Your statement above was already discredited by the R&R government on page 3. I quoted it below to make it easier for you to read :)

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1284322532' post='2451329']
I'm not going to discuss if DVD actually said that or not and to who... [b]But we (R&R) did NOT get any requests from IRON to attack you guys.[/b] Trust me, if we had I would be the first one to post it on the OWF and rub it in your face.

Anyway, my apologies to IRON for any part we played in this but i'm not gonna pretend i'll lose sleep over this cancellation.

o/ IRON!
[/quote]

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1284326210' post='2451437']
Do what? Send no aid?

Zero is a pretty big number....Less than other friends is ok....but Zero? Must we spell it out for you?
[/quote]

^you already have spelled it out. 2 times in that 1 post.

Edited by Dom Zak

The entire degrade of relations between NSO and IRON has been due to one thing. The fact that NSO only cared about IRON's government members and what they could do for NSO. I being one of many diplomats have heard reports and seen for myself that NSO has had no interest in IRON's general membership and has ignored our every attempt to communicate even deleting our posts in the embassy on the NSO forum. Second when there is an alliance ignoring your members and showing no signs of friendship yet other alliances that we have embassies with but are not allied to are actually being friendly and enjoying our members why would we not cancel and look for other friends. NSO just got butt hurt that IRON members don't like being ignored and then asked to give them free money to rebuild so that we can get put at risk of being rolled because NSO's members think it's fun to aid rogues.

[color="#FF0000"]This is quite the show that is being put on. Funny that this treaty was so long in the making. IRON isn't really a hard alliance to figure out. Win a few wars, and they will like you. Lose a few...well you see where it goes.

Also, Moridin, QUIT BEING SUCH A KILLJOY, with all your facts and whatnot. I actually wanted to feel some sense of nostalgia for the good ole Frostbite days, and you thouroughly trashed them. What a guy.[/color]

[quote name='Raven Nation' timestamp='1284337113' post='2451746']
The entire degrade of relations between NSO and IRON has been due to one thing. The fact that NSO only cared about IRON's government members and what they could do for NSO. I being one of many diplomats have heard reports and seen for myself that NSO has had no interest in IRON's general membership and has ignored our every attempt to communicate even deleting our posts in the embassy on the NSO forum. Second when there is an alliance ignoring your members and showing no signs of friendship yet other alliances that we have embassies with but are not allied to are actually being friendly and enjoying our members why would we not cancel and look for other friends. NSO just got butt hurt that IRON members don't like being ignored and then asked to give them free money to rebuild so that we can get put at risk of being rolled because NSO's members think it's fun to aid rogues.
[/quote]

I believe I personally pointed out that no one actually deleted your posts on our embassies. Although it is sad to see that's how IRON membership felt.

The entire degrade of relations between NSO and IRON has been due to one thing. The fact that NSO only cared about IRON's government members and what they could do for NSO.
[/quote]

I think you're forgetting the circumstances occurring at the time the treaty was signed.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1284335154' post='2451702']
The gist is that IRON leaked it to Hoo that as long as R&R was in the initial attacking force, they would stay neutral.
[/quote]

Or you know: Hoo only wanted NSO and didn't want to pull in one of its bigger allies, so they used R&R as a block against IRON entering the war and as an aggressive force against NSO's middle-tier. Makes sense... If you... have a brain. Simple Strategy.

[quote name='Davian Thule' timestamp='1284337856' post='2451762']
Sounds like he was sacked for not doing a satisfactory job. :blink:
[/quote]

No, it was his plan to murder his master and take the throne. That or his excessive flatulence. One or the other.

[quote name='Dom Zak' timestamp='1284338376' post='2451773']
Or you know: Hoo only wanted NSO and didn't want to pull in one of its bigger allies, so they used R&R as a block against IRON entering the war and as an aggressive force against NSO's middle-tier. Makes sense... If you... have a brain. Simple Strategy.
[/quote]
Yeah, except that's not what Hoo said in this thread.

[/quote]
Yeah, I remember this one time I tried to create an inter-alliance posting class back during my vacation during the BiPolar war.

Totally was ignored by the general membership...(No it wasn't, but it never amounted to anything when it turned out I was serious)

Listen, we made the effort. Your alliance is the party that didnt reciprocate.